Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 08-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

Default Problems with Blog Drafts

I sincerely hope I didn't miss something completely obvious in attempting this... but last night I saved 4 blog entries as drafts, as I was not ready to post them yet. I was waiting on the permission of users to post the material, as well as not being ready with all my finishing touches.

Anyway... just recently, I tried figuring out a way to post my draft right into a blog, and could not find an option to do this. So, I got around that by simply copying and pasting the formatted entry into a new blog entry.

Problem solved, right?

No. Now I still have the blog draft entry, and when I try to delete my own draft, it brings me to the "you do not have permission to access this page" page.

So, two questions:

Is there a way to post a draft to a blog?

Yes. On the blog home page, you can "select this item for inline moderation" by checking the box, and in the lower right corner, under the "moderation" scroll box, you can approve a blog entry.

Is there a way for us to delete our own drafts (drafts being the key word)?

Same story. On the blog home page, you can check the boxes in the same manner, and under the moderation scroll box, choose the option delete blog entry.

I just laugh because it was, in hindsight, potentially the most obvious place to look. No one really helped me on this manner, but just in case someone happens to read this message that had the same questions, there we go. Simple solutions.

Thanks in advanced for any constructive answers/ feedback regarding this matter.

Last edited by Rose_Angel; 08-05-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: Answered my own questions
Rose_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
archie21
getDare Succubus

I gave up trying to figure it out so write everything in word and then copy and paste.

i love receiving essays.... write me one about how rude you can get during a dare and your dirtiest fantasy... include things about yourself you wouldn't share on get dare include everything I could want to know about you...

If you don't put up a limits list, expect to be pushed on everything.
archie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #3
Rose_Angel
Distinguished Member

Thank you for the advice in using a word document, however this is something I do not want to do, because the spacing is then off with the blog, as well as the codes for fonts and stuff. I like to continually save changes. This was just the first time I ever posted as a draft, cause I had more material than I was ready to publish.

As for the essay you want, no thank you. I've never talked to you before, so there is nothing I would say to you that I would not say on getDare, not to mention I only take dares I request from private messaging. Therefore, if you have any questions for me, feel free to click the link on my signature to my truth thread, read it, post a question that hasn't already been asked, or two, or how ever many you want, that doesn't give out identification information in any way, shape, or form, and I'll get to them as I have time.
Rose_Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 02:49 AM   #4
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose_Angel
Is there a way to post a draft to a blog?

Yes. On the blog home page, you can "select this item for inline moderation" by checking the box, and in the lower right corner, under the "moderation" scroll box, you can approve a blog entr
This appears to be old instructions. I cannot see the stated elements to click. (I do not see "select this item for inline moderation" at all.

Looking on my own blog page I see a place to approve posting, but after selecting the draft and clocking on "approve" from the drop-down, it tells me "You did not select any valid entries". I know it can be done, but I can't find it. (D'uh?)

EDIT: I did it by creating a new blog and copy/pasting my text, then deleting the old one. Must be a better way!

Last edited by MarvHarvey; 03-18-2017 at 03:16 AM.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote