Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 04-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Default "TRUTH OR DARE ONLINE" Comments

Correct me if the history I tell here is wrong.

This website, getDare.com, started as a mild version of what it is now, with simple dares and truth-questions. For example, look at the 'TRUTH OR DARE ONLINE' tab in the head menu. There you can find rather mild dares and truth-questions. But when you want to leave a comment behind, you actually have to be 18+ years old.

Years ago, you didn't need to be 18+ years old to have yourself registered on getDare, because the contect of the website wasn't as inappropriate as it is right now for children/teens. So back then you could comment to the mild dares and truth-questions.

Now younger teens aren't able to leave a comment to the mild dares and truth-questions without registering themselves and risking a ban (linked to his/her IP).

Also, are there people (with the right age) that comment on those mild dares? I would guess they go to the threads on the forum for dares, because the variety is much bigger there.

So my point is: shouldn't children/teens be able to leave a comment behind without registering themselves?

Sure, they can register themselves and never look at the forum, but I don't think that is ever the case. When they have seen most of the dares and truth-questions, they may go to the forum without knowing that they aren't allowed there. It's not that younger people always search for the rules before posting and looking.

The staff of getDare probably already thought of this and made their decision. Still, I think for the younger people, commenting on those dares should be easier.

By the way, I have no idea if people actually want to comment on those dares and truth-questions. So if almost no one comments, then ignore this thread or say so.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote