Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares

Old 06-29-2010, 06:45 PM   #16
Heckler86

So has anyone gotten kicked out of anywhere yet?

If you havent, I guess it is a re-dare...
Heckler86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #17
sontch

Well, now would be the time to do this dare.... I got kicked out of dick's sporting goods in columbia.....

-sontch
sontch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #18
Heckler86

I havent managed to get kicked out of anywhere yet. This kind of sucks, the concrete is really hot during the daytime!
Old 07-07-2010, 04:48 AM   #19
BarefootAlien
Barer of Feet

Default Wow you people are jaded...

First off, I've been a regular barefooter for nearly two decades. Before that, I was a kid, and went barefoot just because that used to be what kids did when it was warm out. I have only once ever injured myself on broken glass, and it was a shard attached to the bottom of a beer bottle, so nasty, that shoes probably wouldn't have helped anyway. Normally glass lays down harmlessly, and you can walk right over it. Your foot just flexes around it.

Second... people think -kids- are the ones smashing broken glass everywhere? Try drunks. And no, they don't do it to prevent people from going barefoot. Trust me, in America at least, that's so extraordinarily rare, even among children, that nobody who isn't a barefooter or at least wishing to be one would even consider that. They do it because it makes a neat crashing sound. Don't believe me? Go find some drunks sometime who are outside throwing bottles... outside a bar, or on Fraternity Row near a college. You're not going to hear, "Yeah, take that, barefoot freaks!" You're going to hear, "Yaaaaaah!" and a lot of stupid giggling, with maybe some "That was awesomes". Please... kids... and to prevent barefooting. I mean, when was the last time you've even -seen- a child with a beverage in a glass bottle?

Anyway... Though I've been going barefoot wherever I thought I could get away with it for many many years, I have been thrown out of a few stores... Wal-Mart twice, and Giant Eagle once. Also, CVS isn't a great idea.

However... your story inspired me a bit, so I've been a lot less shy about it recently. Since I first read this dare about two months ago, I have gone barefoot everywhere but work. I'm on week seven. I've gone into many stores, restaurants, fast food places, even ones with signs stating it's not allowed, and so far I've had no trouble at all.

So seriously... other people should give this a try! It feels good, is fun, harmless, and is actually good for your feet, knees, and back. And trust me, there is not -nearly- as much broken glass and other bad stuff out there as you think. And when there is occasionally something, the solution is simple. Don't step on it! Besides, you'll find fairly quickly that grass is much more fun to walk on than pavement anyway, and no, the grass of our planet is not booby-trapped with AIDS-laced syringes. Sorry, that's just paranoid.

Last edited by BarefootAlien; 07-07-2010 at 04:54 AM.
BarefootAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #20
Heckler86

You've definitely got some good points there.

One thing I think I have noticed is that people react more to how you present yourself as opposed to if you're wearing shoes or not. Walk into a store and be a total asshole, hey, nice shoes, there's the door buddy. But walk in and say something that just makes the clerk crack up or something, flirt, whatever, they probably wont event notice, but when they do, they'll just say "nice shoes, I wish I had a pair like that." and that seems to be about it.

Its all about the attitude!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #21
Wyatt

I would think a harmless, fun dare like this would get a lot of response, but mostly I see people not embracing it.

Well, I got kicked out of Home Depot. They pointed to a sign near the entrance. Lots of other places I got a few sideways glances and comments from little kids and friendly adults, but no hassles from the establishment. Went to Meijer, Ikea, a local sitdown Mexican restaurant, the bank, CVS, Jewel Grocery, Target, SportClips, White Castle, Wendy's, and others. Kind of surprising. Eye opening. Cool.
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #22
Hunterman36
Distinguished Member

I tried this at my baskin robbins near me and totally was let free with not so much as a raised voice. It was realy cool and fun, but also a strage feeling in a good way.
Hunterman36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk