Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 02-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #1
heathcliff

Default Sub-forums for master/slave ads?

Hey there,

I notice that the site is now so popular that ads in the Master/Slave area get swallowed up onto later pages remarkably quickly compared to how it has been for many years... I wonder if it might be worth considering some sub-forums, perhaps separating out gender and slave vs. master ads for instance (i.e. F subs, M subs, F dommes, M doms) - or even thematically, so loosely based upon what people are looking for.

Something like that would make it easier to search for what you are looking for and would also mean peoples' ads had a bit longer on the front page.

Just a thought

Been a user of this site for years, pretty much exclusively for that area. Thanks to all the mods and people who keep it going!

MH
heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to heathcliff for this post:
Old 02-27-2016, 04:17 PM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

I think that this idea would isolate those who are not the favorite. Those who are not the favorites; the male slaves, will get less chances of getting noticed when they are seperated from the popular ads; the females.

If you are just looking for a way to browse faster through the list of ads, then read the following.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
How I normally browse through the s/M advertisement section is by using the search feature of the browser: ctrl + f.

Then type either one of the following things in the search engine for the page. You'll probably figure out what it is useful for yourself.

1 • slave in
2 • switch in
3 • master in
4 • slave seeks
5 • switch seeks
6 • master seeks

When you want to include the gender also, you can type either one of the following before 4, 5 or 6.

1 • female/
2 • male/

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 05:35 PM   #3
heathcliff

Haha, yes, I know how to use the ctrl+f feature and I do use it... This would be more helpful if you could display a lot more ads per page, not sure if there's a way to change that but I've not found it.

I don't think your argument is logically sound; It's not about 'popularity', it's about simple categorisation. That would be preferable to the current stream of ads in my opinion. I mean I'm a gay male, 75% dom, so I would go view the board for male sub ads, or perhaps occasionally the board for male doms. If I were mostly straight but sometimes happy to make do with a male sub, then I would first go to the board for female subs ads, then male subs. Yes, there are fewer female ads so they'd stick around longer, but it would still be an improvement for all types of ads.

Would just be great if there was a neater way to filter as there are just so many ads these days!
Old 02-29-2016, 06:12 PM   #4
Foodlover312
getDare Devil

yes this is a good idea it would make a big difrence i would think
Foodlover312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:28 PM   #5
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

Perhaps simply a field at the top of the section where one could use drop-down boxes to filter the type of ads they'd like to see.
It'd say something like:

I am a [gender] [master/slave/etc] searching for a [gender] [master/slave/etc] in [location].

Where the brackets would indicate drop-down filter options.

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2016, 03:13 AM   #6
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpuds View Post
Perhaps simply a field at the top of the section where one could use drop-down boxes to filter the type of ads they'd like to see.
It'd say something like:

I am a [gender] [master/slave/etc] searching for a [gender] [master/slave/etc] in [location].

Where the brackets would indicate drop-down filter options.
Yeah, this would be cool too. I guess this would be a lot harder to instigate which is why I thought at least subforums would be a simple way of helping filter so people can more easily navigate ads and so their ads stick around a little longer
Old 03-01-2016, 04:17 AM   #7
Unidentified
Distinguished Member

I agree with an option to show more ads per page. As for sorting by gender or something, i dont really care. I wouldnt be too convinced about someones determination when he or she wouldnt even want to go through the trouble of using ctrl+f.
On the other hand, I guess it would be usefull if you look for lots of advertisements. If something like that gets added, i hope they also add a filter to remove any ad with less than 'x' amount of words.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 12:32 AM   #8
bleonav06
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathcliff View Post
I don't think your argument is logically sound; It's not about 'popularity', it's about simple categorisation. That would be preferable to the current stream of ads in my opinion. I mean I'm a gay male, 75% dom, so I would go view the board for male sub ads, or perhaps occasionally the board for male doms. If I were mostly straight but sometimes happy to make do with a male sub, then I would first go to the board for female subs ads, then male subs. Yes, there are fewer female ads so they'd stick around longer, but it would still be an improvement for all types of ads.
His argument that the male slaves ads would be ignored does hold some merit. If they were sorted out and people only went into the female section then males would not get the love they deserve. This would lead to more males pretending to be females which is bad for the site.

Limits pics vids scat illegal family extreme pain public wedgies messy

No I don't have or want kik or skype don't bother asking nor do I want to be your mistress nor slave

m/19 switch

I don't have any toys

AMA My first story

Spoiler:
Lol you just wasted your time opening this
bleonav06 is offline   Reply With Quote