Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 11-06-2017, 01:49 AM   #1
PurpleS
getDare Addict

Default Verification for Females

I was just curious if the mods here do it like kinktalk so for those of us that don't tend to do pictures can say send a mod them for a tag that says verified so they can stop getting harassed all the time.

I liked the fact as hey, send some nudes (close to nudes) to them and they delete it ad pretty much move on with their day
PurpleS is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to PurpleS for this post:
Old 11-06-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattyslave View Post
I was just curious if the mods here do it like kinktalk so for those of us that don't tend to do pictures can say send a mod them for a tag that says verified so they can stop getting harassed all the time.
No, we don't do it like on Kink Talk. This idea was put on the to-do list but never developed due to unknown reasons. And won't that kind of people message you, even more, when they know you genuinely are a female?

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to RiskyFlame for this post:
Old 11-06-2017, 12:36 PM   #3
silverdarknight
getDare Devil

I don't like the idea.

There is an issue with harassment / abuse of female users.

This is an internet site with strong sexual elements, so it kinda comes with the territory - but that doesn't mean you have to approve, condone or enable it.

I'm not sure I see how obliging female users to send nudes helps.

And that's before you get to the victim blaming elements where you are punishing genuine users requiring them to identify themselves because some other users lie.

Idiots spouting bullshit is a common phenomenon online. It's not even restricted to the seedier parts. This forum isn't unique, and I don't think we should use it as an excuse to extort raunchy pics from users who might not be comfortable with the idea.

Likes:Enthusiasm, Pain, CBT, Spankings, Humiliation, disgusting, chemical play, sissy, pics(others), (&)
Dislikes: Public, pee, pics(me), anal, (&)
Limits: Stupid, Exposure, Rules, bondage, Long tasks, social suicide, (&)
Bonus features: My rules(#), 'wanted' ad & many questions.
&=More details on Likes/Dislikes etc here
*=Full 'how to' details & rules here
silverdarknight is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to silverdarknight for this post:
Old 11-06-2017, 01:12 PM   #4
Dr Jones

I like the idea but agree that perhaps in practice that it will only exacerbate the harassment or otherwise change very little. I don't normally send pics but I have sent enough to people I have come to trust where I have been holding a note or with something written on my body or where the picture so clearly relates to the chat we had been having that there are a few regular members who can confirm my gender should the need ever arise. Most people casually enquiring about whether or not I am a girl usually want something I am not interested in given them anyway so I find it easy to ignore them.

A suggestion: why not take a photo wearing a bra or tank-top but showing some cleavage whilst holding a note with your GetDare username or better yet, with the username written on your skin? The boys don't need to see too much to get the idea!

xx

Miss Jones
We're a young hetero couple (27 f & 29 m) from Australia (her) & the US (him) living in tropical Queensland. We're musicians, creative & sporty. No longer very active on this site but still keen for a laugh! xx

Likes: outdoors, public, sailing, tennis, streaking, fun and alternative, drinking, exchanging stories and ideas, games, banter, sports bets

Maybe: pics, giving commands

Dislikes: anal, insertions, pain, messy, prolonged, salad, being submissive, cam, demanding people
Dr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:07 PM   #5
PurpleS
getDare Addict

Default Very true

Was just curious and yes it'd be a getdare way. So non nudes but my bad example. I would say I trust mods and Admins to not actually save the picture and such. It'd give the people the choice to verify their profile if want and just leave it if not like KT or fetster.
PurpleS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
CalmInControl

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattyslave View Post

I liked the fact as hey, send some nudes (close to nudes) to them and they delete it ad pretty much move on with their day
I've always thought voice was a better confirmation that someone's female than pictures. I feel it's a lot easier to photoshop or poach photos than it is to converse, but that's just me.

Considering Skype voice is an option based on your advert, shouldn't that be more than enough to verify you?
CalmInControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:02 PM   #7
Runesmith
Stranger with candy

There are many males who enjoy being a female online (and vice versa), and I fully respect that. There are those who are pansexual/gender-fluid, and identify with more than one gender. So I am against labeling such people as "fakes." No, they are not fakes, they are being who they truly are. Harassing such people, or "exposing" them is idiocy at best, and bullying/trolling at worst.

I only play with genetic and phenotypic females (which is my preference), and I also prefer to verify those whom I play with. However, there are some who do not respect my gender preference, and try to pull a fast one.

Photos - nudes/non-nudes - don't prove anything, unless they are accompanied by something that verifies the genuineness of the photo - eg. a phrase or a number given by me, written on the skin or a piece of paper. Even then, I have had attempts where someone tried to take a verification pic from xhamster and photoshop the phrase on to the paper that the person was holding in the pic. Those are not that tough to spot.

Voice is the best way to identify the gender, especially when using part of lyrics from a song, etc that requires modulation of the voice. That's not something today's text-to-speech applications can do (and yeah, people have tried).

I will not list the users who have tried to fool me and failed - that would be equivalent to cyber bullying, and I don't support threads that do so.

I also do not pressure anyone to prove their gender - if they wish to play with me, they have to prove their gender. If they don't want to prove their gender, I will be friends with them, but there will be no deeper interaction, sexual or otherwise.
To play with me, you must be able to prove your gender.

Runesmith's Forgiveness thread - you're gonna need this

My stories:
Non-consensual Roleplay With a Stranger
The Cabin in The Woods
The Shanghai Girl
Palace on The Beach

My poems (yeah, poems):
The Winter

Last edited by Runesmith; 11-07-2017 at 11:06 PM.
Runesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #8
FoxFire
getDare Sweetheart

Well there is actually some common ground for verifying anyone.

Reddit does it quite well in their various nsfw threads.

Essentially you're vetted through the mods, then you're profile gets a verification flare to it.
So you could prove you are who you say you are without having photos around for everyone to access.

For those who are unfamiliar with Reddit verification its as follows.

You have a photo of you, or at least what you want to be verified. Holding up a tag with your username written on it.
Then the mod asks for another with the tag crumpled up and usually in a different position.

With getdare, a mod could give you a tag for your signature that states you passed vetting as xyz
Or simply a new title -verified.

Food for thought.

*This also works quite well for those who identify under various things, just have to be specific when submitting verification on what you want to be vetted under.

~ CrEaTiViTy~semi-public/messy /edging /anal play/denial /common sense and creativity

~dislikes~ ice/heat
~Limits~ bodily fluids, pee... poop etc..

Switch ~mildly searching.

Last edited by FoxFire; 11-09-2017 at 11:21 AM.
FoxFire is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk