Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Dares

Old 03-06-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
Heckler86

Default I Dare you to go Barefoot until you get kicked out!

Long time lurker, first time posting.

Easy enough of a dare, weather permitting, but with spring quickly approaching, it should hopefully start getting better soon!

So thats it. Simple sounding enough. And yeah, Im a foot guy. But after reading some of the posts regarding anything to do with barefoot, it seems to me that just about everyone is too afraid to go anywhere without their shoes because they will get kicked out. So, this dare is kind of specific to help everyone overcome that fear of getting kicked out of places for going in without shoes on.

This was a dare I had to do last summer when I was bagging on my ex girlfriend for always wanting to buy just about every pair of shoes she sees then never wears them, like anywhere. She came up with the idea that I had to go barefoot until I got kicked out of some place that we went into.

At the time I thought it wouldnt be a big deal as the first place I would go would end up kicking me out, and since I was planning on getting kicked out, it wouldnt matter. So, I went to a 7-11, no luck, they didnt say anything, went to a Burger King, still no luck, video store, I know people noticed but nobody cared. Next day, same thing. Nobody said shit. I think someone complimented me on my "fashionable footwear". I didnt have any luck the next day either.

Every place that I went into, I went in barefoot, and nobody said a damn thing. I really expected to get kicked out of a restraunt, but the waitress just looked at me and said something about her wishing she could just come to work totally barefoot as her shoes were killing her. This went on for a couple of WEEKS. Wal Mart, Banks, Fast Food, Restraunts, even went to the MALL! Then of all places that got mad at me, the receptionist at my apartment complex was the first one to tell me that I couldnt come in with bare feet! By this time, I was so used to it that I barely even remembered that I didnt have any shoes on.

Point is, that I dont think as many places will kick you out for going barefoot as you think, and that you really wont know UNTIL you do it just to get kicked out! On the bright side, its not a crime or anything, and since you'll be planning on getting caught, you wont really have anything to lose by doing it and getting caught! If I were to try to dare someone to continue go naked into every store she normally goes to until they get arrested, then someone isnt gonna be too happy, but I've never heard of anyone getting arrested for not wearing their shoes!

So thats it! You just have to go barefoot (except to work or school) ALL the time until you get kicked out! Go to your boyfriends, or girlfriends house sans shoes, go to the store, go to the Mall, etc. Leave em off, leave em in the car, at home, in your microwave oven, I dont really care, just dont wear them! I wont expect someone to have to go to work or school shoeless during the dare, as there are many people that may want to take the dare but the conditions of their employment may not really call for it. Like construction, or something else where someone could get seriously hurt. But as soon as youre off work, bye bye Burka's!

But like I said, and this is early March, some places of the country there is still gonna be snow, and rain, and other crappy cold miserable weather, so it wouldnt be a big deal if you wanted to wait until the weather got better, but once it does, try it. At least once. And if you dont get kicked out, not just caught, but asked to leave the store for not wearing shoes, then you can stop going barefoot everywhere!

Extra Credit: Leave your shoes and socks at home!

Extra Extra Credit: Go barefoot in snow!
Heckler86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Heckler86 for this post:
Old 03-06-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
Dutch
getDare Sweetheart

Hmmmm I have never heard anyone being kicked out of anything for wearing no shoes. That seems totally weird to me.

My main reason for wearing shoes is protection from all crap on the streets. So be careful where you walk!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #3
Heckler86

I suppose it depends on where you live. You get to dodge broken glass and trash in the city, country you get to dodge sharp rocks and thorny plants. Take your pick. Im semi rural here.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
Hg.
getDare Sweetheart

Me too.

I always fear standing on broken glass or tacks, nails or spittle (apparently the lastest craze for the adolescent generation).

A couple of days ago I bearfooted a way through a muddy wood, but I suddenly had the intense fear of some unknown, unnamable (but thoroughly non-existant) parasite living in the mud waiting to burrow through my foot and enter my bloodstream, so I fearfully put my shoes back on.

I would try it again for sure, as soon as I reassure myself about the 'deadly' dangers I imagine I would face actually doing so.

I reserve the right to refuse to do any dare, and to subsequently update my limits from there
Up to hard limits is OK
..Not frequently active anymore
Hg. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #5
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hg. View Post
I always fear standing on broken glass or tacks, nails or spittle (apparently the lastest craze for the adolescent generation).
It's there to prevent people walking without shoes, ironically.
greatsayaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
Heckler86

We are the only species that wears shoes (or puts shoes on other species), what makes us think that we "need" to wear shoes is the way we treat our planet! Walk around for a while without em and most people will probably think twice the next time they throw an empty glass bottle out on the street or sidewalk!
Old 03-06-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
greatsayaman
Distinguished Member

Walk bare-footed and I guarantee you that they'll go hunting for more glass to smash in your path.

That's what kids are like. ;D
greatsayaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 04:48 AM   #8
BarefootAlien
Barer of Feet

Default Wow you people are jaded...

First off, I've been a regular barefooter for nearly two decades. Before that, I was a kid, and went barefoot just because that used to be what kids did when it was warm out. I have only once ever injured myself on broken glass, and it was a shard attached to the bottom of a beer bottle, so nasty, that shoes probably wouldn't have helped anyway. Normally glass lays down harmlessly, and you can walk right over it. Your foot just flexes around it.

Second... people think -kids- are the ones smashing broken glass everywhere? Try drunks. And no, they don't do it to prevent people from going barefoot. Trust me, in America at least, that's so extraordinarily rare, even among children, that nobody who isn't a barefooter or at least wishing to be one would even consider that. They do it because it makes a neat crashing sound. Don't believe me? Go find some drunks sometime who are outside throwing bottles... outside a bar, or on Fraternity Row near a college. You're not going to hear, "Yeah, take that, barefoot freaks!" You're going to hear, "Yaaaaaah!" and a lot of stupid giggling, with maybe some "That was awesomes". Please... kids... and to prevent barefooting. I mean, when was the last time you've even -seen- a child with a beverage in a glass bottle?

Anyway... Though I've been going barefoot wherever I thought I could get away with it for many many years, I have been thrown out of a few stores... Wal-Mart twice, and Giant Eagle once. Also, CVS isn't a great idea.

However... your story inspired me a bit, so I've been a lot less shy about it recently. Since I first read this dare about two months ago, I have gone barefoot everywhere but work. I'm on week seven. I've gone into many stores, restaurants, fast food places, even ones with signs stating it's not allowed, and so far I've had no trouble at all.

So seriously... other people should give this a try! It feels good, is fun, harmless, and is actually good for your feet, knees, and back. And trust me, there is not -nearly- as much broken glass and other bad stuff out there as you think. And when there is occasionally something, the solution is simple. Don't step on it! Besides, you'll find fairly quickly that grass is much more fun to walk on than pavement anyway, and no, the grass of our planet is not booby-trapped with AIDS-laced syringes. Sorry, that's just paranoid.

Last edited by BarefootAlien; 07-07-2010 at 04:54 AM.
BarefootAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 02:41 AM   #9
Heckler86

You've definitely got some good points there.

One thing I think I have noticed is that people react more to how you present yourself as opposed to if you're wearing shoes or not. Walk into a store and be a total asshole, hey, nice shoes, there's the door buddy. But walk in and say something that just makes the clerk crack up or something, flirt, whatever, they probably wont event notice, but when they do, they'll just say "nice shoes, I wish I had a pair like that." and that seems to be about it.

Its all about the attitude!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:55 PM   #10
Wyatt

I would think a harmless, fun dare like this would get a lot of response, but mostly I see people not embracing it.

Well, I got kicked out of Home Depot. They pointed to a sign near the entrance. Lots of other places I got a few sideways glances and comments from little kids and friendly adults, but no hassles from the establishment. Went to Meijer, Ikea, a local sitdown Mexican restaurant, the bank, CVS, Jewel Grocery, Target, SportClips, White Castle, Wendy's, and others. Kind of surprising. Eye opening. Cool.
Wyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
Hunterman36
Distinguished Member

I tried this at my baskin robbins near me and totally was let free with not so much as a raised voice. It was realy cool and fun, but also a strage feeling in a good way.
Hunterman36 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk