Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 03-15-2018, 07:58 AM   #1
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

Question getDare Tell all

1. What is your favorite section of the site and why?

2. What is your least favorite section of the site?

3. Who is/are your favorite blogger(s) on getDare?

4. What is your favorite thread on getDare? (It can be one you like to post in often or just like to read every now and again.)

5. What do you wish getDare had more of?

6. What do you wish getDare had less of?

7. What sort of features do you wish getDare would add?

8. Do you visit any profiles on a regular basis? If so, who/why?

9. What types of threads keep your interest?

10. What do you think should be in peoples signatures?

11. Do you get unsolicited pms often?

12. Do you prefer to get to know people through pm or through other forms of communication? (ex: kik, skype, line, whatsapp.)

13. Are you okay with sending photos, videos, or recordings? Why/why not?

14. If you keep any portion of your profile private, like your blogs or visitors wall, what’s the reasoning behind it?

15. Do you get creeped out when you see the same few names always popping up in your recent visitors?

16. If you were able to vote someone in to be a moderator, who would you choose?

17. What’s one rule you wish getDare would get rid of?

18. Whats one rule you wish getDare would enforce more often?

19. What do you look for when looking through the s/m advertisements?

20. In the chat, so you prefer whispers or private chats?

21. In the blog section, what are your favorite types of blogs to read?

22. Would you ever be interested in a group meetup with other members of getDare? If so, what would be your ideal meet up scenario?

23. What types of request TORD threads keep your interest?

24. Is there any particular thread you wish more people would comment on? If so, leave a link below! (If you see someone else post a thread, please do a good deed and try to participate there in some way.)

25. Is there anyone you’ve seen around getDare that you’d like to see more posts/blogs/chat from?

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.

Last edited by Butterfly; 03-15-2018 at 10:49 AM.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 10:49 AM   #2
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

I would definetly have to say that the blog section is my favorite. I love to write, so it gives me a great outlet for that. As well, I like learning about other people and other kinks and relationships. I find I learn the most from people by reading their blogs and commenting on them.

Probably the person above dares. Just because it does NOT appeal to me at all. I would much rather accept a dare from a friend or somebody who takes the time to get to know me better.

A lot of my favorite bloggers are no longer around. Some of my current favorites are Jaroface, IceMaiden and AbusiveMaster. Of course, when Mr. Devious writes it makes my heart sing. But mostly I love to read very detailed reports, or well written blogs on interesting subjects.

4. What is your favorite thread on getDare? (It can be one you like to post in often or just like to read every now and again.)
I don't participate in the threads often, but I really like the Share the Burden Thread.

Hmmm ... interesting bloggers. The blog section seems to be mostly just likes/limits or toys lists or PM Dares. We need more people to blog.

Idiots.

I would love to see a different section for Mentorship/Education (I am a little bias). Also some improved chat features would be fun.

I visit profiles of my play partners pretty often. Otherwise, I will randomly check out a profile of somebody new that I meet in chat, or come across in a blog or thread that I find interesting.

I like really interesting sets of truths (like this one) or ones that are well thought out and fun and dynamic.

It is always helpful to have a little information about the person: age, sex, location,
role etc. It is nice to know if they are in a relationship or looking (maybe a link to an ad). It is very helpful to have links or lists to their likes/limits. Other optional things would be links to PM Dares, AMA or interesting threads about them.

Fairly often.

12. Do you prefer to get to know people through pm or through other forms of communication? (ex: kik, skype, line, whatsapp.)
I always like to exchange a few PMs before switching to another form of communication but I much prefer other applications for live chat.

I have a lot of photos and recordings posted here and on kinktalk. Usually I will not provide anybody with anything more than what is posted on my profile, unless we discuss that privately. Even with my play partners, I do not react well to having photos or recordings demanded of me. I am very self conscious and it takes a lot of courage, a bit of editing, and a lot of self build up to post each and every one of my photos and audio recordings.

14. If you keep any portion of your profile private, like your blogs or visitors wall, what’s the reasoning behind it?
I keep certain blogs private as well as an entire album private. The blogs are kept private if they contain information or photos that may share too much personal information about me, or if they are on a delicate topic. My private album contains photos of my face as well as my tattoos and other things that may easily identify me.

15. Do you get creeped out when you see the same few names always popping up in your recent visitors?
Not usually. Unless I know that person is creepy already to begin with.

16. If you were able to vote someone in to be a moderator, who would you choose?
I would choose Mr. Devious. Not only because he is my husband, but because he is a great, long standing member, who loves this site and who likes to be helpful. He is very kind and fair and doesn't get worked up over a whole lot. However he does take the rules seriously. It would also help me to have my husband be privy to the information that I deal with, and it would help us work together.

Hmm ... The 16 character rule in certain threads is very annoying. Also, not really a "rule" but I would love to change the format of the ad section.

I wish there were clearer rules surrounding the chat and then it would be easier to enforce them.

I look for a well written ad. Something that has some effort put behind it: proper spelling, grammar, sentences and punctuation, and at least a few paragraphs. I like it to tell me who the person is, what they expect, what they are looking for, and how to contact them.

I absolutely HATE private chats. I would much rather whisper with somebody.

Well written reports and blogs about helpful or interesting topics.

22. Would you ever be interested in a group meetup with other members of getDare? If so, what would be your ideal meet up scenario?
HELL YES!!!!! I have actually tried to arrange a meet up in the past. I have been semi succesful in arranging to have a group of gD friends meet at a kink event this summer. I am really looking forward to it.

Ideally, I would love to have either a big house or hotel rented and the rooms filled with getDare members.
Different events could be planned throughout the span of the weekend: littles movie time, DIY kink project,
rope tying, and a play party ... etc.

I really don't participate in these threads often. Usually only if I know the person.

24. Is there any particular thread you wish more people would comment on? If so, leave a link below! (If you see someone else post a thread, please do a good deed and try to participate there in some way.)
The share the burden thread: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=279068

25. Is there anyone you’ve seen around getDare that you’d like to see more posts/blogs/chat from?

YOU!!!! Lola.fox you need to write more! I love your writing. Also my Dom Mr. Devious. He lurks a lot and participates in chat, but I would love to see more blogs from him.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #3
Dice7
getDare Addict

Dice dare section is probably my favourite but AMA, person above, tord request and truth are all fun to browse

I don't browse sections I don't use so pretty much all the sections I didn't mention I think

I don't really browse blogs, I tend to look for dare reports on the actual forum part of the site

No one thread springs to mind but the dice dare 'male genitorture' is probably a dare I've done more than any other out of enjoyment

Real women not cat-fishing or attention seeking men

Catfishing/fake accounts!

I always think its a shame that in the person above section there isn't a lot of ways to report on dares done, thank good dare givers or give feedback. I'd also personally like to see some sort of rating or karma system so people who give good dares, people who do dares and give good reports etc can be seen to be good 'sports' and people who give bad dares, are rude, difficult, don't report etc can be seen as bad 'sports'

Not really, I guess just people I miss on here like Bettyboop and muffinfairy to see if they have been active or not

Mmmm anything daring or competitive is interesting

age, sex (as sometimes you can't tell from name or avatar) and likes limits

no

Not really, what evers easiest for the person I guess

Yes and no. Theres some people on here who I share a lot of information about my life with so with them I find it hard to give pictures etc but in general as long as the darer isn't too pushy and specific in what I want. The ideal situation for me is "here is your dare and please provide proof you have done it" so that proof can be as simple as a pile of your clothes on the grass for an outdoor dare, or something like that

No, I don't really get why people do but I'm interested to read and find out!

I don't pay attention to that at all

me? lol no one in particular I don't think its a thing that should be shown as any kind of honour, its a vital job that needs to be done by people who know how

Not 'wish' but getdare could be a lot more 18+ in my opinion, gets a bit annoying switching between getdare and kinktalk just for albums for example

Nothing in particular

I dont

n/a

Only time I tend to go there is to see peoples likes/limits or pm dares

Think that might be a bit weird

Young attractive women who post proof pictures?? Lol joking aside any request thread has the potential to be interesting

I know Rachie is amazing but she doesn't post too much

Unsure: pee, anal, pic/audio proof, dildo sucking/swallow

Dislikes:light crossdress, edging/denial, extreme humiliation, full public, mild ass2mouth, ball torture

Limits: Diapers, scat, full cross dress, pics/videos that identify me
PM/KIK DARES https://bit.ly/2X8Od9N
EXPOSE MEhttps://bit.ly/3AxE70x
Dice7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:40 PM   #4
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

Truth section. I really like both asking and answering questions there. I feel like it is the section with the most "bang for buck".

Chat room. I was never big on chatting, especially not in a group. I can't focus and besides I never know what to talk about. This is no different than in real life actually. A one-on-one conversation is hard for me too but can be nice. In a group: rarely if ever fun.

Butterfly, IceMaiden, AbusiveMaster, little pet, Cassandra

I don't think I have a favorite. Threads are fleeting.

More serious people who actually respond to dares and give reports. People who like TORD because of the interaction, not just a cheap way to get dares.

Horny dudes who keep harassing women and can't take no for an answer.

Show gender and age (if you choose so) under your avatar to the left of a post. It baffles me that such basic info can not be shown in a consistent manner.
It would also be nice if you could 'follow' people. Meaning you'd be notified if a friend posts something.

Butterfly's and IceMaiden's. To see if they posted anything or to see what new pictures have been posted on their profile.

TORD request threads of people who actually respond to and report on the dares that they get. Those are very rare.
Also really good truth threads with in-depth answers given.

Age, sex (although I wish those basics could just be shown automatically under the avatar), main likes and limits and how they like to play

No, rarely if ever.

I prefer IM or email. I find the getDare PM system far from ideal to have a conversation. IM is best but email is better too because it lets me read and reply directly from my phone. getDare is far from ideal to use on a phone.

Only to my misses, because I trust them to keep it private.

No. I don't see any reason to as I don't put any compromising info on there.

No. Why would I? I never understood why people don't like people visiting their profile. You have a profile so people can visit it right? What's the issue?

Maybe little pet? She's often around and it seems she could be good at it: fair and just.

The no-nudity rule. I know this is an American site and American nudity laws are very strict but I think this one makes absolutely no sense. This is a kink site. People post about sex and kink. It's 18+ and heavily moderated so what's the issue?

None I can think of.

I mainly browse those to have a laugh. To see a newbie member without any info or history post and ad saying nothing more than "I'm a strict mistress looking for a new slave who's balls I can torture" and then seeing all the replies from ignorant horny dudes pouring in.

I don't chat

The ones about a particular kink experience or opinions on certain kinks

Yes I think I would. I am not sure about the scenario though. Probably just keep it a vanilla get-together with maybe a barbecue. I feel that if it were kink-themed, far fewer people would come. But that might be an idea for a follow-up meeting.

The ones where the requester actually responds to and reports on the dares they get. These are so rare that I rarely respond to TORD requests anymore and if I do, I only do to the once by people I know.

This thread really needs responding my somebody serious ASAP: Searching for a co-dom

Yes, you. I love the bunch of threads you just posted. They're a breath of fresh air so please do that again some time!

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 05:59 AM   #5
silverdarknight
getDare Devil

I'm gonna cheat with this answer slightly.
The User Control Panel.

The one click shop for tracking all the current threads I am curious about or have posted in recently.

I also use the "unread Posts" search to pick up new and interesting threads, although I do have a tendency to skim read those results.

Probably the 'person above' themes. It's an interesting idea, but due to the lack of control over responses tends to have disappointing results, and few posters seem interested in following up.

'Loser has to' has similar issues, but you have a bit more control over the task you may get there and you get the suspense of not knowing who gets to do it for a while so it works a bit better.

I can't really answer this, as I don't really follow the blogs as 'separate' from the main forum. I'll click on them to see if there is new content, but tend to treat it similarly to posts on the main board.

So yes, I will be more interested in posts by people I know - but I don't really have a 'favourite blogger' per se.

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=92220

This one. It's an incredibly well written tease task that I find myself giving out time and time again.

Cake?
Teddy bears?

Asshats.

Yes, it's an internet forum and Drooling Hordes, misogynistic wankers etc kinda comes with the territory. But that doesn't justify such behaviour, and it doesn't make abusing female users in the way they frequently are right or acceptable.

I know many people have said "pics please" as the answer to this, but I disagree. I think GD works so well because it's a text based environment, and that moving it to an explicit 18+ picture site would diminish that.

i'd like to be able to 'subscribe' to users as well as forum threads so I can see what my friends are posting more easily, but that's nit picking.

Oh hell yeah.

I'll check out the profiles of any new users/posters that look interesting, and I frequently find myself wandering around the profiles of people I can currently chatting with in order to check likes, recent posts, etc.

Unsurprisingly, threads by my friends.

But also task threads by active users in general - it's nice to be able to vicariously enjoy other peoples mischief.

10. What do you think should be in peoples signatures?Likes/Dislikes/Etc is very handy.

Otherwise, well, it's up to them - what do they want me to see? PM dares? Blog posts? Active threads? Their favourite cheese?

Something that catches my attention and makes me want to chat to them.

Nah. I'm a bloke.

Because GD gives me email notification of PMs, here actually works quite well for me. I get the notification, and can check in. It saves me running a Brazilian IM clients.

I'm kinda contradictory on this one.

I do enjoy looking at pictures of people doing rude things especially for me. That's hot.

But the internet has a very long memory, so I can entirely understand why people are nervous about such things (and I am for similar reasons) so try to be sympathetic if people don't want to.

The internet has a long memory, and deep pockets. I tend to default to 'readership restricted' rather than 'public domain' for most things.

If it is relevant to you, we've probably spoken and you are probably on the readership list.

Can't say I have actually checked, but nah. I find myself checking people's profiles frequently, so won't be surprised to find people checking mine.

Modding is a thankless job that few people appreciate because it mostly happens behind closed doors and it involves a lot of dealing with other people's shit.

I wouldn't volunteer anyone for that who didn't step forwards themselves.

None. I can't say I've noticed anything that struck me as 'that's a silly rule' so I'd say you are good.

Again, the mod team seem pretty active and efficient at dealing with everything.

A more aggressive stance on general trolling maybe? But that's a really fine like to find and I don't think you are that far off the mark as it is.

Sex, location, common interests, plausibility.

I don't tend to use the Chat. PMs work quite nicely for me.

Probably reports, but it's a fine line. A lot of the stuff that ends up in the blogs does tend to be quite well written posts.

I would, and am.

And, err, at least one of them may have recently happened. One of the other members agreed to meet me for a play session, and it was great.

Same as for other threads really.

I dunno. My old dusty add maybe? Clearly I need more people to torment.

Nah. Yes, there are users I miss. Many of them. But I'm not going to go dragging them back here just because they have moved on.
And it's a similar thing with the currently active users - I'm happy to let them do what interests them, and if it interests me as well - great.

Likes:Enthusiasm, Pain, CBT, Spankings, Humiliation, disgusting, chemical play, sissy, pics(others), (&)
Dislikes: Public, pee, pics(me), anal, (&)
Limits: Stupid, Exposure, Rules, bondage, Long tasks, social suicide, (&)
Bonus features: My rules(#), 'wanted' ad & many questions.
&=More details on Likes/Dislikes etc here
*=Full 'how to' details & rules here

Last edited by silverdarknight; 03-17-2018 at 06:56 AM. Reason: formatting change for readability.
silverdarknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:44 AM   #6
lilith_
getDare Devil

My favorite section is the blogs, there are some really interesting writings there. Also, I like writing and I'm trying to be active on that section.

The dare section is most of the times full of ignorance, fuckboys and dullness.

Butterfly!

I like the AMA kind of threads and answering questions. Some are interesting, like yours :P

Intelligent people

Desparate, rude subs and Doms

More roles other than slave and master. I think it would be easier to find partners when people can choose their exact role in their profile and ad. Also, more genders and sexual orientations would be good.

I'm a stalker and stalkers never reveal their secrets.

Threads that aren't full of people begging to be abused using terrible grammar.

Just a little summary of themselves, links that point out their likes/dislikes/limits and something catchy/funny to draw attention.

Oh, God.... Yes.

Kik is easy to use so I prefer kik. Also, I like checking out people's blogs if they have them.

If the other person is my friend and I trust them, yes.

No

YES. Not gonna name people but there's one specific dude that I see on everyone's profiles

No idea

No idea

Underage little shits don't belong hereeeee

I don't look at those.

I'm new to the chat, I don't know what whispers are :P

Personal and erotica

Eh, that's a nice idea but I doubt I trust people in this site enough to actually meet them irl. With a few exceptions of course. A big bdsm event would be nice.

None.

I'd like to see people more active in the blogs.

Me, lol

last orgasm: november 2022
my discord server: how to get in
wanna message me? my usernames
lilith_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 11:43 AM   #7
qmu
getDare Devil

Oh! Fun ranty truth thread!

The blog section. Even if I don't comment much, either by not being close to people writing or to not thinking I may have something to contribute I find it enlightening and really interesting to read about other people's experiences and perspectives about several things, even just venting about life stuff.

The chat, both because I dislike public chats in general, because of one really bad experiences I had with it and because of the fact it's pretty outdated by today's standards.

I don't think I have a favorite, but I always keep an eye open for Butterfly's and sir sam's posts. Both offer some refreshing takes on some topics constantly.

Share the Burden by far. I loved when I was active there, specially the community feeling it gave, the interesting tasks and the interaction between people, as well as the small reports people usually wrote about it.

On a technical level, I think it needs more active mods/adms, not because of problems, but because it would be fun to have offial community events and such. But for that way more staff would be needed not to overburden people.
Also ways to track people's posts or when friends open new threads and a better search engine.

On a ranty level, I'd like to see a better separation of the BDSM part and dare part of the site. I know both are interconnected, but here it's too blured together. I think people looking for casual silly dare playing (even the more sexual ones) look for different things than people looking for D/s relationships or one-off sessions, which can lead to strange and bad interactions.

Pretty impossible to achieve, and I know I am guilty of this too, but I wish there were less cliques, that the site was more integrated and uniform. While it's great fun for people who are friendly to each other to keep posting on each other's threads and such, it creates - at least for me - an intimidating atmosphere where it's pretty hard to meet new people or get into "new groups". Also, less people without common sense or that post crazy or borderline abusive stuff as dares.

A better search engine, update vBulletin, way to track friend's posts/new threads.
Maybe separate blog sections for "real blogs" and Likes/Dislikes/Limits, PM Dares, Test results, thread count tracking and such.

When people I am friendly with have open threads or I am posting in a active thread with regular users I check their profile to see their lasts posts. Obviously I check the profile of people I post tasks for =p

Nowdays? Mostly threads open by friends or ones I am asked to post in. I got a little disheartened with gD some months ago because most people don't seek the kinda interaction I do with other people. Like playful teasing/playing and getting t know each other, not "post a dare and get out". Some truth threads are cool too, but to me most are generic and not at all interesting... and 100% of the time they do not generate interaction or feedback, you post it for other people to read and that's it.

Honestly? Whatever they want within rules and that are not gigantic in size. You don't need to have a signature explicitaly saying "not looking for dares" for people to not send random dares and such as most females here complain.
But for people actively posting/looking for dares, basic stuff like age/sex and links to likes/limits/etc always help. Their interests on the site and threads they opened, threads they like and PM Dares always help too.

Nah, basically never get PMs from strangers =p

I don't really mind, PMs are enough if both want to make the effort to get to known each other, and have worked for me in the past. But nowadays a lot of the people I met here I am friends with and talk to regurlary is through some external messenger.

Only if I truly trust the person.

I don't, just disabled the wall because I think it's a useless feature and having it only having random messages of people who never talked to me with PM Dares and bot spam was making me sad. Also, I think the "About" section being the first in a Profile makes for a better experience.

Nah, the people that usually constantly appear on my profile are the ones who I talk with anyway, so it's pretty obvious they are checking something, posts, PM Dares for friendly teasing or something like that.
I didn't check that much until it was pointed to me recently, but I don't even know how recent visitors work as I usually get way more views than new people that viewed it o.o

I am not comfortable to appoint someone because it is a pretty big time burden, so whoever wanted to must show interest themselves, not being pressured into it.

While the 16 characters/post and 30 seconds between posts are annoying, I understand are needed because of spam and bots and such.
I like that nudity is forbidden, I would not like to see pics every other thread or avatar. Nudity linking though, given the nature of the site I don't get. I think external linking with correct advertisement of it being NSFW (not direct images) would make sense. I mean, it is allowed for kinktalk, doesn't make much sense for it to being banned I think.

I think the mods enforce the rules well enough given the limitations of too few active mods and need for proof. (by that I mean mods should not ban users being reported for being underage without proof for example, not that I think any of them do that)

I don't, but if I did, knowing more about the people outside of kinky stuff to get a feel for their personality. The few times I went to the s/m ads for curiosity, so many focus too much on kinky stuff you have no idea how they actually are.

I am sorry, but I sincerely hate the chat =/

Blogs that discuss D/s questions, insights of people about a certain topic, reports about new experiences. I specially love people's insights over different topics, it is truly interesting to see how people view certain things like "why do people like X", "why do I like X", "what does X means for me". It's usually refreshing and helps me learn more about myself to see the different perspectives and feelings/emotions people have towards certain things.

I also love and random silly/life stuff that makes you giggle or that gives more insight into the active users here, or well written/funny reports.

With random people? No. With the people I became friends with? I'd jump at the opportunity.

The ones my friends make for obvious reasons. Also the ones that have a more complex premise, different games or setups that promote interaction are always fun. [rant mode] Actually, anything that is not the "post punishments for this slut" that rarely even acknoledge you posted something have the potential to be something good, granted the original poster interact with people on the thread posting reports, opinions, sugestions, etc.

Currently? I don't post enough to say that, but I used to love the Share the Burden thread and it seems to be a little dead lately, so a revival would be great.

Mostly people I became friends with that stopped posting or quit the site. But lately I've also mostly stopped posting and only lurk/reply to PMs so I can't complain and will not name anyone out of respect.
  • I am in my late twenties
  • I have no idea what my sexuality is, something in the middle of bi, pan and asexual
  • I really like books, games, role playing, swords and silly/cute things
  • My likes/dislikes/limits and PM Dares need rewriting... but I am lazy and don't think will need them soon
  • Damion is this awesome guy who is my friend and master
qmu

Last edited by qmu; 03-17-2018 at 11:46 AM.
qmu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 08:58 AM   #8
sir sam
Distinguished Member

Blog section,
Seems to have real people And interesting to read how others are doing.

Chat. Its not bad but i simply have not time for it. I very rarely on and often just see meaningless chatter.

My pet of course ,
And jaroface, Cassandra, iheartsfun,. Few others (don’t be mad if your not mentioned). Any serious blog I like.

No favorite now.
Games that take long are fun.

Serious people, good tasks, good reports

Assholes, dorks, ..

Able to like a blog. Able to get notice if a friend posts something.
Oh and really would like to see gender next to avatar, it’s such a burden to check a profile for that if it’s not in the signature.

My pet’s. Check whether she is naughty. Check whether she did something extraordinary amazing.

To be honest, I read them less these days. But... inventive punishment threads.

Gender, preference, maybe likes/dislikes but having them linked is also ok.

About 1x per month.

Get to know by pm. Later gmail and hangouts.
But, don’t try, I am quite exclusive with my pet.

Nope. Privacy is a valuable thing.

I sometimes get my visitor section for friends only because I got some annoying spam. Spam in pm is bad, on visitor it’s visible for everybody.

Nope, I’m actually always curious to “why” they visit me.
The strangest thing is that I have about 2x more visitors than my pet while my pet is female and very creative. I really wonder why.

Wedgiebondagebabe, cassandra.
Frequent online, emotionally stable, reliable, able to step aside from the action.

None, it’s fine like this.
Please no nude pics!!
There are many sites with nude pics!
Adding nude pics would likely kill all nice text content.

Kill multiple accounts.
I had someone completely ruining a threadgame that I was hosting by playing with multiple accounts.
This was not just “childish” but really emotionally hurting the others that went through a lot of pain to play fair.
One of the reasons Creating a challenging game is “difficult” is because of Fraudes. (But making an interesting game is hard in itself also)

Never look. But sometimes read just from curiosity.
Detailed adds are interesting.
Check whether they are serious.

Don’t chat

Opinion on some controversial topic.
Insight on something strange.

I would not for reason of privacy.
Also I think that I would only like to meet just a very small amount of people. And I’m afraid it could “pop the balloon”

Request a punishment, especially if it is something creative or abnormal.

Not now.

Ahh...
Let’s say: my full friendlist,
But,.. those who don’t have their reasons.
Often Rl is important.

Proud owner of sweet little pet

Want to read? my pets 2016-awarded story

Last edited by sir sam; 03-18-2018 at 09:00 AM.
sir sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 10:29 AM   #9
perkygirlie
Prodigy

Send a message via ICQ to perkygirlie Send a message via AIM to perkygirlie Send a message via Yahoo to perkygirlie

The chatroom. I've always enjoyed it since I first joined the site, and have made some good friends there.

All of the random kik/skype threads. It's fine to share your username privately, but sharing with the whole world is not only trying too hard, but it takes members away from the site, and we don't get to see all of the dares that could be posted

A lot of my favorite bloggers are no longer around or haven't been blogging as much lately. Of the current bloggers, I'd have to say Butterfly and IceMaiden are my favorites.

That's really hard to say, becausr it changes from week to week. Lately I've been a fan of Butterfly's mentorship series.

Happy, friendly kinksters that enjoy a good conversation. Not tgat there aren't any, but the ratio of trolls to conversationalists is skewed.

Trolls looking for nothing more than a cheap excuse to cum.

Heightened site security, updated backend, and an active Site Admin, or at least a few more people who could Admin the site.

Old friends to see if they're still active, new people that PM me, that I see in chat, or that post to threads that interest me.

It really depends on my mood. If I'm feeling more thoughtful, I prefer truth threads like this, or blogs. When I'm feeling both thoughtful and playful, I love creating complex dares. When I'm more silly and playful, I love Person Above or Add/Word Assignment threads.

Blatantly copying Butterfly on this one, because I like her summary: It is always helpful to have a little information about the person: age, sex, location, role etc. It is nice to know if they are in a relationship or looking (maybe a link to an ad). It is very helpful to have links or lists to their likes/limits. Other optional things would be links to PM Dares, AMA or interesting threads about them.

Yes, but far less frequently than I used to. I think that's a good thing.

I prefer to go through someone's profile, blog, AMA, personal ads, and other posts before I talk to them. Then, I usually PM for a while to really get to know/trust them, before switching to either Kik or Line.

In general, I don't show photos or videos to someone unless I really like/trust them. Even then, I usually limit it to "PG" photos. I've had bad experiences with photos getting leaked on social media before, and would prefer for it not to happen again.

Once again copying Butterfly, because we think similarly. I keep certain blogs private and my only album private. The blogs are kept private if they contain information that may share too much personal information about me, or if they are on a delicate topic. My private album contains photos of my face and other things that may easily identify me.

Nope. I don't really pay attention to it, and even if I did, big deal, someone's reading my profile. That's better than spamming me dare requests without ever seeing my profile or getting to know me.

I think IceMaiden and Alias. Both are long-time members of the site who know a lot of memvers, pist a lot, and have always been extremely nice to me.

The 16 character rule, 30 second rule, and 5 minute rule. I understand that they're there to try to encourage higher quality posts and maintain database stability, but they're annoying on "Add" threads. Then again, I wish there were just a feature to allow multiple votes from the same user, so that the threads could be tallied easily and not have to hold so much text/so many posts.

This is more of a feature request, but I wish there was a function to ignore PMs from particular users, like a "not friends" list. It would keep annoying users that won't go away from flooding my inbox.

Once again copying Butterfly, because she says it perfectly. I look for a well written ad. Something that has some effort put behind it: proper spelling, grammar, sentences and punctuation, and at least a few paragraphs. I like it to tell me who the person is, what they expect, what they are looking for, and how to contact them. Even though I'm not looking, I scan ads and compliment ones that do an exceptional job.

I HATE private chat requests. I use a mobile device to access the site, and private chats don't work/suck on mobile. Even if it worked better, I wouldn't want to leave the main chat to chat with one person; that's what messenger clients are for. The requests themselves also pop up and annoying screen and block the chat. I would much rather whisper with somebody, and eventually switch to a messenger client.

The posters' opinions, suggestions, or helpful hints about various kinks.

Probably not. While I'm very vocal here, I'm incredibly shy in person. Plus, while Mistress tolerates/endulges my like and participation in the site, She's not that into it, and i wouldn't go to an event without Her.

Refer to #9

Pretty much every "Add" thread; check recent posts. I won't list them all here because it changes from week to week.

Any of the Cool Kids. In particular, I miss Depp, Leopard, BettyBoop, and Manbearpig. I also miss Mandi and Dare, but I can always kik them. Let me just reiterate that I really miss Depp

Spoiler:
If you're in a denial thread, add 1 day of denial. :rolleyes:
This spoiler only counts once per thread per day.

perkygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #10
vukolva

Probably the blogs, it's really interesting to read about people's thoughts about things both in their normal life and their kink life too.
the people that are here that don't read posts properly and just aren't really genuine
butterfly, lilith_, jaroface, they're the main ones that come to mind
the intersting truth threads, and person above video game dare is one i check often
more people to talk to about kink related interests without either side thinking they want play, just like discussions
fuckboys
groups that you could join depending on your interests, kinda like fetlife but not just for posting, so you can easily see what people are into and find likeminded people to talk about
not really apart from the people i talk to often on Kik, and just to check if they update any info or blogs
extended discussions
at minimum their age, gender, country/state, sexual orientation,
likes/limits or a link to them

not that much really, i used to get a lot on kik
i prefer kik or google hangouts over PM/email just because i prefer instant messaging, but i do still use PM too with people i talk a lot to
yes, but only to people i trust and i trust them not to share them around
i don't think anything i have is set to private
nah, i have no issues with it
if people want to be modded i feel like they should volunteer for the role and then be voted in
16 character rule for posts, the time limit between sending PMs too quickly
none that i can think of
good descriptions of what the person is looking for and a brief description of the person so you can skip the obvious questions
private chats, they're less messy
definitely lifestyle ones from people who actively practice
i dont feel like i know/talk to enough members to meet up
well thought out tasks or ideas that also include reports so you can see the progress of what happens
honestly AMAs, there's a lot of genuine users with AMAs that seem to go unnoticed but i think it would be good if people could add to them more
25. Is there anyone you’ve seen around getDare that you’d like to see more posts/blogs/chat from? most of the staff members, and people who post lifestyle blogs/posts, but i feel too shy to strike up conversation in case they're busy
vukolva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 12:10 PM   #11
Aethi
getDare Sweetheart

Sport Soccer

Quote:
The dare section. I'm a writer, so I use a lot of that stuff for inspiration.

Quote:
The D/s section. Always creeps me out.

Quote:
N/A

Quote:
In terms of community, I think the Never-ending Dare is one of the best things. Simple enough, but also gets people engaged. As for personal preference, I can't decide on one, so I'm giving four. But they're formatting, so!

In no particular order:
The Beginner Friendly Denial Lifestyle Dare, v2 (plus my terrible replies as I fail to understand). I love the way the denial compounds on itself, but starts out slowly. I also love how there's an aspect of randomness to it.

Minor Dare: One Layer Clothing Limit I adore this one. Simple but daring in subtle ways, and it plays off my love of "rules", my love of clothing control, and my very complicated relationship with feet.

I dare you to go barefoot until you get kicked out! Similar to above

Orgasm Challenge Okay, so this one combines excessive orgasms and denial in a beautiful way. Saying "use it or lose it" is a fascinating take of denial, and I've always loved this one for that.

Quote:
People who... cared? I'm not sure how to phrase it, and admittedly I suffer from lurker syndrome, but it seems like a lot of gD is just horny people looking for a quick, fun time. Few want to put effort into making dares or truths, hanging out with the community, etc. (To an extent, I do as well.)

Quote:
Bots, spammers, and people who post TorD stuff in the fucking dare area.

Quote:
Honestly, I'm not sure. There is something inherently clunky about forums (hence their decline as social media rose), but I feel gD has done a decent job. Looking into a karma-based system would be interesting, although I can understand that creates a whole new pile of problems.

I do wish, however, that there were more "chill" forums. General discussion and off topic are nice, but it's hard to find like-minded people sometimes. Also, embracing the 18+ nature of gD might be helpful.

Quote:
No.

Quote:
Creative, interesting dares. Dares that take a simple concept and make it compelling.

Quote:
For the most part, whatever they want.

Quote:
More often than I'd like.

Quote:
100% other forms. I really hate PMs because, imo, you don't get a good "feel" for the person.

Quote:
Nope. I'm not at all confident in my body.

Quote:
Quote:
Nope.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't have any strong feelings on this. Embracing the 18+ nature would be nice, however.

Quote:
Again, no strong opinions.

Quote:
Quote:
20. In the chat, do you prefer whispers or private chats?
Quote:
Quote:
No.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

LIKES: Clothing (not xdress) | Video Game Dares | Shower Dares | Sleeping Dares

DISLIKES: Messy | Piss | Outside/semi-public

LIMITS: Involving other people | Scat | | Crossdressing | Blood | Etc.
Aethi is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk