Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 09-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #16
archie21
getDare Succubus

I realised as I read on how many use similar ideas to escape and I have to agree this is a most interesting thread.

If I have a special place it is in my car or sitting in silence in the bedroom. It is considered the most peaceful place in the whole house.

But going through whats been entered so far it is the similarity of the escapes to find order so I would like to add mine to that list.
I write mostly adult material, I like to sing and play guitar, I find that lets the agression and pain out, singing gospel songs out loud makes me feel good and lifts me up as do various buddist chants. I love to bury myself in silence. I have tried meditating with little success but my most successful way of getting order is to talk to myself. I take both angles of the discussion anad then argue the whole problem out. I am told by those who have seen this that it is like watching a one man play, complete with different voices for the different sides of the arguement.

My best stress relief, being on get dare setting dares or simply enjoying reading what everyone else is up too.... Generally makes me feel part of something bigger no matter how down I get.... thanks peeps.

If you don't put up a limits list, expect to be pushed on everything.
archie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #17
Joan Sky
Distinguished Member

Default Favorite place

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny r View Post
Have you got a favorite alone spot where you go to get away from everything whenever you feel depressed upset or just feel like being by yourself?
A place where you can be alone to think about your problems.

Mines a little picnic table by a river near where i live. Its out of town and its always where i go and fish for hours and think about things.
Bravo on the creation of this thread. Overall, I liked reading everyone answers and it's nice to know people have that place where they can escape to and be their true selves. It sounds peaceful and happy and I imagine what most of these places look like.

Whenever I feel depressed, writing uplifts me. I wasn't always a writer. I was naturally an artist. Since elementary school, I would stare at a blank sheet of paper and imagine what to draw. A piece of my drawing would reveal itself to me on the paper and I would draw it and the next would part would appear and so on until I finished the picture that was unraveled by my imagination. That's how I would describe my natural freestyle talent then anyways. I also had a couple of people have special requests. I would draw freehand and when trying to recreate a drawing would usually draw it somewhat bigger. The way it was went away in my sophomore year of high school. I can still draw, it is just more of a rarity and a different experience than before. I wish I could have explored it more and seen that journey and potential aspect grow, but I understand why it did not. When I lost my imaginative drawing gift, the birth of my writing gift was born. I say that because before I was not a writer. I tried to write what I was feeling when I was a teenager perhaps to simply get it off my chest, but I couldn't. It was fragmented, choppy, over before it started. Now, writing is a gift that is more natural and is a way for me to explore, understand, express myself, and translate the language of my emotions into words which usually makes me feel better. It usually helps me figure out solutions and heal too. That and talking sometimes.

I find peace in stories I write or some that others create. I find peace in the present moment - seeing the beauty in it and cherishing it. I find peace in myself. I wish I had a physical place I could go to often like some here have mentioned which sound like a beautiful personal oasis. I also like to see people truly happy. So basically I'm at peace wherever I go, and I have faith.

A friend once told me "Make life your heaven."

I too believe that life is an adventure and the journey is just as important as the destination.

Last edited by Joan Sky; 02-05-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Joan Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 07:14 PM   #18
Foodlover312
getDare Devil

well if im at home its my bedroom cause im in the middle of nowhere

if im at my dads there is this little beachish spot and i like to sit in the sand surrounded by the woods
Foodlover312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #19
naughtylittlegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenny r View Post
Have you got a favorite alone spot where you go to get away from everything whenever you feel depressed upset or just feel like being by yourself?
A place where you can be alone to think about your problems.

Mines a little picnic table by a river near where i live. Its out of town and its always where i go and fish for hours and think about things.
I actually just made one a few weeks ago. I have a spare bedroom that was a playroom for a little while, then morphed into the place I throw everything I didn't have time to store away...it got a little crazy. So now it's a sewing/craftroom, with a massive divider so on the other side it's filled with pillows, blankets, and stuffies, and twinkle lights on the wall so I can read. I've made it an electronics-free zone, so I can ditch my phone, iPad, computer, it's the quietest part of my suite, and I can just relax and read or colour or nap.

I do give dares, but I am not looking to form any relationships beyond friendship at this time.

I am being mentored by my dear friend Wardell.

About Me/Kinks/Limits

Blog Post Masterlist

Off-Site Blog

My Toybox

naughtylittlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #20
mrpropel
Truth or Dare Junkie

I got a couple spots,

In the shower, while taking a cold shower. Sometimes I'll be thinking more about stuff than actually taking a shower.

In my backyard there's a really nice view of the horizon, since my house is on a hill, and a great view of all the houses and some roads. Really comforting just looking at all the clouds go by, the wind blowing on my face, and watching all the cars and people go by.

This one beach nearby is also really comforting to go to, it's very meditating and really just relaxes me. It makes me reflect on life and all the things I've done.

Cool thread!

hi there! hope you are having a great day! feel free to say hi to me on discord! `Bantering` love you all <3
mrpropel is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk