Old 10-05-2015, 07:01 AM   #1
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Default Thread (Re-)movement Notification

I am not sure whether this already excist or not, because my last (unfortunate) trashed thread was back in February. If it doesn't excist (yet), then hopefully some of you might start supporting this idea.

The idea
Basicly, whenever one of your threads are trashed, you get a notification in the form of a private message (or any other form). In this PM (or notification) will be written that your thread x has been trashed for the reason y. I figured that some (new) users sometimes don't understand why their thread is gone, so they post a new thread (that may include the same error they made with their previous thread). This notification will notify them (duh) about the mistake they made by posting their thread.

My motivation
The reason why I came up with this idea is to help new users understand the rules more quickly. Sometimes I click on someone's profile and look at the threads they posted and saw that the first 1 á 3 threads were trashed. Once I found a person with around 10 trashed threads. I assumed that they didn't read the rules, so why not help them by this thread (re-)movement notification?

The notification
Naturally, this notification will be send automaticly by the system. The information that this notification could contain are listed.
• Thread number + the name of the thread.
• Time and date of when the thread was posted.
• The reason of why this thread was (re-)moved.*
• Link to the thread with rules.

* Unless getDare has a system that can come up with the right reason for the (re-)movement of the thread, this reason could be the included message when someone reports the thread (via the report button). Else the moderator should write a few worlds to clearify the problem. Too lazy? Reason: read the forum rules again.

Any supporters?
If any of you, the readers, like this idea or see some potential: post. If not, you could always write why this idea isn't as usefull as I thought it was. Whether it's the first or the last, the idea can only be improved and not worsen.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
RiskyFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
The following user says Thank You to RiskyFlame for this post:

Tags
addition, idea, ideas, suggestion, suggestions