Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 01-24-2018, 04:15 PM   #16
TheoDares
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammarling View Post
How about consent? I don't want to see that sort of thing all over the site without a choice. At least if a thread is based around sending images via a service like kik, i have the choice to not take part and not have to see those images. Then what about the threads not about dick pics, there's plenty of those that go very nicely without being spoiled.
Allowing them everywhere, and not giving me a choice to avoid them... no thanks.

An 18+ album section, sure why not. That has the barrier of choice, if i have to click to enter a section i'm ok with what i will see. I'm opting in, not having it forced upon me.

Do you see the difference?
Completely see that point of view, and actually - I do agree with it. To be fair, I don't necessarily want to be seeing cocks everywhere I turn either. In terms of the argument though, the "consent" would be you logging onto a website in which you know that sexual imagery is allowed. If you hold this knowledge, assuming the rules were changed, and you still logged in to the site - that would be you consenting to it.

This is exactly why I wanted to do this thread - to get conversation and to get people who hold different opinions, so this is amazing. I understand your point of not wanting it everywhere, and to be completely honest - I agree, I don't want it everywhere either. An 18+ album section would be a nice edition to the site, your right.

19/M/Owned Switch
If you really want a dare from me,
check out my Dare Factory!

Likes: Pet Play, BDSM, Mild Pain, Humiliation, Age Play, Degrading, Contests, Spankings
Dislikes: Line Writing, Messy, Long Dares, Toothpaste, Edging, Hypno
Limits: Family, Extremely Messy, Shit, Needles

"PM me 'FACEBOOK', and if I get ten of these a day - I will send whoever sent me the 10th PM the link to my facebook account"
TheoDares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 09:30 PM   #17
atownesq
Distinguished Member

Send a message via Yahoo to atownesq

My opinion on these things:

Consensual Blackmail: I sort of agree. It is consensual in the sense that someone may give information they really don't want exposed with consent to someone they hope will push their comfort zone a bit. It's a classic situation of the fantasy being better than the reality. However, once the info is given, it usually only morphs into one of two things: non-consensual blackmail as you stated, the Dom can totally ignore the subs limits, OR fantasy blackmail, in that the Dom either won't push too far or knows he/she will never actually expose the material. I've been on both ends of these, and it's a catch 22. As a sub, I like the idea of really being forced with grave consequences to do things I might not otherwise want to do. That being said, I'm level headed enough I would never give the type of info that could completely wreck my life to someone I don't know and trust very well. So if I trust someone enough to give them that info, at the end of the day I probably know they would never actually reveal it. Everyone focuses on this from the sub's perspective, but Dominants need to be careful with it as well. If a sub withdraws consent, and says "I don't want you to post/send that even though I disobeyed" or whatever, and You do so anyway, You have likely committed a crime based on Your jurisdiction. I was a blackmail Dom to a girl on here a while back, she gave me pics, her real name, several sexual fantasies, and the email address of a good friend. Based on my internet research, it all checked out. I gave her some mild tasks and she never responded at all. I gave several warnings, etc, and I could see she had been signed online but she did not respond to me, so I eventually sent the info to her friend. I figured that was ultimately what she wanted, otherwise she would have at least responded. It was only after I sent the info that I considered maybe someone was stealing her identity for nefarious purposes. Oddly, I never heard anything again from her or the friend, so hopefully it worked out okay for all involved.

Kinktalk: Totally agree, it's been a shit-show for years. I just go over there to check out the albums, which are a bit of a trainwreck themselves. I can't imagine putting up some of the info some people seem to over there with real names, addresses, IDs, etc. Anyway, I know it goes back to the days when getdare was for younger ones and kinktalk was for adults, and it probably makes sense for there to be some sort of merger, but I imagine that's more time and effort than anyone is willing to put in. I don't see it as that big of a deal.

Pineapples- I like them. I like pizza. I'm not a huge fan of Hawaiian pizza, but it's far from the worst food out there. The good thing about food is generally if you don't like it, you don't have to eat it. I can't get that worked up about what other people like to eat. To each their own.

Dislikes: public, corner time, shaving, exposure, drinking pee, anal, forced bi, writing lines, pics/cam.

Limits: Illegal, permanent/long term harm, financial, vomit, pee hole insertions, blood, needles, involving others without consent.

PM Dares

Toys/Clothes
atownesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:48 PM   #18
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDares View Post
As for the Kinktalk/Getdare mention there, I think Getdare needs to make its mind up about what age rating it wants lmao. 18+ and still no nudity - youwot
Like other people already wrote: with all the males on here that love to be exposed and showing off their chastised dicklets, lots of albums will be filled with low-quality dick pics and nude shots. It'll be just like the Kink Talk albums except there will be maybe 2 or 3 times that many nudes here due to higher activity on getDare than on Kink Talk. Not to mention the avatars, pictures in threads and the getDare chat.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 05:10 PM   #19
Wedgiebondagebabe
getDare Addict

I like that getDare is 18+ and no genitalia nudity because as a female on this site, I feel like I would be constantly getting sent dick pictures instead of the dare request and requests for a mistress that usually fill my mailbox. On the other hand with it being 18+ we can have relationships and partnerships that are illegal with minors.

I think if someone really wants to show off their bodies or send people genitalia pictures, then having them on kik or somewhere you have a greater trust is a better choice anyways. If you really want to be exposed, there are people who post things to kinktalk, tumblr and other sites that are meant for things like that.

I already feel like enough males on here try to force things on me. It is nice that I do not have to worry about dick pictures too. A compromise could be a forum only that is for exposure tasks. Maybe that is something that could be the only exception to the genitalia rule? But again I do not know how that would work out.

Happily engaged!

My Likes & Limits:
My AMA
My Human Sex Map
My BDSM Test Results

This needs to end

I am NOT looking for a dom or sub at this time
Please do not send me PM messages asking for
tasks, dares, games, or forfeits
Wedgiebondagebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 11:42 AM   #20
nina@
getDare Succubus

Opinion 2
The Kinktalk Forums Are In An Awful State

I had first made my account on kinktalk and later found out about getdare. I even explored subbing for the first time with someone from that site. I used to be active on kinktalk, and make qualitative posts and blogs but to my dismay I seldom got replies to my posts or readers for my blogs. When I posted the same blogs here, I got many more replies. The member base here, particularly the 100 odd regular members here really make this place interesting and easier to make friends here or get responses and appreciation for quality posts/threads/blogs. Only pics get comparatively better responses on kt..lol. So while I have to agree that kt is currently in sorry state, I feel there is definitely scope for improvement with some proactiveness.
nina@ is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk