Old 02-15-2014, 09:42 AM   #1
James09

Default A Question For Everyone!

What motivates you? What is your inspiration? When the world knocks you down, what is it in your heart, what is it that you want that gives you the strength to get back up and keep on going?

What is it?
James09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to James09 for this post:
Old 02-15-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
CJLM
getDare Sweetheart

Life. I remember how lucky I am. I have an amazing life. I may not have everything I want but I know I have everything I need. I have an amazing family and wonderful friends. I am sexy (though not everyone agrees, their loss). I'm kind, and fun. I make it a point to always smile. Someone does something that I don't like I try to put myself in their shoes. Figure out why they did it, and move on. Always take a step back and breath. I'm not perfect by any means, I get confused easily, I misunderstand. But I am human, I know it. I laugh at my mistakes, and keep moving forward. Its all I can do.
CJLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #3
iSpuds
Starchy Sadist

Life. But in a different way. Unless you are prepared to die, life will occur whether you like it or not. You can slow down - hell, you can come to a full stop, but regardless of what you want or wish for, time will nudge you along in a forward direction. Whether or not you proceed to reach a favorable destination is up to you. For what reason need success and growth occur in our lives? Is it not possible to remain in one static, stagnant state of being or even to regress? If things are bearable the way they are now, what's the point of setting goals and ambitions to continually reach greater heights?

Well, you don't have to. When life gets you down and stuck in a rut, you're not obligated to come out of that rut. Eventually you will die, and time will continue as it will. That's how insignificant we are as individuals and as a planet. But I think there is some liberty in realizing how free you are to stop trying. Why do we try? Because we can. Every little success - even getting out of bed in the morning - is a momentous display of power and will. I think if everyone understood just how boundless we truly are as individuals; just how many options are available to us throughout each and every second of our lives, productive or otherwise; how significantly our actions impact the worlds within worlds that surround us; we would all stop for a round of applause because we are wondrous creatures. We exist out of a will to live. We explore out of sheer curiosity. We create on a whim.

So when I'm too busy being sulky to realize I literally have the world at my fingertips, I can at least be sure that, no matter what, the world around me will continue to do what it will do. At some point, I come to realize that my only true restraint is time. What I choose to do with that time is entirely up to me, and for better or for worse, no choice I make can be wrong in this sandbox world. All there is, is to see how my actions affect the world around me. Can you imagine knowing that your hands are what mold all that exists around you? Imagine knowing that, as insignificant as we are in our own galaxy, let alone the universe, we are also somehow very significant in our little microcosm. That is motivating.

Likes, Limits, and Fantasies (click)

A Domme with a Monkey.

The Monkey, the Potato, and the Book of Truth (AMA)

My PM Dares are Offline.
I don't participate in unsolicited PM dares, so don't ask.

"iSpuds used to be an onion before she realized that she wanted a simpler, layer free life. Gordon Ramsey himself agreed to perform the surgery, but when Nigella Lawson walked in during the middle of the procedure with a bottle of scotch, things went awry. Waking up as an iOS kernel trapped in a potato's body, iSpuds successfully sued the Food Channel for 13 quintillion Zimbabwe Shillings, and now lives in an exclusive, nano-sliver coated vegetable crisper." -Runesmith

"On a scale of 1-10, what's your favorite color of the Alphabet?"
"Prismarine!"
iSpuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:54 PM   #4
justJane
getDare is Go Go Go

iSpuds - I love your response!!

I try to have a similar outlook in knowing if things are not the way I want them then it is up to me to change them and I only have one life so time is precious. My downfall with that is I want to enjoy it everyday so sometimes the things I need to do get pushed to the side. Things that help me out of a funk are my friends and my cat; and knowing that there is so much that is wrong in the world, that there are people and animals that need someone to fight for them, and I am privileged enough to be able to do that even if it is in a small way. I also sometimes just have to turn off the world and take a walk, forgetting all the horrible things that are happening and think about all the beauty in life that surrounds us all the time.
justJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 01:07 PM   #5
Schwink
getDare Sweetheart

I wrote a paper on this for a theology class. Most religious people use the bible or some deity as a means for self improvement. As an atheist it has to be more self-centered. I have a belief that the whole purpose of life is just to improve other's purpose of life. When you are living off welfare and unemployment, you don't contribute to making life better. The same is said when you are hurting people, whether is be intention or not, whether it be physical or emotional. My motivation is in other people. When I see people proud of my accomplishments, or grateful for a deed I did for them I feel like I am living. It will be even better in a decade when I am hopefully making advancements in science that saves people's lives.
Schwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 09:04 PM   #6
Zeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by James09 View Post
What motivates you? What is your inspiration? When the world knocks you down, what is it in your heart, what is it that you want that gives you the strength to get back up and keep on going?

What is it?
Helping people. Everyone come to this world to do his/her part. We get various kind of knowledge as we grow up. We should use that knowledge to make this world a better place.

The whole world can't knock me down. I have lot of people surrounding me like guardian angels. That's why we should make connection with nice people.

Whenever I get down, I think about that whether can I make someone's life better by any mean. I believe in karma. I strongly believe if I do something nice, it will come back to me one day. So it gives me the strength
Old 03-05-2014, 09:08 AM   #7
Shibari
getDare Sweetheart

Music is a good inspiration to get back up, as some music tells a story of the songers past, kinda give you hope that actually you can make it

Also myself.. I look how far ive come and think to myself.. Ive got through that and I CAN get through this!
Theres a quote by Christine Caine "The devil didnt defeat you on his best day, therefore he wont knock you down on your worst day"

As for motivation, passion drives motivation, when you ahve passion for something it fuels motivation for you to do something, and i think its important everyone has a passion, or a need to make a change to make a difference.

Dont worship those who inspire you, instead learn and take in there inspiration and turn it into yours and use that to motivate you .

Rope, Shibari/kinbaku.

I kiss my enemies lips, while I dance in the flames of the devil, worship the Dominant that guides while I suffer at His feet.
Shibari is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk