Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Old 02-07-2018, 02:21 PM   #1
Chephren
Truth or Dare Junkie

Default Searching for words in threads

Hi dear community,

if I search with the thread search for a special word in a thread the results are capped at 200. Is there any way you know off to search a thread and get more results if the are there?

My orgasms aren't mine, my pleasure neither.

-->Touching rules
Chephren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

This sidetracked me tonight. Seemed like a challenge and I like a good tech challenge.

Quick answer - No, 99% you can't (a moderator will probably know for certain). It's controlled within the admin panel so can be increased (at least as high as 500, which still might not be enough) but only by admins. There's probably some sensible reason why it's set at 200. The only way to do it is to go through the thread page by page manually as far as I can see.

(Incredibly) nerdy answer - Maybe. First, install Greasemonkey (Firefox, recommended if possible) or Tampermonkey (Chrome, Opera & others). This enables user created scripts to run that "supercharge" your browser (ie really geek it up). Next install "Cheezburger AutoPager". If the scripts running correctly you'll be able to load all pages on GetDare's threads at once (no more next page) by simply scrolling to the bottom which sidesteps the search limit.

Now once all the pages are loaded you can use CRTL + F to perform a search. If you're in Firefox you can make this case sensitive too. However, this will count all occurrences, even people who've perhaps added too many keywords at once. It will be much quicker for keyword threads though.

Hope that helps! (If not I've just unveiled my inner tech nerd for no good reason)
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to PrincessJessica for this post:
Old 02-08-2018, 12:17 AM   #3
Matt:
getDare Cultist (Inner Circle)

One issue with using CRTL-F is that it picks up EVERYTHING with the word in, so when I search RUIN, it picks it up twice in Chephren's signature, so still have to click through each instance and subtract "false" ones. Also picks up if the word as part of another word. But don't think there's any way around this.

Still probably the best way.

Current Rule - I have to do all picture requests by females and I must show my full face

Sam, forever in my heart, I will always miss you <3
Matt: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:32 AM   #4
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

Not necessarily.

To exclude signatures: User CP > Edit Options > Thread Display Options > Visible Post Elements > Untick show signatures. Particularly useful if someone happens to have one of the keywords in their sig.

If using Firefox you can match case and search for whole word matches only (so say the keywords RUIN it'll only pick up "RUIN" and not ruined, RUINED, etc). They'll still be some false positives from people who've posted incorrectly and still some manual counting for chain related keywords like BONUS though.

I feel less guilty about posting so many times on both your threads now (assuming this helps of course)
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes

Last edited by PrincessJessica; 02-08-2018 at 06:56 AM.
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to PrincessJessica for this post: