Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 03-18-2018, 12:39 PM   #1
Spd138

Default Webcam modeling

I am a 30 year old married guy. Me and the wife are looking for a way to make extra cash to travel more. I have a floated the idea of doing webcam shows to earn money. She is hot and cold to the idea of doing a couple show. But is ok with me doing a private male show then seeing how it goes and then doing couple. I would want a site that allows me to block areas with family and friends. I have done solo male show before we meet.

So any advise on going pro and performing on paid sites. Any models or former models here have any information that could help me make some cash.

Last edited by Spd138; 03-18-2018 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Spd138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018, 03:28 PM   #2
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

Although I've never done a paid show I've performed a fair few exhibitionist shows, mainly on Chaturbate They allow you to block certain locations and always seem pretty fair & sensible when enforcing rules (limited use of household items, no pee & scat, no law breaking etc.). In terms of money generating I can only offer some rough advice:

- Showing face seem to be basically a must for paid shows (which is why I never bothered to go "pro"), couple shows will obviously earn far more than solo male shows. The good thing about Chaturbate is you can largely keep any public shows in your control by setting price goals (there's quite a few free bot games to keep things interesting too, as well as those to remind audiences of FAQ regularly).
- Performing regularly helps. Even as an exhibitionist doing multiple shows a week kept people coming back for more. I think you can expect relatively little earnings at first (at a guess) until you start gathering larger audiences (more people = more people with money).
- Use plenty of tags to make your show easier to find. You can see which ones are popular easily, as well as checking out your competition for price setting and show ideas.

You should only do it if you enjoy doing it anyway, have quite a bit of patience waiting for paying customers and are prepared to accept a fair bit of irritation from your audience. Shows aren't all fun as you deal with ridiculous requests, trolls and abuse (although these can be blocked easily there are other mundane considerations like moderators if/when you get that popular to warrant it). If being recorded is big style against your limits public cam sites might not be for you, you have no control and it's extremely easy to record videos. I can rationalise the risk vs reward for solo male shows but there is always that risk of exposure no matter how careful you are.

Play safe, have fun and be prepared to accept that the fantasy of being a webcam model won't necessarily be as thrill-a-minute as you might expect.

(There are of course other ways of performing than public cam sites, it's just the one I'm most familiar with. Hope the above helps a little anyway)
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 04:04 AM   #3
Spd138

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleforyou View Post
Although I've never done a paid show I've performed a fair few exhibitionist shows, mainly on Chaturbate They allow you to block certain locations and always seem pretty fair & sensible when enforcing rules (limited use of household items, no pee & scat, no law breaking etc.). In terms of money generating I can only offer some rough advice:

- Showing face seem to be basically a must for paid shows (which is why I never bothered to go "pro"), couple shows will obviously earn far more than solo male shows. The good thing about Chaturbate is you can largely keep any public shows in your control by setting price goals (there's quite a few free bot games to keep things interesting too, as well as those to remind audiences of FAQ regularly).
- Performing regularly helps. Even as an exhibitionist doing multiple shows a week kept people coming back for more. I think you can expect relatively little earnings at first (at a guess) until you start gathering larger audiences (more people = more people with money).
- Use plenty of tags to make your show easier to find. You can see which ones are popular easily, as well as checking out your competition for price setting and show ideas.

You should only do it if you enjoy doing it anyway, have quite a bit of patience waiting for paying customers and are prepared to accept a fair bit of irritation from your audience. Shows aren't all fun as you deal with ridiculous requests, trolls and abuse (although these can be blocked easily there are other mundane considerations like moderators if/when you get that popular to warrant it). If being recorded is big style against your limits public cam sites might not be for you, you have no control and it's extremely easy to record videos. I can rationalise the risk vs reward for solo male shows but there is always that risk of exposure no matter how careful you are.

Play safe, have fun and be prepared to accept that the fantasy of being a webcam model won't necessarily be as thrill-a-minute as you might expect.

(There are of course other ways of performing than public cam sites, it's just the one I'm most familiar with. Hope the above helps a little anyway)

Thank you fpr the advise
Spd138 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk