Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 05-29-2018, 05:58 AM   #1
Heart
getDare Succubus

Default How Do You Define An Active getDare Member?

1. Does the member need to be a veteran member? If yes how long does it take to be considered a getDare veteran?

2. What if the member only takes part in one area of the site (forums, blogs, chat) ?

3. Does the member have to be well known?

4. Do you consider yourself to be an active member ?

5. Which getDare members do you believe are the most active?

6. If you had more free time, which area on getDare would you spend more time in?

In Relationship: With Someone Not on getDare
Sister of: CentralHigh2010

In Service to and in relationship with Just_Aiden always and forever <3
Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

1. Does the member need to be a veteran member? If yes how long does it take to be considered a getDare veteran?
I don't think that the person needs to be a veteran member to be considered active. There are a lot of veteran members, people who have been around since 2011 or later that I wouldn't consider active. I think being active really has a lot more to do with the time spent on the site and the amount of activity done rather than how long they have been a member. To be considered veteran, I think anything over 2 years maybe? On a site like this, where members create new accounts and ditch old ones, it is more rare to find somebody who has been around for 2+ years.

2. What if the member only takes part in one area of the site (forums, blogs, chat) ?
I think if the person is active in one part of the site, they would still be considered active. There is something for everybody around here and people can't be expected to like or take part in it all.

Not at all. Although I think if somebody is active they will be noticed, at least by others who are active in the same parts of the site as them. Even if it is just by name only.

I do. I am online most days, multiple times. I may not post in the forums all the time, but I am in chat and actively talking to people most days, and I do like to blog frequently.

This is a hard one because there are a lot. I think IHeartFun is one of the most active in chat. Others would be unidentified, littlemissslave, pariahterror, pain slut joe, IceMaiden, and a bunch of others I can't remember right now. In the forums there are people like andrew b or Marv Harvey. Then there are the bloggers like Jaro, Cassandra, thekidwithskills, etc.

6. If you had more free time, which area on getDare would you spend more time in?
I don't think I could spend any more time on getDare even if I had more free time lol. I guess I would be in chat permanently if I could, although I feel like I already am most days lol

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Last edited by Butterfly; 05-29-2018 at 08:21 AM.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 07:15 AM   #3
Butterfly's Prisoner
Account Banned

Of course the answer to this question is VERY arbitrary. However, I'm happy to share my view on it. While I'm obviously not a veteran member and not a very active one either, I believe my answers can be generalized to any internet community.

The answer to the first question is a glaring "no". A person could join the forum and start participating in different threads daily. A week or a month after they joined, they certainly wouldn't be a veteran, but no one could possibly say that they aren't active.

I believe that's still an active member. You may want to clearly define the areas of said person's activity, but I wouldn't say that you need to be on most or all areas of a community to be considered active. For instance, I'm sure that there's lots of people here who haven't ever used the chat.

I don't think so. Keep in mind that according to my definition, there's no much of a requirement of how much time they'd need to have spent as a registered user, provided that they are actually participating in the community. And on top of that, some members may only participate in some niche threads, which may make them unknown to the majority. For instance, I'm sure there are users who (almost) exclusively participate in, let's say, diaper threads and yet they're posting almost every day.

No. At most, I am an inactive member with very brief and sparse spikes of activity.

That's an extremely arbitrary question and I can't provide a thorough answer, but off the top of my mind I would mention Butterfly, Jaro and andrew_b.

The Person Above Truth or Dare forum, or the Dare section. I'm here for the dares.

Likes: anal, toothpaste, enemas, feet, edging, creative dares, trying out new stuff.
Dislikes/punishments: pee drinking, heavy anal, pain, long dares.
Limits: scat eating, public, friends/family/work, needles, extreme pain, blood play, face pictures, crossdressing.
Butterfly's Prisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Butterfly's Prisoner for this post:
Old 06-02-2018, 07:44 PM   #4
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartFun View Post
No, not all veteran members are active. 2 years, the site it is rare for people to stay a long time.
2. What if the member only takes part in one area of the site (forums, blogs, chat) ?That is fine, active doesn't mean everywhere.

3. Does the member have to be well known?At least in one area from people who frequent that area.

4. Do you consider yourself to be an active member ?No, I take a lot of breaks from getDare and sometimes disappear for a long while.

5. Which getDare members do you believe are the most active?Jaro, Butterfly, IceMaiden and sometimes AbusiveMaster

Stories. Or the blog section and maybe chat.

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:45 PM   #5
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

Not necessarily. A newer member can be more active than a long time one.

They can still be very active in that part so yes, could still be an active member.

Members who are active usually are well known as well.

Yes

The ones I see the most blogging or posting or in chat. Miss Butterfly, Miss Icey, Cassandra, CStelle, andrew_b, Matt, lola.fox (although she seems to take breaks), nina@, Sam~, you.

That doesn't really apply. I have plenty of free time.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:28 AM   #6
Wolf007
Account Banned

[QUOTE=IHeartFun;3298679]1. Does the member need to be a veteran member? If yes how long does it take to be considered a getDare veteran?

Certainly not. The amount of activity depends on the time someone spends to make quality posts or conversations.
To be a "veteran" I'd say...a minimum of that much and no less!

You're saying there's more then one area here?!
Well, ofcourse, even in that case they can be considered active. But they'll only be noticed as such by members who often hang out in the same area.

That's a really relative question because one can be well known in a certain area while no one ever heard of him/her in another.

So no. What? No.

That's a very interesting matter of several complex though patterns. I'd say: inconclusive.

That would be the members who's names i see popping up the most:
There's you...and the other...and...yeah.

Nah, obviously i do know the names of people who are really active here. But on the other hand, i don't want to risk forgetting someone who puts in lots of effort too.

The lounge games obviously!
Also the thruth section and blogs (yes i do read blogs)

________________;-)__________________

Bye folks! And thanks for your cooperation!

End of transmission - Wolf out

Wolf007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

Active is about activity level and may be quite current, but more related to posts per week maybe? A veteran may be up and down from active to inactive.
Not necessarily veteran: ?? more than 2 years, or more than 1 year + 3-400 posts and a few threads started??

May still be quite active there, and a major contributor. That's fine. I am sure that many very active members don't go near some of the forums.

Is going to be "well known" i.e. highly visible in the areas they participate a lot. Need not be well known all over, and indeed might not be well known at all if they are quiet posters and add little with their posts.

AND: What kind of well known? Many posts that are interesting and read, maybe good blogs, etc.? Or has an AMA and maybe a thread or two involving them, lots of other info about them is out there? They are people we know a lot about . . . a different kind of well known than a heavy poster.

Overall I guess I do. Activity level is down a bit now and mostly writing some stories. But that can change depending on my work and schedule and etc. and I will be doing more at some point in the future.

That I see: Jaro, Matt:, Cassandra, Butterfly, IceMaiden, Matt: (he's really active!, Sam~, Switch Lucy, Jaro (he's really active), Lola.fox, Ice Maiden, IHeartFun, Butterfly (really really active!), Chephren, nina@, and so on and on. They and many others are in the places I go. I am sure there are many other people I don't see so much.

No idea. TORD maybe. There is always someone to give a challenge to. Maybe Bets and Games. I like puzzles and stuff. Would depend on .... many things.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 11:26 AM   #8
Siren
getDare Succubus

I would probably consider anyone who has been on the site for longer than about three years to be a gD veteran, but no, I don't think you need to be a veteran member to be classed as active.

2. What if the member only takes part in one area of the site (forums, blogs, chat)?
That doesn't factor into it for me. They're all part of the site.

Nope. To me being active is just about whether you post, blog or go into chat frequently.

4. Do you consider yourself to be an active member?
I go through periods of being active, periods of lurking and periods of avoiding gD altogether.

I'm not really around enough at the moment to know.

Maybe the chat.

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more

Last edited by Siren; 06-12-2018 at 11:29 AM.
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk