Old 02-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #46
Luffy90

Chapter 45: Finale

Ruby opened her eyes. She was lying in a bed, staring up at the lights in the roof. She felt dizzy, her head was spinning, and she had no idea where or how she had ended up in this place.
  She sat herself up in the bed and looked around. It looked like some kind of hospital. There was a curtain going all the way around her bed, but she could see the shadow of another bed behind it. She jumped out of the bed, standing still for a second to make the room stop spinning. When she pulled back the curtain, she could see another girl sleeping in the other bed. Only her face were visible, she had a cute sleeping face and short blonde hair. Somehow, Ruby had the feeling that she knew this girl.

Ruby could hear someone coming in the door behind her.
  “Oh, you’re awake. How are you feeling?” A woman asked. She had a warm and gentle voice.
  Ruby turned around. The woman was wearing some light blue scrubs and held a chart of some sort in her hands, she was probably a nurse in this place. “Where am i?” She asked.
  “You’re in Jason Hay’s Recovery Center. Looks like you’re feeling much better.”
  “Recovery?” Ruby asked. “For what?”
  “Well, that is the beauty of this place. Once you’ve recovered, you won’t even know what problems you had before.” The nurse said. “Now, let’s get you back to bed. I’ve brought you some clothes so that you can get dressed for when your mother comes to get you. She’s probably worried sick about you.”
  My mom... I can’t even remember how she looks. Ruby thought to herself. “How long have i been here, and why does this girl look so familiar?” She asked the nurse.
  The woman looked surprised and anxious by that question. “Uh, you have been here for almost two weeks.” She answered back. Dodging the second question.”
  “And the girl?” Ruby pushed.
  “Sorry.” The nurse said. “But i can’t share personal information about other patients. Now please follow me back to your bed.”

Ruby hesitantly turned away from the girl and got back to her own bed. A pile of clothes had been laid on it. She stepped out of the white clothes they had given her, before she dressed back up in her own clothes.
  Once dressed, she climbed back on to her bed. But as the nurse left the room, she could hear the girl in the other bed move behind the curtains. “You awake?” Ruby asked in a low voice. She could not see her clearly through the curtains, so she was unsure if she had woken up or not.
  A few seconds went by before a tired voice responded. “Yes...”
  Ruby looked to the door where the nurse had left, no movement. She jumped down from her bed again and walked over to the girl, now sitting up in her bed, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. “What’s your name?” Ruby asked her.
  “It’s Kate. Where am i? And who are you?” Kate asked.
  “We’re in some kind of recovery place, i’m Ruby. Sorry, i just got the feeling that i knew you somehow. How long have you been here?”
  “I... Uh, i’m not sure how long i’ve been here, my mind is all messy... Sorry, but i don’t think i know you.” Kate said back.
  “Oh.” Ruby said, disappointed.
  Kate just smiled back at her.
  Ruby didn’t know what else to say to the girl, her guts told her to keep asking her questions, but what was the point? She was being sent home any minute now, and the other girl didn’t know who she was either. Ruby then heard someone at the door, and she rushed back to her bed.
  The nurse came in. “Come with me please Ruby, It’s time to go.”

Ruby sat in the front passenger side of the car, on her way to what apparently was home. Her head was a complete mess. She looked over at the woman who was driving. Long dark hair, looked to be in her forties, supposedly her mom. She felt something familiar about her, but there were so many blanks in her memory that she didn’t fully believe anything that was said to her.
  This woman, her mom, had been filled with joy when she met her back in the center, and Ruby had just accepted her long and warm hug. She figured she might aswell go for it and hope that her memories would return eventually.
  “It’s so good to have you back, my sweet little Ruby.” Her mom held her right hand out to her.
  Ruby accepted her hand, her mom squeezed it. She wanted to be happy about going home, but the only thing that was stuck on her mind, was the girl back at the center. “Hey mom?”
  “Yes sweetie?”
  “Do i know someone named Kate?” Ruby asked.
  “Not that i know of, sorry. Why?”
  “No reason...”

The car stopped.
  “We’re home!” Her mom said with a cheerful voice. "Doesn't it feel good to be back?"
  Ruby looked at the house, she did not recognize it at all. She didn’t remember any of her friends, her mom or her house. Whatever she had been cured from at the center, she did not feel as if it was worth it.
  “Are you coming in?” Her mom asked.
  Ruby didn't respond. She just kept staring curiously at the house.
  “You okay honey?”
  “Yeah... Coming...” She said and slowly walked towards the door. She was finally home.

THE END

Click here to comment on the original thread!

Last edited by Leopard; 03-12-2015 at 06:21 PM.
The following 3 users say Thank You to Luffy90 for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk