Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares

Old 01-16-2018, 01:22 PM   #1
Zenitech

Swatch Daily Task Generator

Hello everybody,

You may already know my good old spanking generator. Today I've decided to sketch a new generator that has the same kind of idea, but is focused on a wider range of simple tasks.

My idea was to get a short list of simple tasks in the morning I would do during the day. But of course you can use the generator anytime to get a short list of simple tasks to do.

In order to use the generator, go to this page (again, hosted on jsfiddle.net).

There you can select or unselect the different tasks you may roll, and decide the range of numbers you can get for this task. Of course, make sure you'll be able to do the maximum one.

The generator will then give you a list of tasks from the tasks you checked, along with either the number of times you need to do it, or the time during which you need to perform the task (depending on the kind of task).

I just started coding this today, and I think it's already useable, which is why I'm posting it already. Don't hesitate to give me ideas to improve it (including ideas of tasks). Anyway, I already have a few ideas of improvements of it. In the following quote (which is not a quote) I give you some information about the way it's designed and what I want to improve.

Quote:
Current features of the generator (some might need tweaking):
- There are 15 tasks (some male-only). The last task is a bit of a test (unchecked by default) and ask you to send PM dares to anyone on getDare. The idea is that if you have a PM dare list, you might get some in return...
- The chance to get a specific task you checked is 1 out of 2. There is no minimum or maximum of tasks currently, you could get 0 or all 15 tasks if you roll "2" every time.
- You can click a task to mark it complete, but there is no "saving" for now

Possibilities of improvement:
- Some tasks should be added
- The base ranges of numbers might need some tweaking
- There should be a way to save the settings so that you don't have to change them everytime if yours are very different from the base ones
- The progression towards the completion of a task could be better than done/not done, e.g. start a timer
- My goal overall: the generator saves automatically your settings and your tasks done. It rolls automatically on a new day and not having done a task the day before would include a penalty
Have fun with my generator!
Zenitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 10:51 AM   #2
[email protected]
Distinguished Member

You have a fine work started there.
Wishlist....
() I like the ranges. But some may need to be adjusted.
() () all units in minutes instead of hours for greater flexibility. The user can easily convert to minutes for input. You can print in days, minutes, hours if you wish.
() () add a granularity so the outcome is rounded up to an even common number.

PM me for algorithms for both.

() add a chance of. So the user can say give me a one in 7 chance of this assignment with a range of 3 to 6 hours. Easily done by changing the check box to a number. Perhaps a percent chance would be better than a 1 in x. 14% is close to 1/7.

() Add several "Task 1", "Task 2", "Task 3" all in minutes. The user can assign the real tasks to be done offline. This way you won't have to be adding 142 new tasks from many wellwishers.

() if the task is a do or no do (ex: call Mom) have the user provide zero for the max time.

Good show! !
Hard Limits: Fire, Breath play, Scat, Anal, Electric shock, Illegal, Immoral, Financial, Public, Identity, Friends, Family, Coworkers, Diet/Clothing restrictions
Expect: Detailed report writing
KIK: ChasteDoc

PM for clarifications
dave47630@yahoo.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:47 AM   #3
Zenitech

Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
() () all units in minutes instead of hours for greater flexibility. The user can easily convert to minutes for input. You can print in days, minutes, hours if you wish.
() () add a granularity so the outcome is rounded up to an even common number.
I personally like having weird numbers like 47 minutes, I think it represents well the randomness of the generator while not really having any impact.

I can change the hours into minutes if you find it confusing. Auto-converting the minutes into hours if > 60 minutes is also a good idea, I'll add this in my next update.

Quote:
() add a chance of. So the user can say give me a one in 7 chance of this assignment with a range of 3 to 6 hours. Easily done by changing the check box to a number. Perhaps a percent chance would be better than a 1 in x. 14% is close to 1/7.
That's a good idea. I'm probably implementing this in the next update.

Quote:
() Add several "Task 1", "Task 2", "Task 3" all in minutes. The user can assign the real tasks to be done offline. This way you won't have to be adding 142 new tasks from many wellwishers.
That's also a good idea, I could actually even add a button "add a task" that adds a form. And changing the unit is possible as well (imposing "minutes" in not necessary).

Thank you for your input. I'll improve this generator a little bit next week, but for now I'm quite busy.
Old 01-17-2018, 01:36 PM   #4
[email protected]
Distinguished Member

I was caught up in the aforementioned algorithm.
Quote:
Given minlo and minhi, both in minutes
Returning type (flaging for special cases)
Returning gran (the granularity in minutes)
Constant AtLeastThisManyBreaks =12
// allow for at least this many breaks
// related to the number of sides on die rolled
// use at least a "this many" sided die
Span = minhi-minlo
Gran=span / AtLeastThisManyBreaks
Do first case that is true then fall to Exit Do
Case span<0
Type=negative span
Case span =0
Type= no span
Case all others
Type = normal
Array is (1,5,10,15,20,30,60,120,
3×60,4×60,6×60,8×60,12×60,
1440,2×1440,3×1440,7×1440,
1×7×1440,2×7×1440,3×7×1440,
13×7×1440,infinity)
For I =0 through elements of array starting with the second
If gran<array(i) then
Gran=array(i+1)
Exit for
End if
Next
Exit Do
====
In use
First take care of the special cases of no span.
For normal
Time = minlo × random ×(minhi-minlo)
Round Time to the nearest gran,
Trim Time to minlo and minhi
It did not format in this posting very well. Sorry. I think you can appreciate it. It handles increments as large a 13 weeks.
You can play with the constant to get a balance between detailed and familiar.
Hard Limits: Fire, Breath play, Scat, Anal, Electric shock, Illegal, Immoral, Financial, Public, Identity, Friends, Family, Coworkers, Diet/Clothing restrictions
Expect: Detailed report writing
KIK: ChasteDoc

PM for clarifications
Old 01-17-2018, 01:43 PM   #5
[email protected]
Distinguished Member

And another wish...
Allow for a die count. You currently only support a uniform distribution (one fair die). The user may want to roll two or more dice.

You will want to limit the count. 7 to 10 ought to bring you close enough to a normal distribution.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
Zenitech

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I was caught up in the aforementioned algorithm.
(...)
Your algorithm seems very complicated for what it does. I could have seen an easier way to do that, but that's beyond the point. I'm not really sure what you're asking here. I will make sure to convert minutes into hours and so on, but other than that, are you telling me that reading "1 hour 08 minutes" is hard?

Quote:
And another wish...
Allow for a die count. You currently only support a a uniform distribution (one fair die). The user may want to roll two or more dice.

You will want to limit the count. 7 to 10 ought to bring you close enough to a normal distribution.
Yes, as I said in the "current features", it currently uses uniform distribution. I was discussing using a pseudo-normal distribution with 3 dice as I did in the Spanking Generator, but I decided not to, as I thought the wildness of the numbers you can get made the result more interesting (than basically receiving the same task or close most of the time).

I might add a setting, but I don't want the interface to become prohibitive. There are already a lot of inputs for this small thing, and we're only getting started. If I ever add it, I will never give the choice on the number of dice as I'd have to explain what it does, and it would clutter the interface.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:02 PM   #7
PlagueBringer
getDare Devil

I have a few suggestions of tasks to add:
-Cum-loads to swallow
-Ice Cubes to melt on sensitive genital area (clit/glans)
-Flicks to the sensitive genital area (clit/glans)
-How many times to pump your butt/vagina with a phallic object
-How many minutes to hold your pee

Just some suggestions that I might like to see, but only if you can make them work.

Dislikes: Pain, CBT, Minor Public, Wax Play, Long Dares, Minor Messy

Non-Negotiable Limits: Major Public, Eating Scat, Messy, Vomit
---
PM Dares and Supply List!

---
BAD BABY! If you see me curse in any of my posts or PMs you are obligated to give me a punishment! For each bad word I say in a post pointed out, I must change the post (if possible) and smack my balls 10 times.
PlagueBringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:55 AM   #8
Zenitech

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagueBringer View Post
I have a few suggestions of tasks to add:
-Cum-loads to swallow
-Ice Cubes to melt on sensitive genital area (clit/glans)
-Flicks to the sensitive genital area (clit/glans)
-How many times to pump your butt/vagina with a phallic object
-How many minutes to hold your pee

Just some suggestions that I might like to see, but only if you can make them work.
These seem to be some good idea, I might add them soon.

For the first one, I was thinking of doing something such as "you are denied until you've done your tasks", then when you've finished you ask for your final task. You might have to eat your cum, you might have to ruin your orgasm (this would replace the current "ruin" task), or maybe you're just denied anyways. What do you think?
Old 01-20-2018, 06:49 AM   #9
Zenitech

Update 1.1
I've just updated the task generator to version 1.1. This first update adds a significant amount of new tasks.

Full notes:
- Added a lot of tasks and changed some. There are now 30 of them.
- Categorized the tasks
- Added a "reroll with the same settings" button
- The rolled number now follow a normal-ish distribution. It means the value obtained will be more often close to the middle of the chosen range (e.g. if you have 5-15 edges, 10 will be more likely than 14).

Further updates & some notes:
- This update added some tasks for females, but as I won't do these tasks (of course) I'm not sure they are well balanced or formulated. If a female uses this generator, she shouldn't hesitate to tell me about any issue with such tasks
- I still take suggestions on new tasks/improvements of current tasks
- As the list become longer, the number of tasks you'll get will be longer as well, because of the way the generator selects the tasks. This will be improved in a following update.
- I will definitely find a way to save the settings so that you don't have to change them every time. (Soon enough.)
- I will probably add a mechanic that makes doing your tasks important (denial most likely).

Last edited by Zenitech; 01-20-2018 at 06:50 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-20-2018, 06:59 AM   #10
lucicle22
Distinguished Member

I have rolled a list and made note of it... I will complete it on Monday
dislikes - anal, watersports
limits - blood, scat, needles, blackmail, anything illegal or permanent
lucicle22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:40 AM   #11
PlagueBringer
getDare Devil

Aww I'm sorry to see Ruined Orgasms go, but it's looking good! Awesome update.

Dislikes: Pain, CBT, Minor Public, Wax Play, Long Dares, Minor Messy

Non-Negotiable Limits: Major Public, Eating Scat, Messy, Vomit
---
PM Dares and Supply List!

---
BAD BABY! If you see me curse in any of my posts or PMs you are obligated to give me a punishment! For each bad word I say in a post pointed out, I must change the post (if possible) and smack my balls 10 times.
PlagueBringer is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to PlagueBringer for this post:
Old 01-21-2018, 04:33 AM   #12
Princess Ashley

looks good. cant wait to see an update maybe to help ab's out haha.
only task i got so far female exclusive was breast spankings which was nice since my ass didnt get hit

add to my calendar make sure to use purple and leave your getdare name in the task so i can report to you. https://teamup.com/ksjyruutq4j4pq129r
read the info on the side bar

kik - princessashley0713
DO NOT ASK FOR PICS! in pm or here. not looking for subs nor beta males. dont kik or pm me for that.

Like wam? Come join the fun!
click the links above for more info

likes/limits see my webpage
website <--link

Princess Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 06:24 AM   #13
Zenitech

Thanks for your answers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlagueBringer View Post
Aww I'm sorry to see Ruined Orgasms go, but it's looking good! Awesome update.
I removed them because I thought they were less inline with the other tasks in that category (that keep you aroused) and in prevision of a future update (that might give that as a "final task"). But I can add them back temporarily if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Ashley View Post
looks good. cant wait to see an update maybe to help ab's out haha.
only task i got so far female exclusive was breast spankings which was nice since my ass didnt get hit
As I'm not at all into AB, I don't have an idea of which tasks would fit. If someone would PM me a valid task list on that subject, I may add them.

Thank you for your feedback.
Old 01-26-2018, 06:59 PM   #14
Subbylesbian

I would like to see more bondage options added. An option for having items inserted for a certain amount of time might be nice, especially if there was a way to randomize the item that would have to be inserted (household items, dildo, vibrator, etc)

likes: self bondage, masturbation, insertion(pussy), hypnosis
dislikes/punishments: ice, denial
Limits: scat, pee, anything potentially harmful to myself or others, pics, social suicide, incest, illegal, anal, public, messy, food, blackmail, furry

Accepting any hypno files

PM dares
Subbylesbian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 06:44 AM   #15
Xraytd75

It doesn’t work for mobile users... does anyone still use an actual computer? Lol

Likes: edging/orgasm control, clit suction, clit punishment, hot wax, bondage, sensory deprivation, semi-public, nipple clamps and punishment, spanking, bondage or mastrubation devices under clothing, outdoor dares, submission to mistress.

Dislikes: anal, messy, severe pain.

Limits: blood/needles, scat, illegal, social suicide, RT relationships, permanent marking, photos w/o permission.
Xraytd75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk