Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth or Dare Stories

Old 11-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #16
NowStop

"AUT-" I started to shout, before my voice was drowned out by the following crack of lighting and thunder as I bolted outside the bar.

BOOM

CRACK

pitter

patter

My semi-dry clothes became instantly became soaked again as I tried to use my free hand to shield my eyes and turned my head so I could attempt to see which way she went.

Left.

Right.

I caught barely in the next lighting strike a dark and shadowy wraith fleeing away from me and around the block street corner.

"AUTUMN, WAIT!"

If she could hear me shout that second time, then she clearly didn't care enough to stop and come back to me.

I swore loudly out loud to the skies and heavens above as I then started to chase after her.

I must be fucking crazy.

I must be fucking crazy.

I -AM- fucking crazy.

I have always hated driving in the rain.

When I was first learning to drive when I was 14 (Yeah, I'm a criminal. I also jaywalk and spit on the pavement, so fuck it), I was caught in a sudden rainstorm my second time out on the road. I actually hydroplaned, swerved in a one-eighty turn across one lane of my side of the road, then two lanes of incoming traffic, and damn near smashed into a popular tree on the far side.

It scared me to death, to be honest.

Watching Halloween with all the lights off? Not a problem.

Bungee jumping and sky diving? Bring it on.

Driving in the rain, however? Not if I can help it. (And yes, I know how stupid that sounds.)

I shifted gears and backed out of the driveway and onto the road, flicking my brights and windshield wipers on as I then started to anxiously drive. The yards and road on either side and ahead of me were deserted, as I guessed that I was the only damn fool outside at the moment going
anywhere.

Grrreeeeeeaaaaaattt. I thought dryly to myself, internally rolling my eyes.

I then turned the radio off so I could better focus on the roadway ahead of me, leaving behind only the sounds of the rain to mix with the hum of my engine and fill the sound void of my surrounding world.

pitter

patter

drip

drop

I shifted gears again and started to move forward towards the nearby state road, which would lead to another road, which would lead to another road...and then to the Steak n' Shake where I would hopefully find her.

I must be fucking crazy.

I must be fucking crazy.

I -AM- fucking crazy.

~fin Chapter Ten: Chasing

The story I am writing, Rainfall.

Please give it a read, and tell me what you honestly think.

Piņa coladas, and getting caught in the rain. I like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.

Dislikes

Coffee. The fact that Pushing Daisies only got two seasons. And that there are some people who really believe that love is not all you need.
NowStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:09 PM   #17
NowStop

A playground.

I stood just outside of the low swinging plastic gate. Looking in past it, I could see her figure shaking as she stood in the middle of it next to the teeter-totter, the lightning cracking and occasionally illuminating her figure up in the unforgiving, surrounding darkness.

Her back was to me.

Without saying anything, I walked through the gate and across the melted grass. My shoes began to sink down into the mud footstep after footstep, causing them to soak through almost instantly.

BOOM

CRACK

plip

plop

I don't know what possessed me to do this. What made me chase after a girl I barely knew like this. That I just met a few hours ago. But...when I was right there behind her, I let go of her umbrella, simply wrapped my arms around her from behind and held her against my chest.

She froze up, obviously afraid for a moment, and then relaxed when she realized it was me.

After a moment, her lips parted and she spoke softly. “...You aren't who I was hoping you were, you know.”

“I know.” I said simply as my heart began to race from that simple touch, that simple contact with her.

“This isn't the first time he's done this to me.” She continued, not hearing my response.

She turned around and faced me, her beautiful eyes looking up into mine as her sogged red hair clumped around her face and around her neck.

“You're a sweet guy, you know that?”

I shook my head slightly in disagreement, the rainwater rolling off of my nose splashing her in the face. “Nah, I am a fucking terrible and impulsive person. You'll see it if you stay around me long enough.”

She laughed. “Well, then we have something in common don't we. I'm fucking horrible too. We're just two fucking horrible people fucking standing together in this fucking rainfall together. Throw in Nicholas Sparks and we'd have the motherfuckin' Notebook.”

“I never actually saw that movie,” I replied. “I'm more of a Marvel kinda guy.”

“Fuck Marvel. DC is the way to go. You know. If they can ever make a decent movie.”

“Fuck Aquaman.”

“Fuck Iron Man.”

“Hey, RDJ did a great job!”

“Yeah, he managed to stay sober long enough to get the role down.”

“Tou-”

It was then that she leaned up and kissed me.

Soft.

Long.

Deep.

Her eyes closed, and after a moment, mine did too.

It felt right. At the end of the world, when everything is just a bunch of ashes, that is what I will remember.

This moment.

When this amazing, mysterious woman who wears mismatching Hello Kitty socks, likes DC movies, listens to Xpander, and wants to race in the rain...

Kissed me.

And just like that, it was over. She then completely pulled away from me, wrapping her arms around herself as she stepped away, looking down at the ground, and beginning to act distressed as she shook like it had nothing to do with the rain.

“If you ever, EVER tell anyone about that or mention it to me again, I will no longer be friends with you. That shouldn't have happened, that wasn't meant to happen. I'm not a cheater. I swear. I'm not. I already feel guilty about it. We can be friends. But nothing ever more. Are we clear?”

“Clear. I promise.” The pact was thus made.

And that...

That was the day that Autumn walked into my life.

The thing about Steak n' Shake is that the burgers are both really tiny, really expensive, really greasy, and really made out of steak. Which is a good thing, considering the restaurant's name.

I parked my car and stepped out into the rain.

plip

splash

plop

BOOM

CRACK

I was, naturally, instantly soaked.

I walked through the almost empty parking lot to the store and saw Autumn inside with her boyfriend, trying to unsuccessfully drink a thick banana-and-strawberry shake through a straw. The straw kept collapsing in upon itself and she was clearly getting more and more frustrated with it. Instead of grabbing a spoon and digging in that way, she pulled the straw out, flipped it around, and sucked it clean from the other side.

Ding Ding

The doorbell went off and I walked inside. I motioned away the hostess who was about to try to seat me, and I walked over to the couple.

“Dammit Alex, why are you here?! I told you that I don't want to see you again to-”

Her eyes flicked to her boyfriend, the same one that kept cheating on her and lying to her over and over again. His face widened with surprise and then closed instantly with distrust.

“Were you with him tonight, love?” he said softly in a quizzical but accusatory tone.

“...Yes.” she said meekly after a moment.

“I told you, you can't spend time with him anymore. I don't fucking trust him around you.” He kept his voice down as he spoke, but he was clearly pissed. “Are you two fucking behind my back?”

Her voice picking up a tremor in it, her hand holding the straw now beginning to quiver, causing the last stubborn bits of shake to spill out onto the tabletop. “No, I swear, we haven't ever done anything togeth-”

He cut her off.

“Liar. Its written all over your fucking face. I can't believe I fucking trusted you. I can't believe that I fucking took you back over and fucking over again every time you broke up with me.” A vein in his neck began to bulge as he laid into her verbally, and she kept shrinking down further and further into her polyester booth.

This wasn't how the Autumn I knew would act.

No way.

Not the girl I met.

And so I did the only thing I could think of...

I decked the bastard in front of Autumn, the wait staff, God, and everyone who could see. And honestly, it felt damn good to see him sprawled out on the floor, clutching his jaw in clear pain.

For about a second. Then my hand started to really fucking hurt.

“Owww...” I moaned out loud as I clutched my injury with my good hand. I could tell that I probably broke something.

Autumn looked down at her boyfriend, then up at me. Then at the hostess who were clearly calling the police and looking over at us all.

“Fuck you Alex. Never talk to me again. I mean it.”

And that...

That was the day that Autumn walked out of my life.

~fin: Chapter Ten: Crossroads

~fin Part I: Fate

Piņa coladas, and getting caught in the rain. I like making love at midnight, in the dunes of the cape.

Dislikes

Coffee. The fact that Pushing Daisies only got two seasons. And that there are some people who really believe that love is not all you need.

Last edited by NowStop; 08-17-2015 at 01:26 AM.
Old 08-16-2015, 11:01 PM   #18
BlueCookies
getDare Sweetheart

So glad you came back to start writing this again!!

Likes: Semi-public, humiliation, orgasm control/denial, bondage, body writing, nipple play, teasing, messy, toothpaste, anything creative/unique
Dislikes: Pee/poop (will do pee for punishment), pain
Limits: Bananas, too public or risky, permanent, pictures (for complete strangers), family, webcam

Ask a Cookie Anything!
My Return to getDare
Check out my list of toys here!
Cookie's PM Dares (currently active)
BlueCookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:28 AM   #19
NowStop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCookies View Post
So glad you came back to start writing this again!!
Thank you.

My heart was cracked a few days ago. Writing helps me cope and not think about things.

This is the end of Part I: Fate, by the way.

Dislikes

Old 08-24-2015, 01:13 PM   #20
Jingle Bells

Wow! This is probably the best writing I've ever seen on this site! You could be the next Wordsmiff!
Jingle Bells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 11:25 PM   #21
flashpoint

Amazing story ,haven't read many stories that can shift between past and present that good ,waiting for part 2 ,keep it up
flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk