Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares > Dice Dares

Old 08-27-2014, 06:36 PM   #1
linearizationcannon
Account Banned

Default idea for a different type of dice dare

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but basically I think that getdare could have a lot of fun using a modified version of the basic dice system for Don't Rest Your Head

The way that the system intrinsically forces the players to make sacrifices and be self defeating sounds promising, and I'm sure that there'd be a lot of fun ways to make use of the idea of "pain tokens".

In a really quick summary:
  • players have 3 different types of dice, one type is good the other two are bad. The gamemaster sets challenges and represents them useing one type of dice known as pain dice.
  • The players roll the sum of all 3 types of their dice to try to beat the pain dice.
  • There are 4 results:
  • -pain dice win and make bad things of the gamemaster's choice happen and also give the gamemaster a pain token to be used on the players,
  • -good dice win and good things happen for the players,
  • - bad dice type 1 win and bad things of type 1 happen
  • -bad dice type 2 win and bad things of type 2 happen
  • Players can increase their bad dice but bad things happen if they get too many and increases are hard to get rid of

For a more detailed explanation, take a look at the dice mechanics here: http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Don't_Rest_Your_Head

People who flake or don't write detailed dare reports piss me off
linearizationcannon is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk