Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 04-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #1
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Default My fancy Fairness Rule!

Hey Folks,

I got aware, that there are many great people who ask for a dare request or similar, but nearly none of them gets a lot of responds. Although the title seems interesting enough for a lot of people to click on it.

So here my fairness rule (link in my signature) comes in handy: If the title is interesting enough for you to click the thread, you are obligated to write a respond. It may be very short, it may not answer the question completely or give a perfect dare, but at least you contribute to the conversation in some way and so help others to come up with new ideas.
It is very frustrating if there is a nice idea and no responds.

I have experienced this behaviour on both sides: Sometimes I am simply too lazy to respond and want to get some quick entertainment, and sometimes I post something and don't get much feedback. Now I want to be more consequent and post in all threads which I clicked at least once. On the other hand I want encourage others to do so as well.

What do you think about this idea? Is this the right section to post this any way? If you also want to stick to this rule, you are welcome to leave a respond below my blog entry and copy the link of my rule in your signature.

Be careful: Long Term, Denial/forced Orgasm, Cum Eating, Poo, Heavy Pain, Rules, Bladder Control

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Non-Consensual, Public, Shaving, Sissification, Time Wasting

Toys: Ropes, Whips, Clothpins, Plugs, ...

Manarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:27 AM   #2
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Yes, I usually have the same feedback problem as well. In the past, I created a lot of dares for others in the ReTorDO section but because of the lack of feedback, I decided to post dares for myself rather than for others. Nowadays, I look for hidden gems; threads with ordinary titles but extraordinary thread content. Threads with promising titles but reveal a one-liner asking for dares definitely isn't a hidden gem so I don't post on it.

But I guess it's time to change and post on more threads by following this rule when I'm visiting getDare on my laptop (I hate phone-typing). So you can see this post as my first post that follows your rule.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to RiskyFlame for this post:
Old 04-02-2018, 04:00 PM   #3
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Great, thanks for your support!

Oh yeah, you mention a very true fact: The hidden gems. There are some of them, and you have to find them. On the other hand the threads with a very sensational title but only one line of text are a bit of a turnoff. But I think there are posts in between, which should earn a bit more feedback. And you could also ask the one-liners to elaborate a bit more
By the way: If you post dares for others, shouldn't it rather be in the Dares section and not in the Request TORD Online section?

As for the phone thing: I think one can make an excuse for this When I go online via phone I usually only check for messages. But I won't reply to them on the phone. Same issue here

Be careful: Long Term, Denial/forced Orgasm, Cum Eating, Poo, Heavy Pain, Rules, Bladder Control

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Non-Consensual, Public, Shaving, Sissification, Time Wasting

Old 04-02-2018, 04:48 PM   #4
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarus View Post
By the way: If you post dares for others, shouldn't it rather be in the Dares section and not in the Request TORD Online section?
What I meant was that I used to post a lot of dares —tailored to the user's likes— on threads in the ReTorDO section, not start my own thread that revolves around the dare. But like I said, I stopped posting on ReTorDO threads because whenever I posted a dare for the thread poster, one out of ten thanked me for the dare and only one out of fifty provided a report. I am happy when I made someone else happy but without any response, I will believe that they didn't like the dare that I gave them. This is very discouraging.

By the way, I believe that I misinterpreted the appliance of your rule to the wrong threads. I thought that we were talking about ReTorDO thread when actually you were talking about posting on threads in the Dares section, right? Sorry to take this thread in the wrong direction if this is so. D:

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 11:45 PM   #5
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Ah I see. Yes, this is very discouraging indeed. I can't remember that this happened to me though. There is a simple trick: Only put much effort in a tailored task, if the guy already provided a report in this or another thread. If you are not sure he will, you could just start to answer with a one-liner to find out if he does communicate at all, and then start to write more detailed tasks.
Ah, now while writing this I remember actually some cases wehre I never got a report. Mostly it was a task for girls which get a lot of tasks anyways. I made good experience with guys who are new to this site, though. They get only few responds which is a pitty, and so they are happy about every task and often provide a report as an answer to a topic.

No no no, I meant specifically the Request Tord section. But if possible this rule should apply to any section

Old 04-04-2018, 03:45 PM   #6
Manarus
Distinguished Member

I thought about your valuable feedback, RiskyFlame and Butterfly I developed a more moderate "Reasonable fairness rule", you can find the update in my blog entry. I hope this rule is a bit more motivating than the strict one, since it allows you not to reply to really shity threats or if you are surfing with your mobile phone

Old 08-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #7
Sumiko

I love this idea!!! I wish more people did this. If yoy are intrested please check out my post. It is about assigning me tasks and rules to do while at home and work!.

https://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=349477
Sumiko is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk