Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 07-30-2017, 08:56 AM   #1
ben_sissy99
getDare Sweetheart

Post Slave/Master Section success stories?

Hi all ,

As some of you may now (yet many of you will not), I have been a member of the GetDare community for quite a while now-albeit with some hiatus periods. Recently I have been reading a lot of the master and slave ads in the relevant section, I'm not looking for anyone but I'm interested to see how people present themselves in their ads, and I enjoy reading the well-thought out ads. This got me thinking, and after reflecting back on my own experience posting within this section, I am wondering has anyone got any success stories of having found what they were looking for when posting within this section. Obviously I am very interested in online relationships and would like to know if any of these have succeeded for you (and if you could post your advert here for all to see, when better so we get a good idea of what sells). However I am also very curious as to whether any offline relations have blossomed because of GetDare?

I hope people are able to respond with wise words of wisdom and experience and that other people get on board with this and would like to hear of other people's experiences...

like to try: Diapers, age regression, humiliation

Limits:Full public/Family, friends, illegal, pain

PM DARES->http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=80191

ben_sissy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 02:29 PM   #2
RosyS

Hello!

I too have been a member of this website for quite a while. Like you, I took several breaks. When I started, I was looking for a dom, but I struggled to find someone. I usually responded to the well written ads, but some people were good and others not so much. I was not an easy sub by any means either. I was curious about everything, but I needed someone gentle to guide me into finding and trying new things. Before my current Master, I met some sweet people some who I thought were awesome, but we had a hard time talking because they were so far away and in far too different time zone. I also met way more that almost immediately wanted pictures and to skype and I wasn't comfortable doing that just yet. Between school and work, I only had odd hours to work with doms and many did not like that.

More than two years ago, I found an ad to which I responded. The dom took a while to respond, so I pushed it to the side. A few days later, I found another ad (the one for my current Master), and responded to him. He was nerdy and seemed sweet and sincere. Before he had a chance to respond, the other dom responded. By the time my Master responded, I was already talking with this other dom and I told him that I had to give him a fair chance first. My Master wasn't fond, but kept talking to me. I drew the line with the other dom when he gave me the ultimatum that either I started skyping and doing kinky stuff or end it. So I ended it. I hate having an ultimatum especially when it crosses what I feel comfortable with.

My Master was quite happy when I broke things off and started talking to me in a more dom-ish way. He was respectful of my shyness and my need to feel comfortable with skyping. Even to this day, he still laughs about the first time we skyped and how awkward it was. Within a few weeks, he was determined that he was going to visit me and make me his girlfriend. Initially, I was quite skeptical of both of these things and within 8 months of being together, he made those things come true. He lived in Arizona and I lived in California, so the close proximity made it easier for him to make those things come true. A few short months later, I was on a plane to visit him for the second time. For the next year or so, we continued these occasional visits and nightly skyping.

In May of this year, he officially moved out here and has been living here ever since. We now live only about 5 minutes away from each other and hopefully within a few months it will be only a few inches. He has told me numerous times that he will be proposing soon and as with all his previous promises, I have no doubt that this one too will come true.

Don't get me wrong, we still chat with other people and do tasks on here. In fact, he encourages me to talk to others because he feels that it is developing my sexuality and he thinks that it is great that I am meeting others within our lifestyle. Nonetheless, we love each other very much.
As a matter of fact, we are skyping as I type and in a few short minutes he will affirm my posting and in a few hours I may go over to his place to have a nice relaxing night.

I guess the take away message is that perseverance is needed if you are serious about finding someone. It will not be easy and in fact, I felt I had given up for good on numerous occasions. I am glad, however, that I kept searching and trying because otherwise I would not have the love of my life.

This was the ad that hooked me a few years ago.
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=199006

Proudfully and happily my Daddy's <3

RosyS is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to RosyS for this post:
Old 08-01-2017, 12:02 AM   #3
ben_sissy99
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosyS View Post
Hello!

I too have been a member of this website for quite a while. Like you, I took several breaks. When I started, I was looking for a dom, but I struggled to find someone. I usually responded to the well written ads, but some people were good and others not so much. I was not an easy sub by any means either. I was curious about everything, but I needed someone gentle to guide me into finding and trying new things. Before my current Master, I met some sweet people some who I thought were awesome, but we had a hard time talking because they were so far away and in far too different time zone. I also met way more that almost immediately wanted pictures and to skype and I wasn't comfortable doing that just yet. Between school and work, I only had odd hours to work with doms and many did not like that.

More than two years ago, I found an ad to which I responded. The dom took a while to respond, so I pushed it to the side. A few days later, I found another ad (the one for my current Master), and responded to him. He was nerdy and seemed sweet and sincere. Before he had a chance to respond, the other dom responded. By the time my Master responded, I was already talking with this other dom and I told him that I had to give him a fair chance first. My Master wasn't fond, but kept talking to me. I drew the line with the other dom when he gave me the ultimatum that either I started skyping and doing kinky stuff or end it. So I ended it. I hate having an ultimatum especially when it crosses what I feel comfortable with.

My Master was quite happy when I broke things off and started talking to me in a more dom-ish way. He was respectful of my shyness and my need to feel comfortable with skyping. Even to this day, he still laughs about the first time we skyped and how awkward it was. Within a few weeks, he was determined that he was going to visit me and make me his girlfriend. Initially, I was quite skeptical of both of these things and within 8 months of being together, he made those things come true. He lived in Arizona and I lived in California, so the close proximity made it easier for him to make those things come true. A few short months later, I was on a plane to visit him for the second time. For the next year or so, we continued these occasional visits and nightly skyping.

In May of this year, he officially moved out here and has been living here ever since. We now live only about 5 minutes away from each other and hopefully within a few months it will be only a few inches. He has told me numerous times that he will be proposing soon and as with all his previous promises, I have no doubt that this one too will come true.

Don't get me wrong, we still chat with other people and do tasks on here. In fact, he encourages me to talk to others because he feels that it is developing my sexuality and he thinks that it is great that I am meeting others within our lifestyle. Nonetheless, we love each other very much.
As a matter of fact, we are skyping as I type and in a few short minutes he will affirm my posting and in a few hours I may go over to his place to have a nice relaxing night.

I guess the take away message is that perseverance is needed if you are serious about finding someone. It will not be easy and in fact, I felt I had given up for good on numerous occasions. I am glad, however, that I kept searching and trying because otherwise I would not have the love of my life.

This was the ad that hooked me a few years ago.
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=199006
What a great story to read-so uplifting and on its own it has given me renewed confidence in the people of GetDare and it's system. I'm so happy that you got what you were looking for (and more) and that you two are so close to one another. I wish you both all the best for the future

like to try: Diapers, age regression, humiliation

Limits:Full public/Family, friends, illegal, pain

PM DARES->http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=80191

ben_sissy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #4
MasterCaz
getDare Sweetheart

Hey,
I've found two great subs via GD. But, in both cases, they contacted me via kik from my signature. The couple of times I've placed ads, I received no good responses.
I've had a lot of time wasters contact me via kik with either weird intros or people who were completely incompatible and didn't look at my signature at all. But, on balance, I've met more good people than bad.
My Daregiving likes/dislikes
MasterCaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #5
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

I received quite a few responses from my ad and had a couple really interesting candidates, but I actually met my Dom through chat rather than choose anyone that applied. Real time interaction was easier for me than digging through my inbox, and I think it was successful since we're still together over two years later and have met up four times and counting [including next week!].

I think the ad was helpful overall because it made me figure out what I liked and what I needed in my relationship, as well as gave my Dom a good reference point of what I would like during play. I don't think you can rely solely on advertisements though. I think you also need a mix of being active on different parts of the site [forums, chat, blogs] as well as creating quality posts. For Each candidate and my Dom, I asked around about them discreetly as well as read their profile and previous posts to see if they were consistent or if they were just on their best behavior while chatting with me. I saw a few people who mainly commented negative things on peoples ads that put me off as well as people whose idea of a realistic task wouldn't be compatible with my abilities and circumstances, so post history really helped me out.

There are plenty of lovely people on this site, but there's no one way to go about finding the perfect match. Though I must say, for me and likely many others, many of the relationships we'd consider successful started out as friendships first, kink later.

This was my ad, for reference:

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=221215

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 06:49 PM   #6
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

I have created several ads over the years. And also had several partners that I would call a success. I will share a few of those stories.

One
I do not have a copy of my original ad, but three years ago I posted one looking for a Dom. It was long and thorough and quiet detailed. I received many responses, but one of the first and the most intriguing was from Asslvr.

We soon became friends and then Dom/sub. After a few months we developed feelings for each other. At the one year mark, I moved across the country to live with him. Skip ahead 3 years and we are married (just got married in May this year!)

I would definitely consider this a success story!

Two
Although my husband and I are still kinky together, we are also open to playing with others, and thus I have created several ads in the past.

A couple we have posted together, seeking a joint sub, or third partner to add to our dynamic. Although we received a few responses from these ads, we never did find the right partner for us.

Here is one of those ads:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=268039

Three
I have had two subs on getDare. The first, I found in chat. He was wanting somebody to control his orgasms, I knew of him, we had been friendly in chat before, and I thought he was a great guy. I offered to discuss it further, and we did. We interacted for a few days before deciding what we wanted to do, and it just progressed from there. We were together for 3 months, but due to personal stress, I was not able to continue the relationships. We are, however, still very good friends.

The other sub that I have been in a relationship, I contacted after reading one of his blogs. He was discussing a few things that he was curious about trying, and I wanted to help. We talked for over a week and decided that we would give D/s a shot, for a short term thing. We were together for 6 months and then took a break. We are still great friends, and I currently control his orgasms and are contemplating it becoming more than that again. Either way, I know I have made a life long friend.

and lastly

Four
A few months ago, I decided that I wanted to look for a Dom. I used my old ad as a template and wrote a new one, updating what I was looking for. I wasn't expecting much due to my special circumstances, and due to lack of response last time. However, after a few days, I did receive a few good messages and I started to talk to one individual in depth.

I am not sure what the future holds, but currently we are just over a month of being together, and things are going well.

You can read that ad, here:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=310302

In conclusion

I always try to tell people not to give up! There is no surefire way find somebody. There is always going to be trial and error, and different ways to get the same conclusion, but you have to be persistent. You can't give up! Take breaks, sometimes they are needed for your sanity, but never give up. Always be open to the possibility, and it honestly does happen when you least expect it!

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote