Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge > Advice Section

View Poll Results: That you contribute to an "add" thread at all and more frequently is ...
More likely if it involves people you know 33 78.57%
Less likely if the thread is already old or already has plenty of posts 15 35.71%
Less likely if the thread misses 5 stars and plenty of views and posts 1 2.38%
More likely if you have more options what to add 18 42.86%
Less likely if it is open to add for only some days 9 21.43%
Less likely if it is open to add for weeks or more 9 21.43%
More likely if offers plenty of additional chances and privileges to add more and special tasks 20 47.62%
Less likely if it has a long description or plenty of options 10 23.81%
Less likely if it involves tasks in your dislikes or limits 18 42.86%
Unlikely at all, because you aren't interest in such threads in general 4 9.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2018, 04:29 AM   #16
CSasha
Oracle

I totalky agree. Yes, poor Coldtoes. I hope he comes back one day.

I think it also helps if the victims have smaller or even similar tasks done, so everyone has proof that it works in general. I really love the safeword idea.

Looking for some kinky roulette?

My Likes and Limits short list

My pronouns are it/its

If you spam me disrespecting my profile, or grammar, or spelling, or asking for play or relationship without previous context, punch your genitals 20 times as hard as you can.
CSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #17
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

I've added quite a lot in add threads in my time here, I like the conversations and excitement that can build up over the thread if the victims are involved in the thread. I'll only tend to post if there's likely to be some reports at the end and/or the victims have posted in similar threads before. It's only rewarding & enjoyable if there's some believability the tasks will get done. I actually like new rules (or words) and games (such as bonus chains) as the thread goes on as adding the same words over many weeks can get tiresome otherwise, but I do agree the OP should be updated either in a linked blog/Google doc or via a moderator.

Whenever I've been involved as a victim my main concerns are having an out if the tasks do get over-whelming (without feeling like I'm letting anyone down) and having a diversity in the tasks given (which is why sexyred kindly makes them dice based). I know I just couldn't get motivated to do 1000s of the same task like so many adding threads seem to get to (cough like your 90,000 deepthroats ). If there's no outs & diversity built in I'm less likely to add to other people's threads.

I think your blogs were largely spot on Cassandra on creating a good adding thread. Things I would like to suggest for future adding threads though
- The rules should be the same for everyone to reduce the cliquey feel (even the number of keywords). If you want to reward regular posters giving them more control (e.g. ability to add new tasks, offer reductions after) would probably be better.
- Inbuilt reductions for reports, quite often adding threads seem to build up giving 1000s of tasks that you never get to hear how the victims went on with them.
- I'd like to see more aftercare (or communication) after the threads "finished" somehow, but I'm not sure how to incentivise that. Once the thread adds the poor victim seems to need to motivate themselves to get the tasks done (unless with a Master or Mistress, then it's a little easier) with little feedback on any reports left as qmu says. Maybe adding comments about reports after the threads finished could generate (possibly more passive) tasks?

I'm sure I'll keep adding to them (and ending up in them, especially as sexyred knows how much the teasing torments my dicklet during denial), be kept busy working off my current debt from them and hope they continue to evolve.
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to PrincessJessica for this post:
Old 04-25-2018, 05:20 AM   #18
Siren
getDare Succubus

First of all, I think this thread is a really good idea given how popular add threads are, so this kind of feedback should be really useful for a lot of people

For me personally, I'm particularly interested in threads from people I'm friends with because it's always fun playing around with people you already know, but I also like looking at random add threads because they are a simple way of interacting with new people and giving tasks without having to be creative. Seeing as this simplicity is something I like, I'm put off by threads which have a lot of options, or the options are difficult to understand, or they involve lots of complex tasks, but I understand why other people might like the chance to give more complicated dares, although I personally feel like add threads aren't really the best place for that. I also like having the option to post reductions because I think that makes things a bit more interesting without having to add complex rules.

I'm also not too fussed about seeing reports or the like- it's nice if the poster includes them, but I don't get too hung up on whether they're carrying out the dares or not, although I suspect I'm probably in the minority with that.

Another thing that doesn't affect the likelihood of me responding to a thread is its age or the amount of posts. As long as a thread is still active I'm willing to respond, but I wouldn't usually participate in threads that don't correspond to my limits at all. I don't like to give tasks for things that fall outside my own likes because it doesn't interest me and because I don't feel able to give good tasks based around kinks I have no experience with.

One thing that really puts me off personally is wholly unrealistic threads where the tasks snowball into something ridiculous and repetitive like 2000 edges- I feel like some threads could do with better limits (number of posts per person per day, time frame for the thread, etc). That being said, I know it can be difficult to keep rules concise and ensure they're enforced, but I think it's worth it if it means the thread is actually doable. Another issue with rules is making them visible seeing as you can only edit your original post for a short while until it gets locked, so perhaps a link to a blog post containing the rules would be useful. Some people still won't bother to check it, naturally, but they'll have less of an excuse

And finally, I agree with RiskyFlame's point about keeping a count going- add threads can get pretty confusing, particularly when people just say how much they're adding without actually adding it to the total. Oh, and like Lola said, a competitive edge makes things a lot more interesting.

I didn't mean to write quite this much but I hope some of it's useful for you

ama / discord / likes & limits

not looking to play with anyone

dislikes: granny panties, sloths, tea.

however much you use me baby come on use me more

Last edited by Siren; 04-25-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Siren is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to Siren for this post:

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
add threads, motivation, poll, posting games, survey