Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

View Poll Results: Do you honestly carry out all the dares assigned if you know proof is not required?
I always do the dares I get 62 27.56%
I mostly do the dares I get 129 57.33%
I sometimes do the dares I get 32 14.22%
I never do the dares I get 2 0.89%
Voters: 225. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-25-2016, 02:03 PM   #1
nina@
getDare Succubus

Default Dare to be honest?

As a lurker I have noticed that a lot of posts with dares, tasks and punishments include for example hundreds and thousands of edges, push-ups, strokes, very long denial periods and many other things that sometimes seem a bit unrealistic to me and makes me wonder whether all these enthusiasts who always want the dares to get harsher and harsher also do them in reality.

Now I agree this is subjective and what may seem impossible to me might be totally doable by somebody else and respect that. I am just curious to know that if proof is not required by the task giver then how many people honestly do the whole task and I have created a poll for the same.

Just to be clear I am not saying that proof should be required because again to give or get proof is a matter of personal choice and discretion and may also depend on level of trust but just trying to figure out what a majority of the members here do. The poll is anonymous so that the votes are not biased. Also feel free to give your opinions on this matter.
nina@ is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to nina@ for this post:
Old 10-25-2016, 02:07 PM   #2
slave4myowner

for me i always do my tesk but if i fail i just tell the truth to the person who give me the tesk

It is an honour to be denied by the Ladies of GetDare

29 / M / SWITCH
Likes: cum control ,toilet control ,corner time , humiliation,spanking ,clothespins,bondage
dislike : cum eating
Limits : public ,family,face,ass play,lines,Sleep Deperived
,cum or stocking
slave4myowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 02:14 PM   #3
Sagarkoe
getDare Sweetheart

I try to do All the dares i get but i wont do anything that is Just stupid nor super Long dares. I also tend to forget some dares i get.... Im Always honest in my Reports though.
Sagarkoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 10:36 PM   #4
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

If I ask for a dare and I vow to do the dares I get I always do them and I always report on them. But sometimes I ask only suggestions and then I only do the dares I like to do.

Also: I used to play in the person above threads in the past. I no longer do this because most of the dares given there are just stupid, unrealistic and pointless and this is because most people only give a dare to get it over with because they want to receive dares, not give them. So I almost never did the dares I got there and I stopped playing those threads altogether.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 06:57 AM   #5
Sagarkoe
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaroface View Post
If I ask for a dare and I vow to do the dares I get I always do them and I always report on them. But sometimes I ask only suggestions and then I only do the dares I like to do.

Also: I used to play in the person above threads in the past. I no longer do this because most of the dares given there are just stupid, unrealistic and pointless and this is because most people only give a dare to get it over with because they want to receive dares, not give them. So I almost never did the dares I got there and I stopped playing those threads altogether.
I feel exactly the Same about that, First i thought it was like the best place to get fun dares but everyone there only Does it because they want a dare for their own, which is sad. But i'll be honest and i mostly did the Same, i havent posted something there for quite some time now though, dont really see the fun of that anymore.
Sagarkoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 11:45 AM   #6
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

I do most because of 2 reasons:

1: I don't ask for them often unless AM and I feel like posting threads for others to participate in with our play and he then approves, modifies or flat out refuses some he doesn't want me to do.

2: I will also refuse if it is idiotic or crosses limits, etc.
Get a rule from me here.

NOTlooking for a dom/sub or to play a game, exchange dares, pictures etc!
IceMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 09:18 AM   #7
nina@
getDare Succubus

I guess the problem of unrealistic dares applies more to random dares given in forum threads and games than committed Dom-sub relationships.

Its a cycle, if the dare givers give more realistic, thoughtful and customized dares, more dare takers will enthusiastically do them and if the dare takers give some form of acknowledgement (does not have to be proof, can be a pm giving feedback), it will encourage more dare givers to put in time and effort to give better dares.

After all it is the human interaction in giving and taking dares that promotes people to join these communities and if that is missing, one may substitute dare givers or dare takers with a software.. lol
Old 10-27-2016, 01:48 PM   #8
CSasha
Oracle

I have build a safety net into my PM dares just to be safe, but I have never used them though. For me the excitement lies right within doing them without chosing. I had my choice when I put them up and any time I don't take them down or off, which is always an option. But when someone uses them, I have to do them. That's the whole point, and it satisfies me. The thought alone that I perform them for someone else encourages and drives me to get through with them. Though I have to admit it also helps to have the experience not to exaggerate the PM dares when writing them. It's easier to stick true to the easy ones. I can increase them anytime later, once I made my experiences.

Just today I reduced my gag PM dare and replaced them. But I still carried out an old request with the old time, when it was longer.

Also I keep a list of the PM dares I have queued or completed so far. I think it tremendously helps to get PM dares and play partners at all, when I show that I do them, and also when I reply with a detailed report how I did them and what they made me feel.

On the other hand I don't dare myself into the Person above and other plenty of threads. I mostly use PM dares. When I give dares, even creative ones, it helps a lot to know the Likes/Dislikes/Limits of the receiver, even more if they have a PM dare list, and more by repeated play and feedback. There's so much detail missing in even the most detailed texts.

Looking for some kinky roulette?

My Likes and Limits short list

My pronouns are it/its

If you spam me disrespecting my profile, or grammar, or spelling, or asking for play or relationship without previous context, punch your genitals 20 times as hard as you can.

Last edited by CSasha; 10-27-2016 at 01:52 PM.
CSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 02:31 PM   #9
ntni11

If I say I will do a dare then I will do it and if I fail to do it then I would just say so. I just straight up tell someone if the dare is unrealistic or unsafe or whatever beforehand. I haven't had many of these but i don't really get involved in the person above threads and what not so it might be more of an issue there.
I actually had a dare from Triangle for losing on the boys v girls game and it was big but it was supposed to be for 5 of us but a couple of the guys never did any of it. I got lucky because I was off work and literally spent all day from when I got up doing as much of it as I possibly could just going back and forth until we got it complete but on a normal day that would never have been done that's why i do my best to avoid getting in those games when i think we are going to lose now lol

Likes and Limits

PM Dares
ntni11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 04:37 PM   #10
nina@
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
I have build a safety net into my PM dares just to be safe, but I have never used them though. For me the excitement lies right within doing them without chosing. I had my choice when I put them up and any time I don't take them down or off, which is always an option. But when someone uses them, I have to do them. That's the whole point, and it satisfies me. The thought alone that I perform them for someone else encourages and drives me to get through with them. Though I have to admit it also helps to have the experience not to exaggerate the PM dares when writing them. It's easier to stick true to the easy ones. I can increase them anytime later, once I made my experiences.

Just today I reduced my gag PM dare and replaced them. But I still carried out an old request with the old time, when it was longer.

Also I keep a list of the PM dares I have queued or completed so far. I think it tremendously helps to get PM dares and play partners at all, when I show that I do them, and also when I reply with a detailed report how I did them and what they made me feel.

On the other hand I don't dare myself into the Person above and other plenty of threads. I mostly use PM dares. When I give dares, even creative ones, it helps a lot to know the Likes/Dislikes/Limits of the receiver, even more if they have a PM dare list, and more by repeated play and feedback. There's so much detail missing in even the most detailed texts.
I guess mentioning likes/dislikes/limits and PM dares definitely helps the dare giver to know more and give better and customized dares in forum games and if it is not mentioned then there is no harm in asking the same to the dare-taker via pm and if they don't bother to answer it, they probably aren't going to do the dare either, so why bother..lol.

And an honest feedback not only gives the dare giver the satisfaction that their dares were executed but also encourages them to give better and more dares the next time.

Last edited by nina@; 10-27-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:11 PM   #11
yellowtop
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by nina@ View Post
I guess the problem of unrealistic dares applies more to random dares given in forum threads and games than committed Dom-sub relationships.

Its a cycle, if the dare givers give more realistic, thoughtful and customized dares, more dare takers will enthusiastically do them and if the dare takers give some form of acknowledgement (does not have to be proof, can be a pm giving feedback), it will encourage more dare givers to put in time and effort to give better dares.

After all it is the human interaction in giving and taking dares that promotes people to join these communities and if that is missing, one may substitute dare givers or dare takers with a software.. lol

I think your credibility as a dom/me on this board comes from having subs doing your dares and reporting on them credibly. That means you have
to set realistic dares, mostly to people who you have a reasonable expectation will do them.

Your credibility as a sub comes from doing the dares and writing a full report for the dom/me.

I think the credible players on both sides can to some extent find each other and build some sort of relationship.....after a time, you know who the believable people are.
Old 10-28-2016, 01:18 PM   #12
yellowtop
getDare Sweetheart

.....and to elaborate on the poll question, I try to do all the tasks I get,
but sometimes I have more than I can handle and put them off for
later........which sometimes never comes, or at least not yet........
Old 10-30-2016, 05:41 AM   #13
nina@
getDare Succubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowtop View Post
I think your credibility as a dom/me on this board comes from having subs doing your dares and reporting on them credibly. That means you have
to set realistic dares, mostly to people who you have a reasonable expectation will do them.

Your credibility as a sub comes from doing the dares and writing a full report for the dom/me.

I think the credible players on both sides can to some extent find each other and build some sort of relationship.....after a time, you know who the believable people are.
That definitely shows how credible a Dom or a sub is. And posting credibly in the forums also adds to their reputation and leads to them getting more credible responses in return while looking for someone.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:37 PM   #14
Kytten

I have always done my dares as so far non have been unreasonable however if I ever get given a dare that crosses the line with my limits or is unreasonable I probably would end up passing on it just saying...
Likes Bondage,ice,toys,humiliation,mild pain,anal,loss control4bathroom use,cumming or senses.Naked tasks cleaning semi public display, on a hiking trail or cleaning with blinds open. Use of duct tape, wearing urine etc..spankings pm me if you wanna know more.

limits and boundaries, harsh pain, having to eat or drink anything that is waste in any form. I wont add pictures and no family or illegal acts either sorry.
SORRY I DONT USE KIK OR ANY SIMULAR.
Kytten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:16 AM   #15
Iodine
getDare Succubus

I attempt to but if its obvious the person who gave it doesn't really care if I do it or not and I dont particularly enjoy the task itself, its kinda hard to find the motivation sometimes and I just say screw it. Its not really too much of a problem outside of the person above threads which I dont participate in anymore.

If its a unreasonable dare I usually just say im not doing it.

Take control of what you have power over instead of craving control over what you don't.

Mysterious hyperlink!

Last edited by Iodine; 10-31-2016 at 05:21 AM.
Iodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk