Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 04-20-2017, 09:11 AM   #1
cariadferch

Default Does toothpaste sting?

Two questions, if I may . . .

1) What is up with toothpaste with regards to BDSM? Why do people list it as a like or dislike? Is it painful some how? Does it sting? Just curious.

2) Is there a common substance that does sting, or hurt a bit, but is still safe for use in BDSM play? (Wax comes to mind, but that requires heat.)

My likes, dislikes & limits.
cariadferch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 10:23 AM   #2
LittleAmyP
Distinguished Member

Default Amy's answers

1) What is up with toothpaste with regards to BDSM? Why do people list it as a like or dislike? Is it painful some how? Does it sting? Just curious.

It's like IcyHot if you apply it to sensitive areas, but it's less intense.
It depends which taste it has, mentol and mint toothpaste could be painful but the other tastes are moderate.

2) Is there a common substance that does sting, or hurt a bit, but is still safe for use in BDSM play? (Wax comes to mind, but that requires heat.)

IcyHot, Tigerbalm, Vickx

Likes: Clamps, Soft spanking, Ciit discpline, Forced Orgasm, Hidden public (masturbation/flashing), Nipple play

Dislikes: anal sex, public,

Limits: illegal stuff, gross things

Toys: Dildo, vibrator, nipple clamps, vibrating clamps, clitoral clamps, hitachi wand, and a buttplug (I don't like that one)

My PM-Dares: http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=82497
LittleAmyP is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to LittleAmyP for this post:
Old 04-20-2017, 12:27 PM   #3
TestingLimits

Quote:

It's a cheap and easy way to participate in sensation play. Everyone has (or should have) toothpaste. If the toothpaste is mint, like most toothpaste is, then it should have menthol, which creates a cooling feeling that feels good to some and maybe not so good to others. It shouldn't feel painful, though. Toothpaste contains mild abrasives to scrape plague off your teeth, but the most that should feel like is a light scratch. Cinnamon toothpaste might burn, though. I'm not sure. I'm a little scared to try it, honestly. XD

IcyHot apparently hurts a bit, but it's safe. I don't really mess with stingy things in sensation play. I stick more to the cooler, maybe somewhat numbing, sorts of things.
TestingLimits is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to TestingLimits for this post:
Old 04-20-2017, 12:52 PM   #4
mike_29_switch

Just give it a try is my recommendation. The pain is easily bearable and goes away after a short while. Tabasco is something else....

All the best,
Mike.

Likes: SPH and general Humiliation! Also light-medium CBT, edging, nipple pain, light anal
Dislikes/Punishments: Pee, severe pain, denial
No Go: Show face, illegal or too messy stuff.
mike_29_switch is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to mike_29_switch for this post:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #5
cariadferch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_29_switch View Post
Just give it a try is my recommendation. The pain is easily bearable and goes away after a short while. Tabasco is something else....
Hmm, almost sounds like a challenge.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:02 AM   #6
cariadferch

Thank you for all the replies, they were very helpful.

The victims of my sister, however, may not be so happy.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:06 AM   #7
Ravenwood
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cariadferch View Post

I can tell you that if you put it in your ass it will burn like hell particularly if you have activated it with water. Once activated with water toothpaste causes much more intense feelings when applied to various body parts.

M/23/Gay/USA

Likes: cbt,petplay, edging, humiliation, cum (eating), ball tying
Limits: permanent damage, poop, social suicide, schedule disruptions

Pm dares

Proud puppy

Ravenwood is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Ravenwood for this post:
Old 04-21-2017, 08:42 PM   #8
Jaro
A filthy maggot anal whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenwood View Post
I can tell you that if you put it in your ass it will burn like hell particularly if you have activated it with water. Once activated with water toothpaste causes much more intense feelings when applied to various body parts.
I have never dared putting it in my ass but I have on my cock and balls and it really is a very intense feeling. And edging like this is very hard.
It isn't really painful, just very intense.

Hot sauce is much worse!

Wax is only painful for a few seconds when it hits the skin. It cools off extremely quickly and then it's just a funny feeling.

Worm owned by
Princess Butterfly

Likes & LimitsToysAMA

Check out my truths and dares here

Jaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 10:16 PM   #9
Alcd87
Distinguished Member

Quote:

1 not painful but it does sting slightly, depends on a person's sensitivity to it. The extra mint ones do sting quite a bit if used in sensitive places, I find it uncomfortable rather than painful. The effects wear off prety quick 10 or 15 mins. It works wel.to make someone uncomfortable but without real pain for a bit

2 I've not tried other substances

Limits :Involving others,naked dares permenant, toilet, family/friends/work, messy, anything illegal

[COLOR="Lime"]Likes :Humiliation, tease and denial, crossdressing, hidden public crossdressing , orgasm control, cum instruction, risky public dressing (chance of discovery), public crossdressing (away from home area), Internet exposure

Add days in lingerie
Alcd87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:28 AM   #10
Switch528
Distinguished Member

Quote:

The experience with toothpaste varies depending on what type it is. Something with pure peppermint oil or cinnamon would be intense.

For substances that sting but are relatively safe would be what most have already mentioned. Tiger-balm, vapo rub, iceyhot etc. Though it should be noted that they can be overly sensitive to some people. so it is best to test it out on a small scale first.

You could also use a drop or two of "hot" essential oils in a carrier like vegetable oil for a similar affect. Hot oils include peppermint, clove, cinnamon, black pepper etc.
Switch528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:34 AM   #11
oddjobber
getDare Devil

yeah, toothpaste stings as was mentioned. Less painful than a bengay or icyhot though. Seems to hurt more on "holes" not neccesarily on skin itself.
oddjobber is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk