Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 06-16-2017, 10:59 AM   #1
Jdelt
Distinguished Member

Default What are the warning signs of a bad online play partner?

In another Truth thread I started (my attempt to explore the legend of the broken cell phone camera) people keep mentioning the need of subs to lie sometimes because of pushy or rude "doms." I thought it might be interesting then to start a thread and ask, what are your warning signs that you've picked a bad play partner? For both doms and subs, what do online play partners do that warn you things are not going to end well?

Exposed blackmail victims can be found on my kinktalk!

Likes (as Dominant): games, humiliation, impact play, orgasm control/denial, consensual blackmail, Teamviewer, Qustodio, pet play, public, hidden public
Limits: scat, blood, family, social suicide
Jdelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:00 AM   #2
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

Little to no communication after initial contact.

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Kisune Karnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #3
Jdelt
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisune Karnon View Post
Little to no communication after initial contact.
Ah. The dreaded fade-away. Are we still playing? Did you get hurt? Did you just lose interest? Did a tidal wave drag you out to sea?

I hate that.

Likes (as Dominant): games, humiliation, impact play, orgasm control/denial, consensual blackmail, Teamviewer, Qustodio, pet play, public, hidden public
Old 06-16-2017, 11:05 AM   #4
Allykat

As a sub: not respecting boundaries. Trying to negotiate your limits like you have those limits for fun. Being too pushy and demanding explanations for everything and then don't believe you when you do give one. Being borderline obsessive thinking you're around to play 24/7 and will get mad if you take longer than 5 mins to respond.

These are traits of an abuser, not a Dom. Unfortunately they seem way too common for a lot of "doms" online.

Likes, dislikes and limits
Allykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
Jolly*FtM

I agree with allykat.

I'll add: no safeword, and a too fast procedure and the worst "doms" they don't think about health and safety and demand dangerous things.

Into: BDSM, orgasm denial, anal, vaginal, torture, pee, spanking, pet play, age play, humiliation, heavy pain, control, rules, diapers, wax, icyhot, ice, being used and abused
Limits: crossdressing, scat, permanent, blood, public, illegal, facepic, friends & family

KIK: Jolly.ftm
Telegram: @JollyJayRoger

Lovense: Jolly1234

Men only!
100% sub (no switching!!)

My toys
likes, phantasies and what i am looking for
My calender
PM Dares
Jolly*FtM is online now   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Jolly*FtM for this post:
Old 06-16-2017, 11:14 AM   #6
Jdelt
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allykat View Post
As a sub: not respecting boundaries. Trying to negotiate your limits like you have those limits for fun. Being too pushy and demanding explanations for everything and then don't believe you when you do give one. Being borderline obsessive thinking you're around to play 24/7 and will get mad if you take longer than 5 mins to respond.

These are traits of an abuser, not a Dom. Unfortunately they seem way too common for a lot of "doms" online.
I don't get the negotiations over limits. What fun is it if your partner is uncomfortable and anxious? I've occasionally pushed limits of partners before, but that's only with long-term play partners, and lots (and lots) of trust and communication before hand.

And the 24/7 thing is universal I think. Sometimes I just need to do laundry or pick up the kids.

Old 06-16-2017, 11:23 AM   #7
Allykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdelt View Post
I don't get the negotiations over limits. What fun is it if your partner is uncomfortable and anxious? I've occasionally pushed limits of partners before, but that's only with long-term play partners, and lots (and lots) of trust and communication before hand.

And the 24/7 thing is universal I think. Sometimes I just need to do laundry or pick up the kids.
Pushing limits can be fun and exciting, but as you say, you need to have a lot of trust for each other before doing that, and also need to be able to communicate properly. I think people like that simply don't care which again is more a thing an abuser would do, not a dom.

Definitely. It's like people forget that most people have work and/or school and other real life responsibilities that has to take priority over some random person online. I get that it can be a bit annoying if you're having a conversation then one person suddenly stops responding without saying anything, but expecting it to be like that all the time is just silly.

Likes, dislikes and limits
Allykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:52 AM   #8
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

Butterfly posted a blog here about this. Very helpful and good advice for newbies!
Get a rule from me here.

NOTlooking for a dom/sub or to play a game, exchange dares, pictures etc!
IceMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to IceMaiden for this post:
Old 06-17-2017, 11:09 AM   #9
motmot13131313
Distinguished Member

Consistently showing no to little respect for your limits and boundaries especially if you haven't asked them to try push you through some of them. Like i had a dom who wanted passwords and usernames to everything and all details about me for blackmail despite me just wanting a dom to have some leverage to encourage me to do certain things. He pushed it to far i had to say no eventually and put my foot down.
Discord is Gooner666#5598
Hangouts is [email protected]

Likes: O-denial, Edging, Xdressing, being dominated, bladder desperation, semi-public, exhib, mild cbt or humiliation, teasing with pics from femdoms

hard limits: scat, drinking pee, risky public, extreme cbt, fire, wax, social suicide,

Toys: fem clothes, lipstick, clothespins, shoelace

dont live alone may delay dares
motmot13131313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #10
Twins

No communication
Constantly pushing against limits (I state them to start don't like them go else where)
No actual care
Asking impossible things (had someone ask me to eat my own bum)
Complains if you get sick or have something else to do

Into pee/spanking/choking/incest
And a bunch more
Twins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:24 PM   #11
Jdelt
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twins View Post
Asking impossible things (had someone ask me to eat my own bum)
Eat your own bum...

I don't even...

Wow.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:39 PM   #12
Jdelt
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMaiden View Post
Butterfly posted a blog here about this. Very helpful and good advice for newbies!
Like everything else she does, this is really good! Thanks for linking it.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:54 PM   #13
kurious kat
getDare's Kinkiest Kitty

Pushing for something mid-scene that you said early on that you didn't want to/aren't comfortable doing. When your endorphins are high, you're more likely to cross a boundary you'll regret later, which is why negotiations should always be completed before play begins. If it goes well, there's always room to renegotiate next time if trust has built up by then.

I also find someone who's unwilling to consider the particulars of your daily life rarely makes a good play partner. Workplaces, school situations, housing considerations, etc. can make tasks harder for some than for others. A play partner doesn't have to be a mind reader, but if you say, "Hey, I have a concern about how this will affect other parts of my life because I have to deal with ____," they should be able to adapt or replace the task without a fuss, and without accusing you of questioning their authority.
kurious kat is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to kurious kat for this post:
Old 06-18-2017, 05:44 AM   #14
yui

The ones who think they own you after 2 messages always bother me

xyui_iuyx is my kik, feel free to send me tasks

likes: edging, diapers, pet play, psin, self bondage, denial, rules, crossdressing, body writing, pics, semi public, bladder control

Limits: blood, anal, extreme public

I've start started doing PM dares so help me out
yui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 07:53 AM   #15
tcitycity
Distinguished Member

Default nope

wife & I almost never do anything online unless we know who it is and they are friends or etc.. Otherwise never. As far as video... as far as GD or similar its anoumous enough
tcitycity is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk