Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 09-17-2016, 02:28 PM   #31
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-playmate View Post
Quite frankly, when I meet someone here I want to know, we take it off the site.... using secondary e-mail and Skype addresses to communicate, or Kik if absolutely necessary. The real women are here, they just stay pretty stealthy and communicate with guys who put themselves out there as patient, well-spoken, and sincere.
That is true, but not available for everyone. Personally, I never wanted to share my personal accounts with getDare users. I did not want to risk anyone tracking me down and being able to see my face, etc. Some people are like that as well, even with emails.

PMs are a great tool that is used everyday for tons of people but it is a very neglected section that needs some attention regarding the issues that it surfaces.

23.f | straight | owned

(dis)likes & limits | pm dares

denied by daddy.

hornyyoungslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:34 PM   #32
TomLikesIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornyyoungslut View Post
That is true, but not available for everyone. Personally, I never wanted to share my personal accounts with getDare users. I did not want to risk anyone tracking me down and being able to see my face, etc. Some people are like that as well, even with emails.

PMs are a great tool that is used everyday for tons of people but it is a very neglected section that needs some attention regarding the issues that it surfaces.
That's what are secondary emails etc

I dont like PM's here too much, just because of the weird they get if you dont delete the previous reply. And if you do you need to go looking for the previous messages, and it's pretty tiring. Also the 15pms/hour limit is a bit too small

Likes: Mild Pain, Hidden Public, Gags, Spit, Cum, Spanking

Punishments: Hook-ups, Toothpaste, Toilet Control, Denial, Piss

Limits: CBT, Messy, Hard Pain, Blood, Public, Friends, Family, Scat, Permanent, Face on Pics

Kik: tomlikesitGD
TomLikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #33
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLikesIt View Post
That's what are secondary emails etc

I dont like PM's here too much, just because of the weird they get if you dont delete the previous reply. And if you do you need to go looking for the previous messages, and it's pretty tiring. Also the 15pms/hour limit is a bit too small
... You're not getting my point. Emails in general, whether your primary or secondary, are a nono to some people. Some people are that paranoid of their identity being traced. They use PMs as a way of communication with users.

And it's 60pms/hour. They just do not want you to be spamming people with PMs.

23.f | straight | owned

denied by daddy.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:40 PM   #34
TomLikesIt

Quote:
... You're not getting my point. Emails in general, whether your primary or secondary, are a nono to some people. Some people are that paranoid of their identity being traced. They use PMs as a way of communication with users.

And it's 60pms/hour. They just do not want you to be spamming people with PMs.
Oh, it's 60? I got PM's blocked after 15 once...

Likes: Mild Pain, Hidden Public, Gags, Spit, Cum, Spanking

Punishments: Hook-ups, Toothpaste, Toilet Control, Denial, Piss

Limits: CBT, Messy, Hard Pain, Blood, Public, Friends, Family, Scat, Permanent, Face on Pics

Kik: tomlikesitGD
TomLikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:29 PM   #35
Dr Jones

I find most requests a minor annoyance but have no qualms or problems just ignoring them. So many are from sad desperate boys who don't bother to make a genuine connection by starting with a greeting or checking my likes etc because they are not expecting a reply. Ah well. One can but laugh.

I've sent a few pms to people who look interesting to my purposes, hopefully these were not taken as spam but I had at least offered honest and polite comment and looked up the people before proceeding. As someone earlier said, there is a wealth to choose from and no reason to get caught up with the small fish. :-)

J&M
We're a young hetero couple (27 f & 29 m) from Australia (her) & the US (him) living in tropical Queensland. We're musicians, creative & sporty. No longer very active on this site but still keen for a laugh! xx

Likes: outdoors, public, sailing, tennis, streaking, fun and alternative, drinking, exchanging stories and ideas, games, banter, sports bets

Maybe: pics, giving commands

Dislikes: anal, insertions, pain, messy, prolonged, salad, being submissive, cam, demanding people
Dr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 04:46 PM   #36
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
I'm surprised how many people here don't realize you can create multiple anonymous Skype, email, Kik, etc., that have no personal information and are no more risky than having an account here.
DJ-playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 05:10 PM   #37
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jones View Post
I find most requests a minor annoyance but have no qualms or problems just ignoring them. So many are from sad desperate boys who don't bother to make a genuine connection by starting with a greeting or checking my likes etc because they are not expecting a reply. Ah well. One can but laugh.

I've sent a few pms to people who look interesting to my purposes, hopefully these were not taken as spam but I had at least offered honest and polite comment and looked up the people before proceeding. As someone earlier said, there is a wealth to choose from and no reason to get caught up with the small fish. :-)

J&M
Well you have the least of the issues it seems like. Your account is a joint account of a male & a female, which draws people away from it, for some reason. Most joint accounts on here, in my opinion, don't get the turmoil that a single getDare account user gets. Several girls on here, including myself, are thankful for a day where they aren't harassed by desperate men & even women, begging and trying to force you into submitting or dominating them.

Some people can not take harassment as easy as you may be able to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-playmate View Post
I'm surprised how many people here don't realize you can create multiple anonymous Skype, email, Kik, etc., that have no personal information and are no more risky than having an account here.
Still paranoia is very prominent within new users, as they want communication to be strictly through PMs, and not using any other means of communication, even if it is "anonymous." I was that way and I've grown out of it a bit, but it is still there to an extent.

23.f | straight | owned

denied by daddy.

Old 09-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #38
LitDarkness
Truth or Dare Zealot

It's annoying at times but it knows to expect that. (Tip:if you want less of them-get a male avatar, most don't read signatures.)

It probably does overwhelm new members but there's really not much that can be done about it. Best would be as someone said earlier-reporting and staff for pms.

(By the way, it believes mods can read pms considering you can report pms already.)

30/1,603 edges+ 2 more days of denial after edges
Make My Denial Harder
Denial Diary
6,000th post tasks and reports

Likes + Limits
Stuff I Can Use for Dares
BDSM Test Results
PM DARES
Stories & Poems

Spelling or Grammar Mistake: Let Me Know
Help Break My Cursing Habit

Live with people and do not own toys. Keep in mind when daring me please.

Not your bitch and calling me names or trying to Dom me is probitted. Violators will be declared as idiots.
LitDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:23 AM   #39
little pet
getDare Succubus

The second I joined, I got showered with unsolicited pm's. Lot of male subs, but also wannabe masters thinking they've got the domination thing down by just being rude and obscene.

The thing that makes me want to bash my head into a brick wall is when I reply I'm not interested in owning any of them because my sig clearly states I have an owner, and they answer something like: "oh well, just thought I'd give it a try"... really? Are they that dumb?

It's like it's open hunting season with these guys all the time. When will they learn that desperate is the most unattractive feature.

My DIY thread

My stories
My Art
My Blog
Toys I own

Likes: Humiliation, gags, anal, clamps, hidden public, spanking, cornertime, bondage, pet play, denial, messy.
Dislikes: Pacifier, nettles, crotchropes, toothpaste, atm, pee control, line writing, tack bra and panties, ice cubes.
Limits: scat, pictures/video, family, public
little pet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:19 AM   #40
Kell

I was literally thinking this maybe less than a month ago. I had a time where when I was messaging people and getting to know others, I just saw a massive ration of (m/sub/--) or whatever. And just had a feeling like. I honestly do now feel sorry for all the females that just want to enjoy this site. But with so many guys just being subs and whatnot, it's scaring a lot of females away with as stated before, all the "Please be my mistress" etc etc. I mean sure, no harm in guys being subs by all means. But so, 'so' many are just straight up rude and abusive about it because it didn't go how they wanted it. And yet half the time it's just because they want to get their jollies off or something.. Just my 2c worth on this anyways~
Old 09-18-2016, 09:00 AM   #41
sir stefan
Account Banned

Quote:

Still paranoia is very prominent within new users, as they want communication to be strictly through PMs, and not using any other means of communication, even if it is "anonymous." I was that way and I've grown out of it a bit, but it is still there to an extent.
I can understand that paranoia, and to some extend its justified.
When setting up a gmail account on your phone it can very well accidentally happen that your real name gets attached to it.
I actually had that happen with a sub i was communicating with.
To be honest, i felt very guilty.
I had asked to switch to gmail after having used pm for a week or so, and then her real name showed up.
I never abused it, but i can soo very imagine how afraid she was... Especially since that happened after we we communicating for only 1 week.

Personally i strictly use my second gmail account via a browser different from my normal browser
sir stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:07 AM   #42
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub.lucy View Post
..It's like it's open hunting season with these guys all the time. When will they learn that desperate is the most unattractive feature.
More than likely, never. I've had similar situations and it's just ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell View Post
.. But so, 'so' many are just straight up rude and abusive about it because it didn't go how they wanted it. And yet half the time it's just because they want to get their jollies off or something.. Just my 2c worth on this anyways~
That is becoming more of a problem, I think. I know a few females have quit the site because they feel attacked by men getting angry that they are rejecting their requesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir stefan View Post
I can understand that paranoia, and to some extend its justified.
When setting up a gmail account on your phone it can very well accidentally happen that your real name gets attached to it.
I actually had that happen with a sub i was communicating with.
To be honest, i felt very guilty.
I had asked to switch to gmail after having used pm for a week or so, and then her real name showed up.
I never abused it, but i can soo very imagine how afraid she was... Especially since that happened after we we communicating for only 1 week.

Personally i strictly use my second gmail account via a browser different from my normal browser
I think it is justified. Especially if you are new, you don't want your newly found lifestyle to be exploited to someone's will and have your identity & safety put at risk.

I would be scared out of my mind! It's a good thing that you never abused it because if that was never the intention of displaying her real name, then I would not have wanted to share any information with anyone ever again through getDare!

23.f | straight | owned

denied by daddy.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:39 AM   #43
sir stefan
Account Banned

Quote:
I would be scared out of my mind! It's a good thing that you never abused it because if that was never the intention of displaying her real name, then I would not have wanted to share any information with anyone ever again through getDare!
It IS scary like hell.
That is why i wanted to say this, just to let others know.
Not abusing is just naturally, i dont even consider it "good", more like "extremely bad" if one would. But still,... If she would have hit one of the morons we are discussing here...........

(And just for the record, no, it is not my pet who made this mistake, we still don't know each others rl)

Having said all this.....
And now?........ Will we ask a modification?... Like what?.... Or for now just ranting about it (could be ok)? ..... Make a poll?... Just learn how to efficiently deal with it?
sir stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 09:47 AM   #44
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
..Having said all this.....
And now?........ Will we ask a modification?... Like what?.... Or for now just ranting about it (could be ok)? ..... Make a poll?... Just learn how to efficiently deal with it?
I was hoping that a getDare staff member would look at this thread and some proposed ideas, specifically at staff for certain areas of the site, and chime in on their thoughts, as to what is & isn't possible.

23.f | straight | owned

denied by daddy.

Old 09-18-2016, 09:48 AM   #45
little pet
getDare Succubus

Quote:
It IS scary like hell.
That is why i wanted to say this, just to let others know.
Not abusing is just naturally, i dont even consider it "good", more like "extremely bad" if one would. But still,... If she would have hit one of the morons we are discussing here...........

(And just for the record, no, it is not my pet who made this mistake, we still don't know each others rl)

Having said all this.....
I did read something about reputation on getdare, but maybe it's an old topic I found on Google.
Good or bad reputations could be earned by other people voting on it. It showed up in the user profile. Seems like a good idea; if someone
makes a nuisance of himself, you should be able to give a negative vote, that shows up publicly.

My DIY thread

My stories
My Art
My Blog
Toys I own

Likes: Humiliation, gags, anal, clamps, hidden public, spanking, cornertime, bondage, pet play, denial, messy.
Dislikes: Pacifier, nettles, crotchropes, toothpaste, atm, pee control, line writing, tack bra and panties, ice cubes.
Limits: scat, pictures/video, family, public
little pet is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
slaves, subs