WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT FORUMS

IMPORTANT NOTES FOR SLAVES / MASTERS

LINKS TO USEFUL THREADS

Created by Rachel (March 2011)
Edited and encouraged by Leopard
Supported by Lilangel

BED HABITS

LOLA.FOX WISHES SHE WAS MY FAVORITE USER <3

Last edited by Rachie; 05-26-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Rachie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
Rachie
I am the cutest butterfly ever

WHY JOIN GETDARE?

If you have not already done so, here are some key reasons to join getDare / what you get, for becoming a member

• It’s FREE.However donations are much appreciated
• Make hundreds of friends
• Find people who have the same fetish as you
• General chat
• Post new threads in different categories
• Post comments
• Have you own profile page which you can adopt as you feel fit.
• Access the Chat rooms
• General Chat / conversations
• Become a slave or master (over 18s only)
• Make blogs about feelings, facts, what to do, hair style etc (almost anything)
• Paint Pictures and post in chat – NEW NOVEMBER 2010
• Post Pictures / photos off the web, camera etc
• And much more

BED HABITS

Old 03-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #3
Rachie

What is an Avatar?
Your Avatar is the image that is portrayed every time you make a post – if you have not uploaded an Avatar getDare uses a blank grey face (see image)

How to make an Avatar
1) Click on “User CP” at the top left of the page
2) Click “Edit Avatar”
3) Enter the URL of the image that you would like to download from another website OR click browse and search your computer for the image
4) REMEMBER to click save

Name:  How to create an AVATAR.jpg
Views: 7303
Size:  79.1 KB

What are the advantages to having an Avatar?
This is displayed at the side of every post that you make, as well as shown in Chat. People find it much easier to remember you if you have a unique Avatar. Strangely you are often more likely to make friends etc with an Avatar as it looks like you are prepared to spend a bit of time and effort on getDare making yourself seen

Does an Avatar need to be a picture of yourself?
No an avatar can be almost anything, from a clothed picture of yourself to a picture of your favourite food, pet, hobby etc There’s almost no limits EXCEPT please do not post revealing photos of yourself / others and remember that anyone can see this and there are 13 year olds on the site.

IMPORTANT
DO NOT POST NAKED PHOTOS

BED HABITS

Old 03-08-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
DancingBear
Sister Sparrow

How about a section for the rules?
DancingBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 12:19 PM   #5
Rachie

SIGNATURE

What is a Signature?
Your signature is displayed at the bottom of every post that you makes, and is a very useful way to either tell people who you are, what you like / dislike, links to your threads etc.

How to make a Signature
1) Click on “User CP” at the top left of the page
2) Click “Edit Signature”
3) Enter the URL of the image that you would like to download from another website OR click browse and search your computer for the image, alternatively you can edit something (text) into the box and this will be displayed as your signature
Remember you can also
Change the type of Font, Size, Bold, Underlined, Colour, Centre text etc
4) Recommended to click Preview Signature to check what others will see before saving,
5) REMEMBER to click save

Name:  How to Create a Signature.jpg
Views: 7428
Size:  69.8 KB

What are the advantages to having a Signature?
A signature is very useful to portray yourself. You may want to say something that people keep asking yourself when you first chat, therefore trying to eliminate common chat eg) name, age, country what looking for. Alternatively you can have links to some of your popular threads. If you are interested in doing dares, it can be a handy place to say what you like, dislike, are your limits etc.

TIP
Try to have something unique / unusual so people will remember you – add a bit of colour a small image etc can also be handy

IMPORTANT
DO NOT POST NAKED PHOTOS

REMEMBER TO KEEP YOUR SIGNATURE TO A MANAGEBLE LENGTH – NOT EXCESSIVELY LONG

BED HABITS

Old 03-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #6
Rachie

PROFILE INFORMATION

If you are serious about making friends, and getting to know others on getDare, it is recommended you fill out your Profile Information.

To do this go to your profile screen

There are several things that you can enter information for, including:

Gender - Very useful for everyone to know
Interested in – What you are looking for on getDare, be it dares, general banter or being a slave
Favorite Dare – exactly what says?
About – Something you would like to say about yourself be it what’s your favourite music, food or what your often feeling
Hobbies and Interests
Occupation -
What’s up -

Name:  Profile Information.jpg
Views: 7185
Size:  67.2 KB

What are the advantages to filling in your profile information?
You may decide to only fill in part of this information if some are personal, however it can help others find an opening phrase and reason to chat with yourself eg) if you say you are interested in netball, you may find someone else whose got the same interest chats to yourself, if you say you are Interested in being a slave, you may get different offers.

Name:  user profile information.jpg
Views: 7198
Size:  78.5 KB

You can view a lot from your / someone else’s user area. If it is your user area you can view / edit your friends, look at your statistics, send a private message, look at / post visitor messages and a lot more. Remember to keep your user profile updated.You can customise / edit back ground colour to make unique (so people remember you) Remember to make it easy for people to read the information eg – don’t write in yellow on white / Dark Blue on Black etc.

BED HABITS

Old 03-08-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
Rachie

HOW TO THANK / RATE THREADS

Rate Threads
It is very useful to rate threads as to how useful – informative etc you have found it- please do not just rate the best and worst threads as this feature is designed to help others find something useful in the future eg: high rated stories, blogs, truths etc.

Name:  THANKS & RATINGS.jpg
Views: 7918
Size:  58.6 KB

Thank Threads
When you thank a thread others can see that you have done so. This is useful to tell others that you persoanlly would like to say thank you. This often makes you seem like a gentleman / lady. However don’t thank any old thread as this is supposed to be special and if you’ve thanked a thread no one else likes – poor spelling grammer etc it can often do just the oposite to your reputation

The Thank button is at the bottom of the first Post

BED HABITS

Last edited by Rachie; 03-09-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
Rachie

MAKING A NEW THREAD

What is a thread?
A thread is a new topic page eg –Truths, Dares, Stories, Lounge Game etc,

What should I do before making a new thread?
Before making a new thread it is always suggested you search (search tool) to check there is not already the same or very similar thread – in this case do NOT duplicate

Check which forum your new thread is best to be placed inside – eg if story will it have EXTREME mature content place in rated 18 Mature Stories if not place in Tuth or Dare story section. If you are unsure either read a few stories in different categories to see what others are like, or ask someone for advice – moderators are recommended but any MATURE ADULT that has been a member for a while with multiple posts is better than no one.

IMPORTANT
A lot of people post truth questions in the truth forum however ONLY truths that would be considered embarrassing or exciting to answer are supposed to be in here eg questions regarding fetish, sexuality etc. If your thread is something like Favorite Food – this should be placed in the Lounge Forum.

Remember when posting anything on getDare you are agreeing that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

How to create?
One of the easiest ways to create a new thread is to click on “QUICK LINKS” at the top of any page, here you can see what the new posts have been: Scroll down to the bottom of the page to where it says “Forum Jump” click on the arrow next to it, and select your chosen forum. You can then view other threads or create a new one. When you are creating a new thread remember to check all punctuality and grammer to the best of your ability (understand not everyones best subject – but can still try) Do not use slang user proper spelling and grammer – DO NOT chat like “dood r u my m8“

Name:  create new thread.jpg
Views: 6959
Size:  76.6 KB

getDare Posting rules by Depp can be found by following this link: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=29355

Please read “What are the different forums” to understand where to post your new thread - Later in the guide / manual

BED HABITS

Old 03-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #9
Rachie

CHAT

There are currently 4 different chat rooms all designed for a different purpose. Please check which you are in and keep to the correct room for the type of chat messages you are sending eg:
The Lounge Room: - One of the most popular rooms – this is where general chat takes place,
Truth or Dare Room: The place for Truth or Dare
The Dare Slave: The place for Master / Mistress and Slaves
The Scene: The place for BDSM

How to navigate to rooms
Click on Rooms at the top left of the chat box

Name:  chat.jpg
Views: 6951
Size:  62.7 KB

How to draw pictures?
To draw a picture click on the paint / note pad symbol shown in the above example, this is at the bottom left of the page. You will then get a blank box to paint your picture. Click on the PLUS and MINUS symbols to select a larger or smaller paint brush. Click one of the 26 different colours and away you go. When you have finished painting click Submit and everyone can view your master piece.

Edit text – colour font italic etc
Click on the different symbols at the bottom left corner of chat to select if you wish your text to be in BOLD, ITALIC and what COLOUR you wish to be using. It can sometimes be recommended to use the same type of font / colour boldness etc every time you are in chat as people get used to looking out for certain colours to see if you are around. However try not to choose the same as so many others as can make chat look rather complicated.

Send a Whisper
A whisper is a message sent to a single recipient that no-one else is aware of; This is done by selecting the user from the list of names in the column on the right. If you now type a message and press enter in the small white box under the user’s details, the message you send is sent privately to that single person.

Send a private chat request?
You can send a private chat request and chat to someone in your own private room. The advantage of this is that other people’s conversations will not be portrayed. To do this click on your chosen partners name to show there details. At the bottom of this click on PRIVATE CHAT. This then sends them a personal private chat asking if they want to chat with yourself.

IMPORTANT
I would recommend that before you ask to chat in private you at least acknowledge the person first in chat, as not doing this can upset some people and if they are painting interrupts there activity (deletes it.)

Identify the user you are talking to
If you click on the users name in the general large chat box before you send a message. The message will start something similar to: example: ‹@Leopard› Hello– this makes it a lot easier for your recipient to understand you are chatting with them.

Need assistance from Moderator (Mod)
If you need the assistance from a moderator you can often tell if one is in the room at the present time by looking at the symbol before the users name – if there is one that appears as a green man), this is a mod (moderator) If you want to know if someone is a moderator you can click on the person’s name to get there details. If the top line says getDare Staff you know you have found a moderator.

Chat rules can be found here: (getDare Chat rules by Leopard)
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=65204

Lil Angels Chat Guide and Tips
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showpost....47&postcount=2

Name:  My Files bar - in chat.jpg
Views: 6985
Size:  64.8 KB

BED HABITS

Old 03-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #10
Rachie

VISITOR MESSAGES

Visitor messages are a great way to get yourself seen and noticed by others; they are also a nice way to welcome someone new and can be a good friendly way of introduction

When creating a visitors message it is wise to Preview your message before sending especially if you have an image attached, as some times images can be larger than you expect or have errors and can’t be installed.

Everyone is able to see your visitor message, so if you want it to be private you are best to send as a Private Message

Name:  Visitor Messages.jpg
Views: 6920
Size:  61.2 KB

BED HABITS

Old 03-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #11
Rachie

ADDING FRIENDS

After you have grown close to someone or have made friends you can ask if want to be your online friend. To do this click on their profile followed by selecting User List and adding them as a friend.

The other advantage to doing this is that off your profile you can find there details much easier allowing you to send private messages

Name:  adding friends.jpg
Views: 6855
Size:  57.3 KB

You then have to wait for them to accept or decline your friendship request. You can also befriend someone at any point from your user profile area.

BED HABITS

Old 03-08-2011, 01:13 PM   #12
Rachie

BLOG

What is a Blog?
A blog is a different kind of forum where people can again post comments on the chosen subject. Blogs are your personal space to talk about whatever you want – as opposed to the forums, which should be topics everyone can participate in. The best way to see if your chosen thread / blog should be put up as a blog or thread is simply by reading a few others first.

How to create?
To create a new blog go to your profile page and click blog. You can now follow a similar sequence to creating a new thread.

BED HABITS

Old 03-08-2011, 01:17 PM   #13
Rachie

MAKING A PHOTO ALBUM

How to Make?
To create a new Photo Album Go to Community on the top tool bar, next go down to Pictures and Albums, enter a name for your chosen new photo album and follow the rest of the instructions.

IMPORTANT
Do NOT post naked photos on this site in any area – don’t forget that people as young as 13 are able to join this site and please respect this.

Name:  Album.jpg
Views: 6892
Size:  61.1 KB

Please remember you only have so much download space, so be careful what you decide to download

BED HABITS

Last edited by Rachie; 03-08-2011 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:24 PM   #14
Rachie

HOW TO REPORT

If you see something in chat thats needs to be brought to someones attention – or a thread that needs the attention of a moderator please report it. However remember there are often certain measures you can take first depending on what your incident involves e.g. using the IGNORE feature if someone is pestering you

Name:  REPORT - IGNORE.jpg
Views: 6982
Size:  69.8 KB

Remember that moderators do everything out of the kindness of their hearts and are NOT paid. Please show them respect and respect they will show you.

Please do not abuse the report feature

Here is a list of all the getDare staff:
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=57998

BED HABITS

Old 03-08-2011, 01:30 PM   #15
Rachie

HOW TO QUOTE / MULTIPLE QUOTE

Name:  quote & multiple quote.jpg
Views: 6927
Size:  67.1 KB

Quoting someone else’s message or using the multiple quote feature can be very useful to tell others what you are referring to. Some threads you will find this used more than others as it helps in different ways. e.g.) A continuing list.

When you have quoted someone it is portrayed as a grey box, your message is usually underneath this and out of the box.

If you use a multiple quote - both previous messages will be inside DIFFERENT grey boxes, to easily define what each previous message was.

BED HABITS

Advertisements
Kink Talk