Old 05-31-2010, 11:14 AM   #31
MasterThx

Equality can be explained in several ways.
If you're saying the Master and the slave are equal, I wont agree because they're totally different.. Though for example the Master being black and the slave being white, together they will make a grey area where both have a good feeling of the relationship.

And like Leopard states, you have people in every situation that go too far with things. Be it vanilla, be it BDSM or be it Gorean.

I agree that TPE is easier when roleplaying than in the real world.. but doesn't that give Gorean roleplay extra credit? People can live their fantasy easier because of Gor.
I think that's a good thing.

Misusing or abusing happens also in all situations, not only in Gor.. at least it's easier to heal for the roleplayer since it wasn't real anyways. Another positive thing..

I've learned all about BDSM thanks to Gor and it helped me alot, not only in how to treat a slave but also to get good and bad experiences in the whole BDSM scene without hurting anyone in real.

For starters I think it's a great thing, but Anjelen is right in that, don't get too caught up cause there is a reality too

@Night-1991, the reason I reacted that way towards you is because I don't like generalizing people. Everyone is different and makes their own mistakes, in every world, Masters and slaves.
(and thanks for the kind words in my ad, really appreciate it)
MasterThx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:16 AM   #32
Night-1991
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterThx View Post
@Night-1991, the reason I reacted that way towards you is because I don't like generalizing people. Everyone is different and makes their own mistakes, in every world, Masters and slaves.
(and thanks for the kind words in my ad, really appreciate it)
That's true. I kinda misjudged you from the start aswell. And regards to your Ad, if i was a Female, i'd apply. That's how good it is.

I mean, my view on Gor is split, i'm interested by it but at the same time i'm kinda 50/50....since i'm a strong FemDom lover.

Last edited by Night-1991; 05-31-2010 at 11:19 AM.
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 01:30 PM   #33
Merlin
Misschievous's Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterThx View Post
Equality can be explained in several ways.
hmm that is why i prefer German to explain things ... we have different words for the 2 sorts of equal you talk about you talk about equal (gleich in German) and sure people are different and a master is different as a slave and a man than a woman and you than me but all of them are equal (ebenbürtig in german, word to word translation would be "born on the same level") in the way of having the same rights and the same right to be threaded with respect.
In the gorean fantasy world that is also the case but with the idea that women are born and want to serve (every one) that is nice for a fantasy but a problem in the reality, as the world is not like that and every person has the right to decide to serve or not and also the right to accept or deny the responsibility that comes with the dominant side.

That all said i never said gorean is bad or can not work i just say that people need to see it as roleplay nothing more and nothing less.

and to my examples in my last post ... just wanted to explain why people may see goreans as "bad", all the problems i said are sure also a problem in every form of relationship, not a gor problem!
Still gor seams to attract this specific kind of abusive persons more than other roleplay areas... but that is sure not the fault of the majority of the in no way abusive goreans
Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 05:10 PM   #34
Night-1991
Account Banned

But in the end. Like in BDSM, Gor can have its fair share of "abusive assholes". And what makes it good is that Masters/Mistress and Kajiru/Kajira of Gor frown upon them.

Each to their own. But abuse has no place in any lifestyle...Gor or BDSM.
Night-1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #35
SubMissChievous
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterThx
Gorean slavery is about total control exchange, and that is exactly the same kink of slaves outside of Gor too, being controlled. If you have a problem with people who want to kneel in front of a Master, you should think again about your decision between a vanilla and D/s relationship.
You're right that Gorean is about TPE (Total Power Exchange) but that's not exactly the same kink as some other types of dynamics. One of the main differences is The Natural Order and more specifically the natural oder of genders:

Quote:
The Gorean understands that a portion of that order is the natural dominance of the male over the natural submission of the female of his species.

Slavery, and the concept of men as Masters and women as absolute slaves, is in keeping with the order of nature... a man is not complete until a woman kneels at his feet, and that a woman is not complete until she kneels at the feet of her Master. Since fullness of our nature is paramount to our existence, then fullness of our sexual selves, our emotional selves, and of our physical selves would seem in keeping with nature’s mandates for us.
This is one of the fundamentals of the Gorean philosohy and the one I am questioning. The Natural Order, according to Gor, is that it is the role of a woman to serve a man. I don't buy that. If people chooses to live like this then it is this: a choice. Stating that males should be dominant and females submissive is just as one-dimensional and narrow-minded as saying that only heterosexuality is «natural» and that homosexuality is abnormal. I personally believe that there are many different types of orientations regardless of genders.

Quote:
If you're saying the Master and the slave are equal, I wont agree because they're totally different..
Oh... that's debatable... you're neither right or wrong here...

I am submissive by orientation and slave by choice. There are many reasons why I'm submissive but the simple fact I was born a girl isn't one of them. And since ultimately it's my decision to be a slave doesn't it make me equal? Heck... even if I'm submissive I could very well decide not to submit, doesn't it make me even more equal?

If we are talking about roles within a relationship I agree with you. However, if you mean that Dominants are inherently superior to submissives in general then I beg to differ. These are orientations, nothing more, nothing less. But even within a relationship the submissive always has the power and abillity to end the relationship so even in that context this inequality is not as great as it seems since the sub chooses to submit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopard
My problem with this is that you could just as easily say that there are abusive mysoginistic BDSM Masters out there. And there are. And there are abusive vanilla people, and...
Quote:
And like Leopard states, you have people in every situation that go too far with things. Be it vanilla, be it BDSM or be it Gorean.
Of course, there are, and I think that's one area that we all are aware of, understand and agree on And then again, there are great people in the vanilla world, BDSM and even Gor as well. The reason why the focus of some of the negative comments was towards Gor is because Gor's the topic of the thread

EDIT: Aww sorry Anjelen... seems like I'm now out of "... of Gor" links for you...

Last edited by SubMissChievous; 06-01-2010 at 07:02 PM.
SubMissChievous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #36
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

... What, no Vanilla-butterscotch Cookies of Gor? I am dismayed. Also i am bound to come back to this topic when it's not four thirty in the morning.

[Chloe Edit: Well.. I could always try to write one... how does "getDare Mods' Edits of Gor" sounds to you? xD ]

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --

Last edited by SubMissChievous; 06-01-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: because!
Anjelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 05:09 AM   #37
Anjelen
Account Banned

Send a message via MSN to Anjelen Send a message via Yahoo to Anjelen

Hahaha. Forum-Moderators of Gor.

Quote:
My slave begged me for entry; i saw it in the login logs -
- Login : KajiraProned
- Password accepted : PleaseSirLetMeEnter?

I allowed her to login and it was good, for i am her Master. She knows my will, by natural decree, is law. She came unto me wearing the black-and-white silk of the Binary servant and i bade her dance; as her silks left her body, her fingers flicked and jumped across the keyboard that is our Bed. My bed. For i am her Master, she is my Kajira slave - and i own her, like my bed, wich i hold Dominion of. Here in the realm of My Mother's Basement, my Homestone stands, proud and honorable.

* How to not be a Dumbinant *
* Here's your chance to ask me anything! *

"It's better to try and fail than to fail to try."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-- Nunc Intellego --
Anjelen is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk