Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 08:25 AM   #16
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiskyFlame View Post
To me, age doesn't really matter. So what if you are 16 or 17 years old. Someone who's 17 might be mentally 20 years old (= independent or something) when somebody of 20 years old might be metally 17 years old (= childish or naive or something).
It matters to me very much, because, by law, if I were to cam or swap pics with someone under 18 - even if I believed them to be 18+ because they'd lied and looked mature - I could get in serious trouble.

I think it's a shame that getDare doesn't see that as a clear black-and-white issue - the slave/master ads board is overtly sexual and is advertising for actual interactions between people. I've used this site for years but only ever that board because I was uncomfortable with there being underage people in the other forums, and I thought that board was strictly 18+.

I'm 30 but I have been in this scene since I was 15 or 16 - back then it was AOL or Yahoo! chatrooms. It's how I discovered kink. So I do have some sympathy. But for the protection of both sides - over- and under-18s - it should be a very clear rule for that forum. It's surely very simple.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:27 AM   #17
heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTeen View Post
As Red already said, The site wasnt always 18+ so there have been people that signed up before that and they have been allowed to stay. Some of them are still not 18.
My understanding was that it used to be the site wasn't 18+ but certain forums were. As I said, that's the reason I only ever contributed in the master/slave area.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:50 PM   #18
Red
Sona Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathcliff View Post
To me it doesn't exactly support your 18+ policy for that forum. More than once I've contacted people who admit they're actually underage (I always ask again before any sexy chat). If you have '18+'as an option then 'any age' implies readers who may be underage. That's the reason to remove it.
You say that you've found people to be underage more than once yet I only find one instance of you ever reporting someone on the site for being under the age of 18....

Anyway, I'm closing this thread because it's just going in circles.
Closed Thread