Old 05-03-2011, 04:49 PM   #16
webcamplayer

Send a message via Yahoo to webcamplayer

As time goes by on here the dares get more ludicrous and the sole purpose of many people's time on here is seemingly to outgross each other by saying they do things that they clearly do not. Sadly this means that the more gullible among us are likely to then the more ridiculous/gross/dangerous dares thinking they are ok. I just have this feeling that it's simply a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt. I hope I'm wrong. The fact that there is no age restriction on the site really doesn't help.
webcamplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:26 PM   #17
Id.
getDare Sweetheart

Plug

What do you think about the safety of this dare, using an electric dog collar? I know there are a lot of electric toys out there, both designed specifically for BDSM and improvised. But what do you think about the dog collar?

The collar must be designed in such a way that would not be harmful to a dog, so one would think that it would be a gentle enough shock to be relatively safe for a human who is generally larger. On the other hand, I wonder if one wrong electrical impulse might make its way to the heart or something and become dangerous. Thoughts? And what electric toys are generally accepted as being safe for dares/bdsm, if any? What are the general safety concerns/precautions?

Last edited by Id.; 05-19-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Id. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:55 PM   #18
Peekaboo
getDare Sweetheart

My basic understanding is that the dog collars are dangerous as for a dog it will need to go through their fur and they have thicker skin than humans.

Generally, unless the toy is designed for use on people you are safer not using it unless you really know what you are doing. Also, only use them below the waist unless you can guarantee they are safe for use near the heart and you know what you are doing!
Peekaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:01 AM   #19
fred&ted
Distinguished Member

Is it safe to lick a toilet with out cleaning it? Or should you clean it first.

I want to know because last time I did it, I cleaned it, I was fine but there wasn't much effect on me because it didn't taste bad so it felt like I was just licking something... So the question is, Is it safe to lick an unclean toilet?

Dislike:Spankings, Nipple torture, Pain, Cum Eating and Semi Public

Limits:Family, Friends, Public, Messy and Photo's/Videos.

I want to push my limits.

GetDare Survivor! REBOOT!
fred&ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:12 AM   #20
smokeyeager

Location: 1 mile from the beach on the eastern seaboard of North America
Send a message via AIM to smokeyeager Send a message via MSN to smokeyeager Send a message via Yahoo to smokeyeager

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred&ted View Post

I want to know because last time I did it, I cleaned it, I was fine but there wasn't much effect on me because it didn't taste bad so it felt like I was just licking something... So the question is, Is it safe to lick an unclean toilet?
It really depends on where you lick it and what your idea of clean, semi-clean, and dirty are.. The toilet seat would be the safest spot to lick but still not very safe. Inside the bowl would be pretty nasty and outside the bowl would be the medium. Mythbusters covered the toilet seat in an episode you can read about here http://mythbustersresults.com/hidden-nasties.

Loves: anal, watersports, cbt, pain, humiliation, piercing.
Limits: kids, family, poo, diapers (or anything baby related), blood, permanent marks.

Ask me anything.

P90X is brutal but I'm loving it.
smokeyeager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:15 AM   #21
fred&ted
Distinguished Member

I'm talking about the bowl, like on the top and on the outside parts of it.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:20 AM   #22
smokeyeager

Send a message via AIM to smokeyeager Send a message via MSN to smokeyeager Send a message via Yahoo to smokeyeager

Quote:
I'm talking about the bowl, like on the top and on the outside parts of it.
Might want to give it a cleaning and a good rinse with water. Would hate to ingest massive amounts of bacteria or residual cleaning agent, both could be bad.

Limits: kids, family, poo, diapers (or anything baby related), blood, permanent marks.

Ask me anything.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:21 AM   #23
fred&ted
Distinguished Member

Ok, So I should clean it all before I lick it or anything.... Could you think of things that could give it a fowl taste while I lick it?

Old 05-20-2011, 03:31 AM   #24
smokeyeager

Quote:
Ok, So I should clean it all before I lick it or anything.... Could you think of things that could give it a fowl taste while I lick it?
Yeah, I'd clean it. You probably have a whole kitchen full of condiments, spices, etc... you could wipe on it, suggestions for such should probably be in a dare post though.

Ask me anything.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:34 AM   #25
fred&ted
Distinguished Member

Ok, I was thinking I could put my cum on it, would that be safe?

Old 05-21-2011, 11:29 AM   #26
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Default Shock dog collars and some electro play

So, before a bunch of others would like to continue giving advise on my advise thread, please allow me a bit of time to do so. Some of these take me HOURS to research and write properly so please don't go writing over me, terribly rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Id. View Post
What do you think about the safety of this dare, using an electric dog collar? I know there are a lot of electric toys out there, both designed specifically for BDSM and improvised. But what do you think about the dog collar?

The collar must be designed in such a way that would not be harmful to a dog, so one would think that it would be a gentle enough shock to be relatively safe for a human who is generally larger. On the other hand, I wonder if one wrong electrical impulse might make its way to the heart or something and become dangerous. Thoughts? And what electric toys are generally accepted as being safe for dares/bdsm, if any? What are the general safety concerns/precautions?
This is by far one of the hardest set of questions I've ever been asked. I keep finding things that contridict each other, so I believe I'm going to put the basics down and then link to more in depth opinions.

So to start off, I read the thread that was linked above and personally, the idea has no appeal to me and doesn't sound totally kosher. I personally wouldn't feel totally safe using something that wasn't designed for human use when it comes to something like electricity. I think that playing around with something you don't properly understand and something that can cause a lot of damage is just a bad idea in general.

As for dog collars being used, the way he is doing it seems slightly less dangerous then having it around your neck. I've come across a couple of a different opinions of having it around your neck. One saying that it is really ok and another basically saying it is a terrible idea.

I honestly have to say that I really wouldn't want to risk having something bad happen and would avoid having it anywhere above the waist unless you seriously know what you're doing and have the proper equipment. Any sort of stray electrical current passing around or near your heart has the chance of distrupting the rhythm, damaging the heart, or, in the worst possible case, stopping it. Not only that, but, like your heart, your nervous system is also run by electrical currents and could aslso stand the chance of also being messed around with.

Most of those are far more likely to happen if you have a pre-existing heart condition or a pacemaker implanted, but if you have a malfunctioning piece of equipment or something that was not made for use by humans you have no real way of knowing what could happen. I may sound a bit paranoid, but it is generally better to be safe than sorry.

What I found out about shock dog collars is that, while many of them don't give off more than a feeling of a static shock to the dog, you have to keep in mind that dogs have thicker skin and additional fur for it to pass through, while humans to not. Also, "One misconception about shock collars is that the shock a dog feels when they get a shock is equivalent to the shock a human feels when they put the same collar around their own necks, leg or arm. While the idea of pain or shock may be subjective, what is clear is that dogs do not feel stimuli in the same way as humans. Watching dogs gleefully leap into freezing water, bite and play roughly with each other and run "barefoot" over rough ground should be evidence of this." (http://www.dailypuppy.com/articles/w...4-5152c9b28437)

The big warnings:
~Like any electronic equipment, shock collars can malfunction. Dogs have been left outside in the rain wearing an invisible fence collar, and very badly burned when the collar shorted out. This is more of a problem with older or cheap shock collars, as newer ones have built in technology to prevent this from happening.
~Make certain that your electrodes make good contact. Poor contact will often cause burns. Electrical burns tend to be deep and slow to heal. They also tend to have more damage beneath the surface than is immediately obvious.
~NEVER set up contacts such that a current path can be completed through the heart or brain! The safest way to be certain of this is to avoid any contact above the lowest set of ribs. It IS possible to work safely on the back, shoulders, neck and arms and I make some references to it later, but unless you are certain of your equipment, your knowledge and skill, and your subject's health, keep the contacts below the lowest set of ribs.
If playing with a partner:
~Don't tie your subject too tightly, allow some room for muscle contractions. It is possible to do some significant damage if you apply a strong shock to a tightly-tied limb. Also, make certain that your subject is bound or positioned such that a sudden movement won't cause a fall, impact against a solid or sharp object, or other unintended injury.
~I strongly suggest that when you try a new setup, you test it on yourself to the extent possible. This will give you some insight as to what the sensations are and what constitutes a tolerable level of current. This leads to a WARNING: NEVER EXPERIMENT WITH ELECTRICITY ON YOURSELF UNLESS YOU HAVE SOMEONE PRESENT WHO KNOWS HOW (AND WHEN) TO SHUT OFF THE CURRENT!
~ALWAYS HAVE A SAFE-WORD *AND* a signal which can be used if your sub can't speak. Make sure that you are always alert to it.

VERY IMPORTANT:
Always have someone around when playing with electricity. I know this isn't always the most favorable of ideas, but if something happens and your heart stops you only have about 4 minutes before you start having brain damage. At least have someone in your house in the hopes that maybe they find you before it is too late. If playing with a partner make sure the one giving the shocks knows CPR. It may make the difference betwen living and dying.

As for acceptable toys, I have heard of something called a violet wand. "This gadget uses a high-frequency circuit similar to a Tesla coil to build up a static charge in a gas-filled glass tube. If you hold the tube near your sub's body, Each time the charge builds up enough to jump the gap, a spark jumps from the tube to your sub's skin. Unlike shuffling across the rug, though, the Wand can spark many times a second. You can adjust the intensity and rate of sparks depending on your purpose. The nature of the body's response to this type of charge is such that you can use the wand anywhere on the body except for the eyes."

There are also things like Electro-Muscle Stimulation (EMS) exercisers that force muscle contractions. "These are less costly (and usually less powerful and elaborate) versions of the TENS units, and are intended to provide the effects of exercise by forcing muscle contractions electrically. I'll leave the question of whether they help build impressive biceps to others, but as electro-pleasure and electro-torture devices, they are excellent. They provide from 2 to a dozen separate circuits, each with adjustable current. Depending on the unit, you may also be able to vary frequency, waveform, and surge characteristics for each circuit. The units are powered by batteries, which eliminates any worry about a ground loop or component failure placing the full resources of your local power company in contact with a sensitive portion of your partner's anatomy. Also, the individual circuits are isolated from each other, so you don't have to worry about current flowing between electrodes of two different circuits and setting up a path that you hadn't planned on."

These are the safer things I've found, there are other things, like TENS units, that can beused but require proper training for safe use and are rather epensive.

Some of the earlier informantion can be found here as well as addition information: http://www.sexuality.org/l/bdsm/elecplay.html

Opinions on the safety of electrical use in BDSM can be found here but is an 18+ site so please no one under view it as I don't know what might be on the site too. The opening page will probably lead you to registration for the site but there is a button that will allow you to proceed as a guest and no registration needed. http://www.slaveregister.com/posts/162028/

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3

Last edited by nellybell; 05-22-2011 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Finishing it up
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #27
DarkAndEvil
getDare Sweetheart

I've seen and talked to people about these before. The answer is that electricity is very dangerous, and you have to be careful with any electrical toy.

Canine electrical devices like this should certainly not be used around the neck, as they would then be far to close to things like your brain. What damage are they doing to your pet? Who knows!

That said, if you are experienced with electrical play (and I don't mean sticking your tongue on a 9V battery - which, by the way, is also potentially lethal - I'm talking about proper electroplay) you might consider using them elsewhere on the body
Old 05-21-2011, 07:41 PM   #28
dmoney
getDare Devil

A 9 volt battery only puts out relatively 500mAh (Source: http://www.batterysavers.com/Compare-Batteries.html). It would take 300-500mAH applied directly to the chest cavity to stop your heart (Source: http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/JackHsu.shtml). I've held over 2Ah in my hands with nough force to tickle, but it didn't kill me. Basically, if you have no heart conditions, I wouldn't concern myself too much because the dog collar isn't making direct contact with your heart or chest, and the collar itself tends to insulate you from getting the full effect of the shock. I stick 9 volt batteries to my tongue all the time and have no issues.
dmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:48 PM   #29
nellybell
Truth or Dare Enthusiast

Default toilet lovin'

Quote:

I think that licking a toilet that isn't clean sounds pretty unsafe without even having to ask. Depending on how dirty your toilet is you could be ingesting millions if not billions of tiny germs and bacteria, not to mention pleanty of urine and fecal matter.

Common bacteria that can be found on toilets include, but is not limited to:
~Shigellosis- can cause severe diarrhea and dysentery as well as inflamation of the intestines.
~Staphylococcus- the antibiotic strain is responsible for MRSA
~Salmonella-can cause severe vomiting and diarrhea

There is a problem, though, with cleaning the toilet then licking it, depending on what you clean it with/how you clean it.

While disinfectants will get rid of a fair amount of the ickies but it also leaves behind some of the chemicals. Many of those chemicals are certainly not something you would want to ingest and can make you just as sick if not more so than the things you're trying to not get sick from. Poisoning is a bad thing.

So, my only suggestion is, that, if you must lick a toilet, clean how you would regularly do so and then wipe down additionaly very well with a wet paper towel or something. The whole goal being that you get rid of the left over chemical residue.

Quote:
You can do a general google search for things that are bitter that you could easily pick up in a store. Things that do come to mind though are things like the peels off of citrus fruit. If you take the peel and run it kind of hard against the outside of the bowl you should get a slightly bitter taste off of it. Also, around this time of the year there is usually a fair amount of dandelions floating around. The insides of the steams usually are quite bitter and could be wiped on the bowl as well to get that nasty taste.

Then as for your cum being on the toilet, i suppose that could work? Still germs involved and if you have any STDs don't be putting your cum in your mouth because you can further spread it to the rest of your body. Otherwise you should be good.

There was a nelly,
a very smelly enchanted nelly
sweet as vegemite could be
ahaha just kidding, but still loved just the same <3

Last edited by nellybell; 05-22-2011 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spelling not so hot.
nellybell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 01:37 PM   #30
Id.
getDare Sweetheart

Heart

Awesome thoughts and research Nellybell! Excelent information, thank you!
Id. is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk