Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 03-25-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
qatguy
getDare Succubus

Nuclear hunger games: the movie

I just got back from watching hunger games at the movie theatre, and it kicked major butt! I loved the whole movie. I haven't read the book, but now I am interested in buying it, just to compare both plots.
qatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #2
daremaster 1
getDare God

Quote:
Originally Posted by qatguy View Post
I just got back from watching hunger games at the movie theatre, and it kicked major butt! I loved the whole movie. I haven't read the book, but now I am interested in buying it, just to compare both plots.
Love that movie! But the books are way better in my opinion! I can't wait till the next movies though.
daremaster 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by daremaster 1 View Post
Love that movie! But the books are way better in my opinion! I can't wait till the next movies though.
I couldn't agree more. The book goes into way much more detail. But you cant include all of that in a 2+ hour movie, so overall I feel they did a good job. I just wished they included the countdown like they did in some of the trailers. Gives me goosebumps each time watching them online.

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
DancingBear
Sister Sparrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
I just wished they included the countdown like they did in some of the trailers. Gives me goosebumps each time watching them online.
THIS OMG. I said this to my fiance and he thought it was stupid.. but in the trailer it was very chilling and I loved it! I can't believe it wasn't in the movie. It's such a minor thing too, you think they wouldn't have changed it? Oh well, I can just watch the trailer over and over for the effect.

Also, the movie did leave a lot out. Most was just eh, but some I felt was important so you should definitely read the book!
DancingBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #5
Midnight
getDare Sweetheart

Location: When I'm in one location, I'll let you know. Doubt that will be any time soon. (Thanks work!)

Usually, I tear movies apart because I have theatre/directing/acting experience and background and I found it ridiculously hard to find fault with it. Yes, they could have done more detail but considering the subject matter and the restraints of turning a book into a movie, I thought it was quite well done. I was especially happy to see that Suzanne Collins was very active in the project.

Still, hands down, the book is amazingly better!!

Spoiler:
I still cried during Rue's death. The emotion and being able to see it really brought it to a whole new level for me.

Just quiet and guarded.

Be careful when you talk to me...you never know which personality wants to play.

You can message for whatever. I'm open to conversation. Anything else...well, you saw the little memo about the many personality...it also applies to moods.
Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:38 PM   #6
austinchilds10

Books are always better, I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book is always better, except jaws.... The movie was better in that one!
austinchilds10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
Angel -Twink-

Went and saw it with my boyfriend opening night. I LOVED it. I've read all 3 books, and even though one or two parts weren't exactly in par with the book, the movie was well done, and really did tell the story almost the exact same as the book did.
Angel -Twink- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:19 AM   #8
Mikkel_123

Looks very similar to Battle Royale in the desription, isn't it?
Mikkel_123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #9
wedgiegirl290
getDare Sweetheart

I have read the books and watched the movie, so like always booksa ARE ALWAYS better than movies. You should read the books
wedgiegirl290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #10
conall
getDare Sweetheart

read the book, films rarely live up to the book (with the exception of the Bourne trilogy which in my opinion surpassed the books in terms of quality)

PM me and i will edge 3 times in a public toilet. I will keep door unlocked the whole time

19-male
conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
DancingBear
Sister Sparrow

The Hunger Games is like a combination of Battle Royale, The Lottery, and The Most Dangerous Game.. but it's still pretty cool. It may not be the MOST original concept but can you tell me what is these days?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:46 PM   #12
Manbearpig
getDare Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingBear View Post

THIS OMG. I said this to my fiance and he thought it was stupid.. but in the trailer it was very chilling and I loved it! I can't believe it wasn't in the movie. It's such a minor thing too, you think they wouldn't have changed it? Oh well, I can just watch the trailer over and over for the effect.

Also, the movie did leave a lot out. Most was just eh, but some I felt was important so you should definitely read the book!
Please see spoiler for the next comment concerning this.

Spoiler:
I really hope they include it in the Third Quarter Quell. It has so much more meaning considering what happens just before the liftoff.

Will not do: Anal, Messy, Public

Kik:Mbpgetdare
Manbearpig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #13
DancingBear
Sister Sparrow

That's true, I agree MBP. I'm excited for the other movies even tho this one just came out lol! I think I'll be seeing it again with Ninjota haha
Old 04-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
taste the rainbow

I was rather disappointed with the movie, actually. It had some great moments, but it was nothing compared to the books.

For example, in the movie, Katniss and Rue's relationship was... well, basically nonexistent. I mean... "Hi, I'm Rue. I saved your life, now let's part ways and kick some butt. Now I'm dead. Kbye." I was expecting to cry when Rue died. Sure, it was sad.... but not enough to bring me to tears.

Not compared to the book, though, the movie was excellent.

:Wedgies, light bondage(easily hidden underneath clothes), bladder control, light pain (clit/nipple torture)

:Hanging wedgies, messy, public, friends, family
If you're unsure, ask! I may be up for it.

Female, 20. Pictures can be discussed, but are not guaranteed.

Last edited by taste the rainbow; 04-15-2012 at 12:34 PM.
taste the rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
DancingBear
Sister Sparrow

taste_the_rainbow you kinda contradicted yourself.. "it was nothing compared to the book" and "compared to the book, the movie was excellent"

Which did you like more? The book or the movie?

Advertisements
Kink Talk