Old 12-13-2016, 12:00 AM   #1801
levu
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cstelle View Post
I'm old enough to remember the older faces (Tom!) - but Chris was the face I saw when I became a fan - but even so my Doctor is David.

Rose. I cried a lot over Rose. But I also cried when Donna thought that she understood...and when the Doctor... Ah!

RTD is my hero. The Moff wrote "Blink" and I honour him for that...

And then came the Eleventh Hour and the Ponds and the red high heals of River! And although everything is wonderful and the stories incredibly good - I stopped crying at some point.

I'm not saying that the stories are less in any way... I'm just saying that I stopped crying. I'm saying that... Peter is closer to the old Doctors than Chris or David or Matt... but the stories feel.... empty? They don't make me cry anymore.

I'm such a silly old dork.
I'm not old enough to remember the initial run but I watched the classic starting in the 90s and can see where you're coming fro . I like the new stories but definitely wish we could get stories like the classics too
Showme: pic what I'm currently wearing (if anything)
Lastpic last picture taken
Strip strip and send a picture

38/NB (AMAB)/PDX, OR, USA
Likes, want to try, Limits
levu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:14 AM   #1802
Cstelle
gD Curio

Quote:
Originally Posted by levu View Post
I'm not old enough to remember the initial run but I watched the classic starting in the 90s and can see where you're coming from.
I should point out that DW wasn't available over here until the late 80s. So I didn't see it "as it happened".

For which I will forever blame my parents.

I'm especially keen on hidden/semi public stuff (preferably outdoors) and I like to take selfies; I'm averse to anything unethical, illegal, harmful, painful, messy/dirty/unsanitary/icky or otherwise unpleasant.
Cstelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Cstelle for this post:
Old 12-16-2016, 06:07 PM   #1803
Sarge90
getDare Sweetheart

Oh, I am so glad I got this bored tonight...

First of all, obligatory warning that my opinion gets the better of me sometimes and I may get a little passionate...

Right, here goes: the episode that has sold it perfectly for me was ofc heaven sent. That is exactly the dark, gritty world that capaldis doctor belongs in, fighting both physically and mentally, stubbornly getting his point across and the job done. I never liked Clara much; she didn't really fit too well with her original stories, and when capaldi came in she was just out of place. The chemistry was off from day one, and she stayed far too long.. Especially the season finale where she was the reason he broke the universe, it felt forced and totally overplayed her part; there have been other companions much more worthy of that kind of thing.

Controversy warning: I like missy. However, no explanation as to how she survives, no reason as to why she should and still be herself instead of having regenerated, just thrown in as a convenient way to further the plot. And sadly that is what it has become; a long line of seemingly random acts thinly connected by the doctor which converge on a point that somehow must encompass everything prior. This newest series was made up almost entirely of 2 part episodes, and if you can't tell your story in the allotted time that's fine, but large chunks of several episodes could've been missed out entirely with little impact to their story. The flood could've happened in a single episode, the vikings were utterly pointless and a simple 5mins would've sufficed to 'he made this girl immortal', but maybe we were supposed to fall for her character and feel like she really deserved to live, yet that was defeated entirely by the subsequent episode (which may have worked better if they'd been spread apart, have a few episodes in between and then bring her back).

Anyway, it's a vast improvement on the series before, where capaldi was in my opinion being restrained, the point of a new doctor is he comes with his own style and quirks, none of which existed in the first series, but I think they overdid it a little in this one (yet I guarantee people will remember capaldi more as the doctor who played the guitar in a red lined jacket than as a lunatic with a blackboard, so maybe that's for the best).

I only hope we can get darker episodes to reflect Capaldi before they try to fire him; we had some of the darkest stories ever with Tennant and people loved him for it.

I could continue, but I'm getting tired now (you're welcome). Sorry for boring you

Magic always comes with a price....

Sarge90 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
doctor who, torchwood