Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

View Poll Results: Should Staff and Site rules be voted on, by the members of GetDare.com
Yes, 17 0.00%
No, 42 0.00%
who cares? 23,456,794 25.18%
50 edges for OP 69,696,988 74.82%
Voters: 93153841. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 11:03 AM   #1
centurion01
getDare Addict

Default Should the current Staff and site rules be member set?

I'm asking if the members and users of GetDare believe that it's time for a staff clean out and rules updated.

Likes - Dislikes - Limits - Toys

Kik - Centurion03

Pm Dares -
PM Dares

Last edited by centurion01; 08-10-2016 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:14 AM   #2
bleonav06
Account Banned

I think there could be elections for staff positions, although I have no problem with any of the current staff so they can stay.

Limits pics vids scat illegal family extreme pain public wedgies messy

No I don't have or want kik or skype don't bother asking nor do I want to be your mistress nor slave

m/19 switch

I don't have any toys

AMA My first story

Spoiler:
Lol you just wasted your time opening this

Last edited by bleonav06; 08-10-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:19 AM   #3
wolf82
Prodigy

I'm fine with who we have on here as mods/admins, and we do have this mod application that can be filled out at any time by anyone: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=257945.

A dom just here to have a good time.

Sometimes I just browse, sometimes I interact.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #4
silverdarknight
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by centurion01 View Post
I'm asking if the members and users of GetDare believe that it's time for a staff clean out and rules updated.
WTF!?

Our current mod team do an amazing job. I think changing them is a stupid idea.

Besides, this isn't your website. Unsurprisingly, the folks who own the website, pay the hosting etc own it.

This suggestion is akin to wandering into someone's house and suggesting it is run by a bunch of passing drunks.

Likes:Enthusiasm, Pain, CBT, Spankings, Humiliation, disgusting, chemical play, sissy, pics(others), (&)
Dislikes: Public, pee, pics(me), anal, (&)
Limits: Stupid, Exposure, Rules, bondage, Long tasks, social suicide, (&)
Bonus features: My rules(#), 'wanted' ad & many questions.
&=More details on Likes/Dislikes etc here
*=Full 'how to' details & rules here
The following 2 users say Thank You to silverdarknight for this post:
Old 08-10-2016, 11:30 AM   #5
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

I don't have an opinion on your question.

However I do believe that the current staff of Microsoft suck and that it's time for a staff clean up and for me to be made CEO. I mean... I don't have a clue about the ins and out of how Microsoft works behind closed doors. But I don't like Windows Updates and other small annoyances and me being butthurt is perfectly reasonable justification to just take over a company that isn't even mine and make decisions based on half-informations I have and even though I am aware that Microsoft is not a democracy.

Surely, this must sound logical right? Should I make a poll about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverdarknight View Post
This suggestion is akin to wandering into someone's house and suggesting it is run by a bunch of passing drunks.
Pretty much this.

P.S. I could actually close this (and probably should) but I'm in a good moood today and I find it rather amusing so I will leave it up. I can't guarantee what one of my "awful" co-moderators won't though

Last edited by SubMissChievous; 08-10-2016 at 11:34 AM. Reason: Do I need to insert a meaningful reason?
The following 2 users say Thank You to SubMissChievous for this post:
Old 08-10-2016, 11:44 AM   #6
centurion01
getDare Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubMissChievous View Post
I don't have an opinion on your question.

However I do believe that the current staff of Microsoft suck and that it's time for a staff clean up and for me to be made CEO. I mean... I don't have a clue about the ins and out of how Microsoft works behind closed doors. But I don't like Windows Updates and other small annoyances and me being butthurt is perfectly reasonable justification to just take over a company that isn't even mine and make decisions based on half-informations I have and even though I am aware that Microsoft is not a democracy.

Surely, this must sound logical right? Should I make a poll about it?

Pretty much this.

P.S. I could actually close this (and probably should) but I'm in a good moood today and I find it rather amusing so I will leave it up. I can't guarantee what one of my "awful" co-moderators won't though
And the closing of a valid question... is the good example of the point I put across..

Ps, it would breach freedom of speech laws to close it

Likes - Dislikes - Limits - Toys

Kik - Centurion03

Pm Dares -
PM Dares
Old 08-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #7
SwitchKinkyM
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
And the closing of a valid question... is the good example of the point I put across..

That is hilarious. I've got news for you, freedom of speech does not apply here. Any attorney would laugh you out of their office if you were seeking one.

This website is not owned nor run by the government. Not is it a public space. It is owned privately and simply provided to the public as a privilege.

Can I yell "fire" in a crowded theatre and claim freedom of speech? No! See Schenck v. United States.

Perhaps even more relevant, could I, as a student, write anything I wish and have it published in the school newspaper? Freedom of speech, right? Nope, wrong again! Administrators can choose what is and is not included in the school paper. See Hazelwood School District v. Kuhlmeier

If you have a problem with the moderators, the appropriate avenue would be to discuss your concerns with them via private message or stop participating on the website. Your freedom of speech entitles you to purchase your own domain and start up your own website where you can say (almost) anything you'd like!

Disclaimer: my post was written from the perspective of a US citizen as the website is not a uk site (.co.uk).

30 M - Eastern US

Kinks - Bondage, Orgasm Control, Light CBT, and Chastity

Limits - Piss, Scat, Blood, Crossdressing, Messy, Illegal/Public, Permanent

Toys - Plug, Chastity cage, Bondage Rope, Clothespins

Last edited by SwitchKinkyM; 08-10-2016 at 12:14 PM.
The following user says Thank You to SwitchKinkyM for this post:
Old 08-10-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
TKMinimalist

Well, no because of everything stated above. Also because at least 50% of users here are faking their gender, pretending to be people they're not, and it'd probably cause a whole host of problems. The mod team is fine as is, and they're all great.

Also, you could've at least stated why you felt this should happen in your original post. Having a big clear out "because reasons" or just for the hell of it =/= a good decision.

Last edited by TKMinimalist; 08-10-2016 at 12:17 PM.
Old 08-10-2016, 01:38 PM   #9
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Everyone who posted in this thread is against replacing the current getDare Staff members and so am I. But none of you talked about updating the current rules of getDare. I, too, think that the current rules are outdated or not explained enough. I mean, there's a dozen of threads a day that get moved or deleted.

And have any of you read the getDare Forums Rules? And no, these are not the rules about what not to post. I think that the list of rules should be modified to a newer version and that it should be clear what the penalty is when you break the (specific) rules anyway.

Of course, this is all work and probably none of you want to do it. I would be happy to do it but I don't have the status and maybe others don't think that I'm fit to do it. Anyhow, after having some of the rules for a decade already, I opt for updating them.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
The following 3 users say Thank You to RiskyFlame for this post:
Old 08-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #10
sexualfeelings
Distinguished Member

Quote:

The wording of this post reminds me of a recently banned member, Jasont. He was going on about how his thread was closed and that it was a violation of freedom of speech. He even made a rant thread, to try to get support rom the other members.

I am not saying you are like him, but the way you worded the PS sounded similar to his posts. You could find the thread in the Trashcan section.

My opinion is that the staff is fine the ways it is, no cleaning needed.
Likes: Age play, rules, hypnosis, punishments, verbal humiliation, diapers, condescending language, being made to feel dumb, chastity, hidden public, predicaments, being made to prove im not a "big girl"
My Rules
Pm Dares
Old 08-10-2016, 02:03 PM   #11
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
But none of you talked about updating the current rules of getDare. I, too, think that the current rules are outdated or not explained enough.
That is true and you know what? I tend to agree with you. The forum rules, which we put together in 2009, could use a little makeover especially since some changes were made to the site and several sub-forums were added since.

However, that's not something one mod can do alone so it could not be expected to be done in one day should we revise and update them.

However, we are open to suggestion and discussion. But it has to be clear that there is a difference between "don't you think this or that could be changed, how about X or Y instead" and "the staff sucks and needs to go so I will make a silly poll about it".

We are much likely to listen and discuss with members who have ideas and a genuine desire to contribute rather than with confrontational and entitled attitudes.
Old 08-10-2016, 02:24 PM   #12
J.M.N
Getdare's Head Whore

[20:16:43] Jameser: ‹@J.M.N› don't worry you're definitely one of the lads here

[22:05:21] 1Pupil: Best moderator of getDare to me

One day when the light is glowing
I’ll be in my castle golden
But until the gates are open
I just wanna feel this moment

"Bdsm. That's were u get spanked!"

I love weiners and nuts.

"JMN is the one that most the tweenagers want to see in a kilt"
Old 08-10-2016, 03:41 PM   #13
TKMinimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.M.N View Post
Perfect. You win the thread.
Old 08-10-2016, 03:42 PM   #14
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

Quote:

First it is getDare -- lower case "g"

Sorry not seen your staff request aplication when asked.

What rules WOULD YOU personally want changing?

If the site was yours who WOULD YOU have as staff members?

Just curious. (Please answer without slagging people down though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
And have any of you read the getDare Forums Rules? And no, these are not the rules about what not to post. I think that the list of rules should be modified to a newer version and that it should be clear what the penalty is when you break the (specific) rules anyway.

First i agree that some rules MAY want looking over and penalty reviewed over time.

The Penalties
If you break a gD rule we have an infraction system. Every time a rule is broken a staff member gets the option of either warning (No infraction points) or issuing an infraction. Different rules are worth different infraction points with different lengths of time to be held on the users license.

Eg) if a user posts in the wrong furum a staff member may decide to just warn the person if its a first offense or a new person, however if having been warned they continue or it is an obvious rule breach eg posting m/s advert in story section they may get ...... Infraction points.

These points add up determinding the users penalty.

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3
Old 08-10-2016, 03:58 PM   #15
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
The Penalties
If you break a gD rule we have an infraction system. Every time a rule is broken a staff member gets the option of either warning (No infraction points) or issuing an infraction. Different rules are worth different infraction points with different lengths of time to be held on the users license.
Yes, I figured that there would be some sort of system. Else there's no clear communication between the gD Staff regarding the warnings members are given.

I just meant making penalties known to all members. Although, right now I am second guessing this because those who show interest in the rules almost never break them. So there's no point actually for them knowing the penalties because they don't break rules.

656,461 People voted. Lol, there aren't even that many members.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
Closed Thread