Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 10-12-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Information How to spot a fake user

Always there are a few people who complain about users who pretend to be a girl on getDare. But in a kinky sense, shouldn't boys who get turned on by pretending to be a girl online allowed? You can call it their kink or turn on. Well... regardless of the answer, I figured people should know how to spot a fake user. Therefore, I made a short list of the most frequently used ways to spot a fake user.

Disclaimer: the signs below can only be used on accounts registered as the female gender. Furthermore, don't start (publically) accusing users because these signs are solely meant for you to avoid users of your choice, not to harass them or call them out. This usually doesn't end well for the one who blatantly starts calling people things.

Note: be aware that one sign doesn't make anyone suspicious. Otherwise, anyone can be associated with some of these signs. Even killer signs should be combined with other signs. It's about the combinations of several signs (depending on value) that might make someone suspicious or not. And even if so, chances are they are actually a female rather than what you thought them to be.
  • Red signs:
    • Posting a men-only like such as CBT when requesting a dare (happens mostly by accident).
    • Posting pictures of themselves including their face anywhere on getDare (albums/posts/...)
    • The username includes the fore- and surname of the person.
  • Signs:
    • Having a girl as their avatar, especially one in which the face of the girl is included.
    • An almost completely filled out profile right after joining.
    • Having multiple threads within a short timespan right after joining (especially to request dares).
    • Having a username with an obvious girls name in it, especially in combination with a number.
    • Describing unrealistic situations. (to debunk: use common sense and logic)
    • Expecting pictures and videos but refusing to prove who they say they are.
    • Prefering Kik, e-mail or any messenger over getDare.
    • Posting a thread titled "something age/f" to ask for dares. (example: Dares requested 19/f)
    • Knowing their way around getDare pretty well even though they are "new".
  • Minor signs:
    • Giving excuses about why they can't send any pictures rather than just saying no.
    • Having likes that are usually associated with sissies: diapers, humiliation, girls clothing, etc.
    • Having unusual expensive toys. (e.g. sybian)
    • First threads are an AMA thread and one to request dares.
    • Having made friends within a short timespan right after joining.
    • Being very clear on no pictures and videos (posted separately instead of in their limits).
  • Double checks:
    • Use reverse image search on Google to find if the suspicious user is using pictures that already has been posted online once in the past.
    • When a messenger username looks suspicious, do an online check.
      1. Look up the username on Google by placing the username in between quotation marks: "username"
      2. If too many results are coming up on Google, restrict your search by typing the following terms... site: getdare.com "username"
      3. To further restrict the results, use getDare's search engine and place the username in between asterisks: *username*
    • Frequently take a look at the ban list to see what kind of users get banned. Sometimes there are (obvious) patterns.
Disclaimer 2: I use these signs myself and just listed and ranked them for you. When I take a closer look at an account because a combination of the signs above (enough to take a closer look), about 2 out of the 3 times my suspicions were on the spot. Not necessarily only fake profiles but sometimes multiple account users or findoms as well. So these signs may or may not work for you, but they do for me.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—

Last edited by RiskyFlame; 12-09-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: flag to sign
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 12 users say Thank You to RiskyFlame for this post:
Old 10-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #2
Blue Fox
getDare Devil

Google has a Reverse Image Search feature? Neat! Had no clue. lol

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=94638
Blue Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:22 PM   #3
gamerdom

Wait wait wait... Hold on a Mod on Getdare actually supporting the idea of pictures? This is blasphemy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze'Rehan View Post
Google has a Reverse Image Search feature? Neat! Had no clue. lol
Its not actually a reverse image search more an image search in general, but yes there is an image search on Google.
Old 10-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #4
TheoDares
Account Banned

Nice guide, very centered towards Males pretending to be girls. Could a guide to Underaged users be next? I mean, there's several huge signs etc...

... Asking for dares to do at school
... Frequent SPAG mistakes etc

19/M/Owned Switch
If you really want a dare from me,
check out my Dare Factory!

Likes: Pet Play, BDSM, Mild Pain, Humiliation, Age Play, Degrading, Contests, Spankings
Dislikes: Line Writing, Messy, Long Dares, Toothpaste, Edging, Hypno
Limits: Family, Extremely Messy, Shit, Needles

"PM me 'FACEBOOK', and if I get ten of these a day - I will send whoever sent me the 10th PM the link to my facebook account"
TheoDares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:01 PM   #5
Blue Fox
getDare Devil

What's SPAG? Never heard this term before. O.o I want to say "Spelling, Punctuation, and Grammar" but that isn't likely as I see that as an issue amongst way too many adults as well.

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=94638
Blue Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:03 PM   #6
TheoDares
Account Banned

You are correct. Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar. While I agree that most adults struggle with this, (which is why I tend to go into challenges with people who can spell), it is usually a give away that they're young - not always I know.

19/M/Owned Switch
If you really want a dare from me,
check out my Dare Factory!

Likes: Pet Play, BDSM, Mild Pain, Humiliation, Age Play, Degrading, Contests, Spankings
Dislikes: Line Writing, Messy, Long Dares, Toothpaste, Edging, Hypno
Limits: Family, Extremely Messy, Shit, Needles

"PM me 'FACEBOOK', and if I get ten of these a day - I will send whoever sent me the 10th PM the link to my facebook account"
TheoDares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:48 PM   #7
mildura man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDares View Post
Nice guide, very centered towards Males pretending to be girls. Could a guide to Underaged users be next? I mean, there's several huge signs etc...

... Asking for dares to do at school
... Frequent SPAG mistakes etc
I agree there should be a underage one done.
Old 10-16-2017, 02:44 PM   #8
Jah Brother
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
[*]Prefering Kik, e-mail or any messenger over getDare.
Doesn't everyone if you really want to chat?
Jah Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #9
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jah Brother View Post
Quote:
[*]Prefering Kik, e-mail or any messenger over getDare.
Doesn't everyone if you really want to chat?
I might not have phrased the flag so well. What I meant is a user who posts that you should only contact them through something other than getDare. Fake users seem to do this because they don't want to bother creating a new messenger account when caught each time or they want to keep the old contacts and conversations.

But you are right. Yes, you move to something easier than private messages when you want live conversations. And so quite a few users post this kind of contact redirections right from the start. Nonetheless, that flag contributes to the profile of a fake user. Besides, none of the flags should be taken and used individually.

—Hans Axgil—
Old 10-16-2017, 07:05 PM   #10
Rabecca

While for quite obvious reasons I don't agree with 'every' one of these flags i do think that this is a very helpful post for people who may want to avoid such situations I also agree on an underage one to be made, i don't want to help any kid break the rules here after all

Limits likes and what not http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=78200

The rules I am doing from my thread---> http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=78206

Toys --> http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=77350

Apparently My Purity Score is 56.4

Find me on IMVU : The White Flame Rabecca

Rabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:13 PM   #11
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Although I agree with a few of these points, I think a lot of these points either point at the REAL girls, or at users who may have created a new account for other legitimate reasons.

I think the risk here is that the amount of REAL girls is proportionally small on getDare to begin with, and when people are trying to "find the fake users" the they are going to start accusing the real females of being fakes right from the first message, and I think that is a problem.

I also don't think that just because somebody has created a new account, it makes them a liar, cheat, or a "fake user". Even I have created a new account and started over.

*Posting pictures of themselves including their face anywhere on getDare (albums/posts/...) - Although this is not something that isn't super common, I find that it can also be an indication of somebody being new and naive and not realizing this is a bad idea.
*Having a girl as their avatar, especially one in which the face of the girl is included. Sissy's, Females, Transgender users, as well as men who like females may choose to use an avatar that includes a girl.
*An almost completely filled out profile right after joining. This could be due to a couple things. One is that they may have been a member previously and are starting over, they may come from sites such as fetlife where they have learned that it is a good idea to fill out their profile, or maybe they know somebody else on getDare (or read some information before joining) and have been told that it is a good idea. They may also have lurked for months or years before joining.
*Having multiple threads within a short timespan right after joining (especially to request dares).Again, these people may have just been lurking for a long time and decided they want to jump in and participate and therefore created an account.
*Having a username with an obvious girls name in it, especially in combination with a number. Again, transgender, sissy's or actual females may also have these names.
*Prefering Kik, e-mail or any messenger over getDare. This is very common between a lot of users as the chat room and private message function is not great on mobile
*Knowing their way around getDare pretty well even though they are "new".Same logic as above.
*Having likes that are usually associated with sissies: diapers, humiliation, girls clothing, etc. A lot of people legitimately like these things.
*First threads are an AMA thread and one to request dares. Same logic as above.
*Having made friends within a short timespan right after joining. Same logic as above
*Being very clear on no pictures and videos (posted separately instead of in their limits). There are a LOT of real females and other users who will not do photos. Sometimes having it listed in your limits is not enough, as a lot of people ask for these things within a few messages.
Including this separately in a blog, or a signature is not uncommon.

I just caution people to take these flags under serious consideration before using them to act out against somebody.

Do protect yourself while online, but be careful not to be so jaded that you miss on opportunities to meet new people because you are accusing them of being fake before getting to know them.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 3 users say Thank You to Butterfly for this post:
Old 10-16-2017, 10:17 PM   #12
amethyst353
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
[*]Red flags:
  • Having a username with an obvious girls name in it, especially in combination with a number.
I feel targeted .

loves: humiliation, gags, bodywriting, bondage, games
limits: pics with face, messing with sleep, public, heavy blackmail, videos, permanent, scat, extreme pain Note: I transitioned years ago - wearing women's clothes isn't a dare. If you give me a sissy-themed dare, I will ignore you.

Full likes/limits | Toys/Items I Own | PM Dares (friends only for a bit) | My current rules
amethyst353 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:03 AM   #13
KinkyMelanie

Your list of flags - no matter how useful they are actually (I think they aren't) - is also a list of things to watch out for if somebody wants to pretend to be woman. If you state that avatar pictures of women should raise a flag then they will change their avatars to photos of cute kittens. You get the idea...

I don't care what gender a person is, I'm here for fun, sharing erotic thoughts and to get inspired. This is not primarily a dating website, is it? There are communities with real-life verification done by volunteers who meet the users face-to-face, if you want to have that. I know a BDSM community where this works great (not English speaking, though).
Limits: pics (for now), public, pee, anal, food wasting, kik, skype etc.

PM Dares
KinkyMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 03:27 AM   #14
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinkyMelanie View Post
Your list of flags - no matter how useful they are actually (I think they aren't) - is also a list of things to watch out for if somebody wants to pretend to be woman. If you state that avatar pictures of women should raise a flag then they will change their avatars to photos of cute kittens. You get the idea...

I don't care what gender a person is, I'm here for fun, sharing erotic thoughts and to get inspired. This is not primarily a dating website, is it? There are communities with real-life verification done by volunteers who meet the users face-to-face, if you want to have that. I know a BDSM community where this works great (not English speaking, though).
I had the idea to post this for months now, probably since the start of this year. The only reason why I waited so long with posting this is that, as you said, those targetted by these flags can read them too and know how to avoid getting flagged. But I don't think that many of them will read this thread or care about it and so I took the chances. And don't mistake my opinion with the things that I post for others because I enjoy playing with either gender. It's just that some people don't and I post it for them.

And some people are interested in such a list as this one targetted at underage users. The reason why I may not post this is the same reason as why I waited with this thread for such a long time. Paedophiles and people who solicit minors to play with underage users are easier to spot the minors, which I don't want to happen.

—Hans Axgil—
The following 2 users say Thank You to RiskyFlame for this post:
Old 12-04-2017, 07:43 AM   #15
Doux et vivant
getDare Sweetheart

I don't agree with all of what you are saying but I can see why you say it and think that this can be useful if you are perhaps thinking of doing anything commitment based with someone, and you want to know who you are playing with.

Thank you for posting your thoughts on this Risky!

Want to join me in a BDSM related chat with amazing people? You can send a note and ask me about it.
Doux et vivant is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Doux et vivant for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk