Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 02-23-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
Quills

Default Just an inquiry (Hotmail account problems)

Hello, sorry if this is not the place for this question. As I'm new here, I felt bit weird about pming an admin without express permission but I hope I'm not causing any trouble in avoiding doing so.

Just curious on if there was anything I could do to get access to the original profile I attempted to make yesterday 'Quill'. I didn't receive any verification email and cannot sign into the account at all -- thus the new 'Quills' profile I drew up. I did wait twenty-four hours to see if anything would pop up and checked all of the nooks and crannies (i.e. spam folders, trash, etc) but nothing shows. I do realize there's a policy on one person one account but I was unable to contact anyone without an account.

Again, nothing serious or urgent, just a curiosity as I do favor the first profile I attempted to make.

Apologies for taking up your time or being ridiculous,
Quill
Quills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:53 AM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

You should be able to login on the account Quill even when your e-mail address isn't verified. getDare seems to have a problem with Hotmail e-mail address; some receive e-mails and others don't. I suggest trying to log in to your Quill account, maybe you used a slightly different password when registering yourself. If you can't remember your password, you could ask Rachie (administrator) for help but I can't promise you that she has the time to help you.

If you are able to login then follow these steps to switch to your unverified account Quill.
  1. On the Quills account, change your e-mail address to a different one here.
  2. Log out Quills and log in on Quill and go change your e-mail address to the previous e-mail address that you used for Quills. (the G-mail one)
  3. You will receive a verification e-mail to the G-mail address so you can activate the account Quill.
  4. You can leave the account Quills unverified.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 08:38 AM   #3
Quills

Thanks so much for your help RiskyFlame! I really appreciate the information you provided, and the time you took to get it to me. However it turns out will be great. Again, thank you very much for the assistance!
Quills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 03:03 PM   #4
matterotica

Just a quick thank you. I was having the same problem, but changing to a non-hotmail address sorted it. Glad I found this thread
matterotica is offline   Reply With Quote