Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Truth

Old 04-17-2017, 12:02 PM   #1
andrew_b
getDare Cultist (Outer Circle)

Send a message via MSN to andrew_b
Default Lose contact often?

With people online not just on getDare people seem to come and go more frequently. I've debated this many times whether it's really worth it.

I'm curious if people on here lose contact often, particularly with people they've chatted to quite a lot and became fond of.

So does this happen often to you?

Had any particular recently that was person you chatted to a lot?

My Real Experiences
http://www.getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=81891

Send me a pm if you want, I'm always up for chatting to people

CHECK OUT MY NEW FICTIONAL STORY "Pushed to Fantasy (On Vacation)" LINK BELOW
https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthre...00#post4465100

I've also got snapchat, kik, skype and messenger. If you want to add me just send me a pm and I'll give you my username(s)
andrew_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:26 PM   #2
Allykat

Sure I've lost contact with plenty of people over the years. Sometimes you just run out of things to chat about and just drift apart until eventually you don't really talk anymore. Other times they turn out to be creepy and try to lead every conversation to something sexual.

Likes, dislikes and limits
Allykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 12:42 PM   #3
andrew_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allykat View Post
Sure I've lost contact with plenty of people over the years. Sometimes you just run out of things to chat about and just drift apart until eventually you don't really talk anymore. Other times they turn out to be creepy and try to lead every conversation to something sexual.
Yes I would agree that those two would be the most common reasons alright, it's when people stop logging on all together that really sucks though.

My Real Experiences

I've also got snapchat, kik, skype and messenger. If you want to add me just send me a pm and I'll give you my username(s)
Old 04-17-2017, 12:46 PM   #4
Allykat

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew_b View Post
Yes I would agree that those two would be the most common reasons alright, it's when people stop logging on all together that really sucks though.
Yeah, that does suck. I've accidentally done it once or twice when I was using a chat program that I rarely used and I just kinda forgot about it.

Likes, dislikes and limits
Allykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 01:03 PM   #5
andrew_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allykat View Post
Yeah, that does suck. I've accidentally done it once or twice when I was using a chat program that I rarely used and I just kinda forgot about it.
Yeah I've done similar myself, I remember one person in particular. I removed on yahoo messenger and then soon after I wasn't able to log into the account anymore so lost loads in one go.

My Real Experiences

Old 04-17-2017, 03:19 PM   #6
Canyon

I've often said that I know a lot of people but actually have very few friends.

I've met and then lost contact with many people over the years, sometimes my fault but more often theirs and mostly I've never understood why. Sometimes its a bit more obvious and you can fill in the blanks with info you do know but sometimes its just a total mystery and it can be quite sad sometimes.

I think in these modern times its, unfortunately, a lot more common for people to simply loose track of people. lack of free time, longer work hours etc... and maybe just a little bit of selfishness.

There was one sub girl I spoke to for over 2 years... to quite a serious level and then one day she just disappeared. I've never worked out why - I can make some guesses but they will only ever be guesses

Re-evaluating my priorities

My cock size verified - getdare.com/bbs/blog.php?b=70796
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:06 PM   #7
WTGinger

This one struck me, as I have closed accounts along the way.
Not because I wanted to cut people off, but because I wasn't into the site or forum anymore.
But there are a few people I miss talking too.
That said though I don't think you owe it to anyone to keep in touch if you don't want to.
Some people just want a short term chat on a site and then don't come back.
As long as it's not done with the intention of leading someone on.
That's life. Sometimes people come and go...
WTGinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:52 PM   #8
TestingLimits

I haven't really been here long enough to have gotten attached to someone before losing contact. A few have gotten busier, and it feels like I haven't gotten to talk to them hardly at all, but no one has left on me. I did have a situation recently that I thought would turn into losing a friend, but that crisis was averted.

On other sites, though, I've lost tons. It's usually that someone stops logging on after so long, and I just never end up getting another means of talking to them. Sometimes, it's that someone ends up mad at me and cuts me off, whether it's my fault or it's them feeling like checking in once in a while is not enough or even too much. (Just on one site, I ended blocked by two different people, one for each of those reasons. One blocked me after I asked if she still wanted to talk after a week, the other blocked me after I explained that I was busy and I couldn't talk every day. The latter one was absolutely insane. If I didn't message her within an hour, I was literally the worst person ever. We never even discussed dating, which is the only time I might think that was reasonable.)

I've left most of my sites over time, and in leaving sites behind, I've probably left people wondering where I went. But I know I haven't left as many behind in that way as have left me, since I usually only leave once my friend count dwindles to a handful of inactive people, and I pack up and bring as many as I can along before I leave. I avoided leaving a bunch of Skype friends from one site behind, for instance, by giving them my Discord. (Only to come back to that same Skype account for sites like this. Oops! )
TestingLimits is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk