Old 01-17-2011, 03:40 PM   #16
lilysmaster
getDare Sweetheart

Send a message via AIM to lilysmaster Send a message via MSN to lilysmaster Send a message via Yahoo to lilysmaster

You have valid points. I honestly think all of those threads should be reported and deleted but that is added work for mods. It seems gD needs to transition to a 18+ site or a PG-13 site. First one exists Kinktalk, second one is more likely and I believe is a long term goal. I believe that All dares and truths should be kept at a U18 standard and possibly an added 18+ section of dares for those eligible.

Are you a story writer? Do you need someone to edit your stories?
gD Editing Services Thread or PM me.

Last edited by lilysmaster; 01-17-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:44 PM   #17
Star Shadows
Prodigy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Yes, there are some U18s who are mature and sensible. And, yes, equally, there are some over 18s who are immature and idiotic.

But what I was getting at was the fact that getDare has always been a strict site when it comes to S/M. This website allows 18+ people only to engage in SM in the SM Area.

Under 18s are not allowed to request any Masters or slaves anywhere - do it in your signature, it gets removed.

However, there are threads such as "My Master wants to punish me hard - 14/m" and nobody really bats an eyelid. I'm not saying getDare should ban or anything, but when more and more appear, it appears as though the site doesn't mind underage slaves as long as they didn't begin on getDare, which is still a little irresponsible.

So all your talk about "omg why can't you be under 18 to be in BDSM yadda yadda" sorta misses the point somewhat.
I agree totally, it makes it look like the site is playing by half measures to a degree saying you can't do it this way but if you do this you can get round the rules.

Do not ask me for to be your slave, your mistress, or to give you truths or dares. You're wasting your time.

Informative threads:
Anonymous S/M advice service**PM ME**GET S/M ADVICE**

WORSHIPS RACHIE
Old 01-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #18
megz xxx

Talking

I dont really see your point, I'm from the Uk and at 16 Here you can have sex, get married, move out and join the army amongst other things. So in that light, why shouldn't you be allowed to have M/s relationships ??
Old 01-17-2011, 05:16 PM   #19
Slenderman - Doctor
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by megz xxx View Post
I dont really see your point, I'm from the Uk and at 16 Here you can have sex, get married, move out and join the army amongst other things. So in that light, why shouldn't you be allowed to have M/s relationships ??
That's not my point. That's fine, if you wanna do that. Your choice. Nobody's stopping you.

My point is that getDare, as a site, enforces a stict "18+ only" policy when it comes to both posting an advert in the SM forum, and when advertising for Masters or slaves in your signature.

So say a 16 year old has this in their signature - "16/m looking for a Master" - most likely it'll be removed because getDare has its 18+ rule to abide by laws and to stay on the safe side. However, there have been some TORD Online threads such as "16/m needs strict punishment for slave" and things along those lines. To my mind, that's also advertising the fact you're underage in terms of the getDare rules, and therefore should be removed.
Old 01-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #20
cbtslave4u2
getDare Sweetheart

dont forget the ones who claim to be 18. ive recieved emails from a girl on here who told me she was 18 and her profile said she was 18, even her postings said she was 18. after talking to her for awhile i got the feeling she wasnt 18. we never did anything but turned out she was 16. i stopped talking to her after i found out. you have to be real careful with those kinds of things. you never know if someone really are who they say they are.

[IMG=http://img.pokemondb.net/artwork/zekrom.jpg]
Old 01-17-2011, 05:48 PM   #21
Drilldon
getDare Sweetheart

I feel funny about now just seeing the 16/m needs punisment.

But right now there is a post saying 15/f needs sexy shower dares?

Isnt this kinda wrong too.

If you liked my Dare/Comment leave me a visitor message. Im aiming for 1000
Old 01-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #22
Mzenth

Send a message via MSN to Mzenth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

That's not my point. That's fine, if you wanna do that. Your choice. Nobody's stopping you.

My point is that getDare, as a site, enforces a stict "18+ only" policy when it comes to both posting an advert in the SM forum, and when advertising for Masters or slaves in your signature.

So say a 16 year old has this in their signature - "16/m looking for a Master" - most likely it'll be removed because getDare has its 18+ rule to abide by laws and to stay on the safe side. However, there have been some TORD Online threads such as "16/m needs strict punishment for slave" and things along those lines. To my mind, that's also advertising the fact you're underage in terms of the getDare rules, and therefore should be removed.

I agree with you 100%.
The rule is there for a reason, to protect younger users and for legality reasons but it seems that it's a flexible rule so to speak.
20 something year olds telling a 15 year old what dares they should do and the majority of them are sexual..it just doesn't seems right to me that staff allow that.
I understand that they can't put a complete stop to that as it's a 13+ forum with thousands of members but it needs to be addressed at least.

As someone stated above kinklife is there for 18+ but there needs to be a place for 13-17 year olds without being subject to adult material and that it is made sure that there is no such thing within that nature.

I also understand that 13 - 17 year olds are just getting to know the selves and getting to know about sex etc but that could easily be done in a enviroment where there isn't any sexual material.
Like myself I joined this site to know more about the lifestyle and have some innocent fun on TorD but it seems the content of the website is quite sex based really, that 13+ can have sexual material thrown at them and no one blinks an eyelid!

I think that the staff want to make it a place that anyone can come and have fun without many boundries or an endless list of don't dos and that is a GREAT thing that will help younger users to gain knowledge and have fun.
It's just there is a fine line between having fun and having too much fun that they are to young to have.
All in all I agree that staff need to discuss that aspect of things.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:41 PM   #23
slaveblondie

I personally understand the issue but don't think there is any way of stopping it. If you change the rules to 'Anyone under the age of 18 cannot post a sexual dare request of any kind on this forum' I can guarantee it will not stop people. And d'yu know why? Because there is absolutely no way of guaranteeing what age somebody says they are when they join any site. It can be lied about easily.

Surely it is better for them to post it and for you to ignore it as they are in your opinion to young, than for them to lie about it and you dare them unknowingly?

I think if you don't agree with it, you ignore it. At the end of the day it isn't actually directly effecting you. If these kids want to do that, then nothing you, an online anonymous person can say will stop them. It wouldn't have stopped me. I started young, and I have done a lot with my life, had some brilliant online relationships, but also amazing offline ones. It was not detrimental in anyway. I mean no disrespect whatsoever, but I've been here for 4 years, and all of the old problems stay old because there's no solution.

SB x

Limits:
blood, scat, pee, messy, public, family and friends, illegal, pictures of me, outside

Bondage, tease and denial, light pain, lifestyle rules, general control (food, furniture, bathroom, time etc),

Dislikes:
cold showers, complicated dares/tasks, really long corner time, harsh pain, clothing control, obnoxious or rude people haha
Old 01-23-2011, 10:06 AM   #24
TensionRoom101

Send a message via MSN to TensionRoom101

I too share concerns about this, and it's one of the reasons I don't post here often. But then as someone else pointed out, it's better underage submissives have a place they can ask questions and get grown up answers, reducing their chances of getting hurt.

To answer the question why shouldn't 15 year olds be allowed to have D/s relationships, it is because most 15 year olds are not in a position to make an informed decision. I have met and talked to a lot of subs who got into this too early, who were raped in play sessions, were physically hurt and some permanently scarred and diseased through unsafe knife play. Sure, older people can make those mistakes too, but they tend to have more life experience and a better perception of potential longterm risks.

It's also illegal (in the UK at least). There are already movements to make what we do illegal among consenting adults, and one thing they've already decided is that a minor cannot consent to have extreme play inflicted on them. So, like it or not, you can be married at 17, but if your husband ties you up and flogs you, he's legally guilty of assaulting you, however much you love it.

Parts of the law are crazy, and we have no defining date at which you become an adult that all agencies agree on. Sadly.

If you're a 16 year old you can have full intercourse with me (go on, I'll let you), but if you send me a picture of your bits unsolicited to my phone I am effectively a criminal. The law is there to protect all parties, but it's never been properly thought through,

The club I run, age limit is 18. We've even discussed raising it to 21 because most 18 year olds are not ready for it in reality (sorry guys), but we've taken the stance that we'd rather the people played on a public scene where they can be looked after and hopefully kept safe than meet some random off the internet and go to their house.

It's a challenging dilemma though.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:05 AM   #25
loke
Account Banned

If there is no nudity or giving sexual stuff to do, then i don't think its illegal (but I could be wrong). But if it is offline, as long if the area they are in where each member meets the age of consent (unless if it is 18) then it is totally legal to do nudity and sexual slave/master relationship no matter if it is adult to minor or minor to minor. But the reason underagers who posts an ad gets their ad removed and the chance of a ban is because a site like this, looking for a mater or slave, always revolve around sexual stuff and nudity, which is not legal for adult to minor and minor to minor.

I like to humiliate noteworthy!
You all can too, feel free!

Ok, so everyone knows, I been on getdare since October 24th 2008. This is just my new account, thats all. I was lokelake, changed it to loke. So I guess you could say I am still using my same name, just the shortened version of it.

Last edited by loke; 01-23-2011 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:20 PM   #26
Ace_E360
getDare Sweetheart

Can someone, real quick, remind me what the difference between fifteen and twenty is, since THE HUMAN BRAIN DOES NOT FULLY DEVELOP THE AREAS RESPONSIBLE FOR RISK ASSESMENT UNTIL AGE 25? And plus, if someone is fouteen or fifteen in an BDSM relationship, isn't it our civic duty to let them post here, so that they can get help and advice from resposible, experienced adults. As a fifteen year old (not in a relationship, but if i was), I would never ever EVER talk to my parents about getting help or being safe in a BDSM relationship. In fact, I don't think I would talk to anyone face to face, not as a teenager. I would, however, happily ask for help or advice here, in a relatively anonymous comunity with experienced adults who can help.

P.S. Where I live, BDSM is not against the law. You can legaly have sex at 12, as long as your partner is lesss than twelve months older than you are. I know. I've read the statutes. The legality of these actions really depends on where you live, so don't just balnket lawmakers everywhere with being stupid and conservative.
6.5 inches - 6'5" - 200 lbs

Not looking for a long-term dominant.

Likes, limits, and toys
PM DARES
Rules and always-in dares

PM or kik me to add PM Dares and/or rules.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:52 AM   #27
Swan
Account Banned

Well yes. There's a strict policy that under 18s can't post ads. So many users get banned for underage s/m.
But then I agree that getting into such relationships would give them experience for their future. So I think, threads like, "16/m slave. I need punishments for.." shouldn't be removed It's up to the users if they want to be into a relationship of that sort.

One thing that I don't understand is that if for an underage user, posting an ad is wrong, then why are the threads like "16/m slave.." not wrong here? And isn't it promoting underage s/m?
Old 01-29-2011, 04:56 PM   #28
meeacaroline
getDare Sweetheart

Location: That place where that thing happens next to that other place.

Okay, I'm not going to lie. I should have read through all the posts on here so if this was previously mentioned, I'm sorry for being lazy: what shocks me even more than the underage slaves are all the legal masters willing to take on kids or worse, pushing for them.
I am 17, I will be 17 until March 5th. I have that clearly posted on my page. Yet I have gotten a REDICULOUS amount of PM's asking if I am a slave and what I am into and if I am looking for a master.
Firstly, I am a slave, I do not have a master, but I am not looking for one either. And I'm sick of people not respecting that the first time I tell them. And it seems like anyone who's willing to break the rule is also willing to push my buttons.
Anyways, Doctor, you do bring up a valid point. Good job.
Old 02-20-2011, 09:02 PM   #29
Legomaniac5
Account Banned

Cake

I agree with doctor the site is no ment for those who are under 18, however there are those under that do learn from this.... facts are facts i myself am under 18 however i am searching these forms for knowledge and yet i am not nor planining on a s/m till another year has passed for it is illegal here in the states and thus why would i want to risk/ throw my life away. When and only when m 18 will i decide to try and find a s/m untill then sum dares are just fine.
Closed Thread

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
idiots, illegal, ouch, slaves, underage