Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 02-09-2014, 12:47 AM   #1
Tc3

Default Private Messaging

So I have sent a lot of PM's with no responses so I am wondering a couple things.

1) Why do you post PM dares or PM me to be a master or sub if you don't reply?

2) What does it take from you to know about the other person to reply to that PM.

I really want to find people to trade dares with but no one answers my PM.

Thanks....
Tc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #2
mrpropel
Truth or Dare Junkie

I'll gladly trade dares with you,

hi there! hope you are having a great day! feel free to say hi to me on discord! `Bantering` love you all <3
mrpropel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:23 PM   #3
hondalife

i have the same issue no one ever replies

Maybes: enemas, pics, denial, cum eating, ass to mouth

Limits: Pee, poo, permanent, family, friends, public illegal, crossdressing, messy

PM me if you want my tight ass filled with something of your choice

pm me 'insert' and ill insert the object you tell me to for x min (max of 10 min.)
hondalife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #4
Happy Me

A lot of people send me pm's asking to play... but I don't really play with random strangers. And I think a "Hey, hello there, I saw ___ that you posted and it was cool" would make a big difference about whether or not I ever replied. Random request pm's happen too much and are just kind of annoying, so I never reply to them. However if someone actually put some thought into the message they sent I will almost always reply to it (even if I won't ever play with them.)
Old 03-01-2014, 02:46 AM   #5
Wardell

Interestingly though, I've PMd a number of subs where they'd put a request for PM dares in their sigs or profiles, without any subsequent reply of any kind.

It's disappointing that these subs see this as a one-way street, without considering that there's very little point for a Dom to provide a task when there's no response. It's put me off bothering with them, and now only interact with those that are prepared to work at a two-way arrangement.

I'll be retiring from getDare soon, but staying in touch with naughtylittlegirl as her friend and mentor.

She's the most incredible sub to have ever offered me her submission, and any genuine dom who manages to have her offer the same to them is a very honoured man.
Wardell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:56 AM   #6
CalmInControl

At the risk of making you seem less important - often these people are probably sending dozens of messages to dozens of different people in a copy-paste fashion. A lot of people on getDare are around for quick sexual gratification and if you're the fourth person to reply they've probably gotten off talking to the first person.

2) What does it take from you to know about the other person to reply to that PM.
It really depends what the message is asking about or what it's being messaged in regards to. A few things I consider when replying messages are:
- How coherent is their message (spelling, grammar, sentences)
- How relevant is their content (is it a copy paste job?)
- Have they looked at my profile?
- How many posts does the other person have? About what? Is it consistent?

An example would be if I look at a submissive's previous posts and they're all one liners replying to dominant threads - I would probably be hesitant to reply to them. Similarly, if a user has ten ads claiming to be a straight male submissive seeking a female dominant but is also spamming every female submissive thread saying he wants to be their dominant - I'd think that person is just trying to get some quick sexual interaction.

Honestly, I doubt even 10% of the users on this website check the above before replying/messaging people but you asked, so there's a reply
CalmInControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:53 AM   #7
TIM1
getDare Devil

- check last activity of user (if you sended them PM in 25.02 and they have no activity since then they might just not readed it)

-always look what other person is looking for (straight guy propably wont play with gay)

-always say why you PM them and use proper gramar ( NOT : HY U I want play with u send me D )

- try to start with dare but dont be rude ( Hi would you like to be dared ? - try to start with dare after them accept it they will be more willing to send you one in excheng)

I usually replie all PM but I play only if Im intrested in dare ( be creative )

You can send me an PM and try to play with me

likes : CBT, torture, denial, edging, cum play/eating, body writting, tied balls, sounding, anal, piss play, long dares, feminization, sissification
limits : exposure, public , noisy , messy, illegal

code: http://dickcode.net/36yfl

You can help to make my day even better: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=429996
You can vote: https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=430531
TIM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:50 AM   #8
muffinfairy
getDare Devil

Bug

When you PM someone you get the option of checking a little box saying "Request a read receipt for this message." Check it and you'll be able to see if the person has read your message or not.

Otherwise, why did someone not reply to your message? All others could suggest is pure hypothesis.

I personally ignore PMs if they essentially say nothing ("Hi, hows you?" / "Want to do dares?") or start off by telling me their life story ("I'm Bobbington von Bobsula, 22, m.." / "Been doing this for TWENTY years, so I'm awesome. More awesome then anyone else you will talk to here.").

Sometimes I'll be 50/50 on replying I'll check their profile to see how they've used the site. If they have limited posts and no avatar it can make a difference.

The best advice I can really give you is make a thread, in the appropriate section, and get the people to come to you. Be detailed but to the point. Also be active around the site and in the chat room. The more people see you about (where avatars are handy) the more likely they are to pay attention to you.

Masturbation 101:
[22:35:44] BettyBoop: It is really hard to get off.
[22:36:19] BettyBoop: I find that using a small piece of sellotape is the best way

http://ask.fm/muffinfairy
Snap: penis4fuffin {if you wish to snap penis or similar}
Snap: muffinfairy {add your username if spamming me}
KIK: muffinfairy {all rarely checked}

Territory Signature=Close **
muffinfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #9
Athanael
getDare Sweetheart

Almost never had this issue before. It's about the quality of the message, why would a person want to reply to you when they haven't met you before if you can't even send them a good and interesting Private Message?
Athanael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #10
IceMaiden
Truth or Dare Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tc3 View Post
So I have sent a lot of PM's with no responses so I am wondering a couple things.

I really want to find people to trade dares with but no one answers my PM.

Thanks....

1-I've never asked for dares to be pm'd to me, I have accepted some that have been sent my way, however they generally stem from other users reading the threads I've posted requesting dares and private messaging me from there so I can't speak from experience here. However, if I were to hazard a guess,

A-some people have it in their signatures from the "add to your sig" type of games, but generally don't respond to them.

B-As someone else said, many people here want instant gratification. So if you're the 10th person to message them chances are they already found it elsewhere.

2- It depends on the type of message. If someone has zero posts and nothing on their profile yet message me with an interesting and intelligent PM, I will most likely respond, if someone with hundreds of posts and is active and known on the site but messages me with something idiotic/ obviously copy and pasted/ or the "be my mistress!" "bitch be my slave" or a boring, cliché and monotonous dare, I'm not going to answer.
Get a rule from me here.

NOTlooking for a dom/sub or to play a game, exchange dares, pictures etc!
IceMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #11
Kitten
The One & Only

They might have already found someone else to play with, or maybe they're not interested but they don't want to say it straight; And I can understand why. Rejection is often replied to with anger or insults, or whining/begging.

I reply to all PMs worth replying to. It's hard to pinpoint, there's a combination of factors that make a PM worth replying to for me. Positive signs are that the user that has sent it has filled out some of their profile, perhaps made some posts on the forum, and has an avatar that I like. But most important is the content of the message; I want to be able to tell from the PM that they did send it to me specifically (no copy-pasta chefs!) and for what reason, and that they've read my profile or my posts too. If they are also reasonably pleasant and actually have something to say outside of hi/asl/hru then I'll usually respond!
Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:39 PM   #12
Tc3

Interesting insight by all! Thanks for the answers You can PM me any time and I'll answer you haha.
Tc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #13
helen_k

I will take this as a chance for a mini rant. I am a private person and I like to use PMs a lot. I try to reply to most, if not all, PMs and at least say thanks to the person for saying "hi".

The two main things that put me off replying, or make me stop reply after the initial few messages are:

Very bad spelling and grammar. And by this I mean ZERO effort. I am not expert but please try to write more than a few lines and use at least one capital letter and full stop. "hi bby lets chat pm me bk" is not a good start. (Overly long 2000 word essays are off putting too but I will read them if they don't seem to be copy/paste jobs.)

People who are only after one thing. I don't know how many different ways to say "I am not going to tell you to wear a diaper and pee your pants". It's cool to say what you are in to and I respect that. In fact I hate when people refuse to say what they want until they have "trapped me" as they see it. Don't be that guy who can only focus on one single thing and can hardly have a conversation because of it.

Rant over, sorry! Everyone in this thread actually seems like people I would want to PM with... someone will probably PM and I won't reply just to be ironic

PM me toy + a hole of your choice and I will put my vibe in that hole while I browse GD for that session, or until I receive a PM with a different location.
helen_k is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
dares, master, privatemessaging, questions