Old 08-01-2017, 07:40 PM   #1
Lacram
Mystery Man

Default getDare Night Mode

getDare Night Mode

What was meant to be my very own "SFW" version of gD turned into a night mode halfway-through, something that has been requested several times. It's not perfect by any means and a work in progress, but it works and i'm quite happy with the outcome (see attachments). Be aware: This is not an official night mode made by depp or any other staff member.
Also, there are going to be some bugs and quirks and it might not look the same on every single browser - i've only tested it using Chrome.

How to install it

I will show you how to install it using Chrome, it should work the same with Firefox, though. The plugin's language is German since i couldn't figure out how to change it.
You will need a plugin called "Stylish" - Chrome - Firefox.

After you have installed it, a little symbol with a "S" on it will appear in the upper right corner of your screen, click it and a pop-up ... pops up.

Click the little three dots in the upper right corner of the pop-up and choose the first option presented to you.

Another window opens up and you're confronted with the menu shown above. Click on "import" and copy&paste following 'code' into the editor.
Make sure you copy all 382 lines, then click on "overwrite style" in the lower right corner.

Link to the code (Pastebin)

Enter a name and hit "save", the box saying "active" has to be checked. You're done, open up getDare.

Questions? Problems? Feedback?

If you are having trouble installing it, post in this thread and i or someone else will try to help you. Let me know whether or not you like it and where improvements are needed, i'll be more than glad to change stuff if the demand is there. Is it too bright? Do you want the navigation banners to be colorful?
Please ignore how the getDare homepage looks, it's a WIP and a huge pain in the ass.

Last edited by Lacram; 04-28-2018 at 08:27 AM.
Lacram is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to Lacram for this post:
Old 08-02-2017, 09:22 AM   #2
depp
SysOp

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Old 08-03-2017, 03:26 PM   #3
Lacram
Mystery Man

A quick update:

The above way to install it is still valid, but i've fixed and added a few things. All 'important' sub-sites should be optimized now (including the homepage and the chat), the only missing ones i'm aware of are the archive, the "Submit A Truth Or Dare" and "About".

Link to the updated code

Last edited by Lacram; 08-03-2017 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-03-2017, 03:33 PM   #4
Lacram
Mystery Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks! Next stop: Official Night Mode made by depp?
Old 08-03-2017, 07:50 PM   #5
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacram View Post
Thanks! Next stop: Official Night Mode made by depp?
Who knows what the future holds...
Old 09-22-2017, 11:39 AM   #6
Lacram
Mystery Man

Default Update

I've updated the getDare Night Mode, here's what's new.

Enhanced forum descriptions

Never get lost again, the enhanced descriptions will guide you to your target location! They now tell you where to find which sub-forums. I've also realigned all descriptions for a cleaner look overall.

See for yourself: link to an example

Looking for a mod?

Finding a mod is now easier than ever before! Whenever a moderator is in chat, a prefix is displayed next to their name which indicates that they are a mod.

See for yourself: link to an example

Embrace your fetish for darkness

getDare is now even darker than before, use the Night Mode to do your eyes a favour!

Bugfixes and more

I've also fixed a couple things for a more enjoyable and consistent experience. Bright colors in chat are now less harsh on your eyes.

How to install it

Check the first post for a guide but use the following code instead!
This version works both for Chrome and FireFox, i didn't test any other browsers.
Link to the code: https://pastebin.com/raw/sJiXZZ7h

Last edited by Lacram; 09-22-2017 at 02:32 PM.