Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Truth OR Dare > Request TORD Online

View Poll Results: Would you like to see an announcement promoting a new request TORD thread each week?
Yes, that sounds great! 30 96.77%
No thanks, I like how things are as is. 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2018, 06:33 AM   #1
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

Bell Weekly gD Request TORD Announcements

Hi all - I'm trying to figure out ways to make the forums a bit more active and exciting. I'm open to ideas if anyone has any, but for now I thought maybe I would choose a thread about once a week or so that is well thought out but has 15 or less posts on it and link it in an 'announcement' to try to get it more activity. [An announcement is a post that shows up at the top of each forum until you read it or click close. I provided picture examples because I have heard a lot of people don't notice them when they're up, but maybe if you knew they would pop up weekly they would be easier to spot.] Would anyone be interested in this? Please vote on the poll so I know if I should give it a shot!

Also feel free to leave some suggestions of ways to liven up the forums if you've got any ideas!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 9.26.00 AM.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	7824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 9.26.31 AM.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	7825  

i知 a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
lola.fox is offline   Reply With Quote
The following 2 users say Thank You to lola.fox for this post:
Old 04-22-2018, 07:09 AM   #2
Bea

One post a week perhaps is too little to make much of a difference. Perhaps a post giving links to the best ones of the week, or even day/two day period - if that's not too much effort.

Diapered until: 11/12/2018
Denied until: 18/12/2018
Message me to add to either timer! (Max 1 week per message)

: humiliation, control, petplay, semi-public, pee, diapers, bondage, long-term, verbal abuse
: masturbation, edges, pain, poop, public, anal, blackmail, friends/family, pics
Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:50 AM   #3
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

What if we were to schedule some events in the empty chat rooms?

Truth or Dare games?
Edging competitions?

It won't help with the forums, but it could get some new people into chat ...

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:56 AM   #4
Dashie
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly View Post

Truth or Dare games?
Edging competitions?

I would like this one.
As of right now it is pretty hard to approach new people if you dont randomly stumble across someone.

So giving a purpose to new and old people to hang out with eachother might be a pretty good idea!
Old 04-22-2018, 08:31 AM   #5
Kisune Karnon
GetDare Ninja

You should definitely do this. Will you do one for each section or just one overall?

Male/Married/Straight/Switch/32/190 lbs

Likes and Limits
Toys (So Far)
PM Dares
Utilizing Keywords Version 3
Kik: Kisune22

My goal is to give good dares and receive them because that is how I enjoy the game.
I will send reports when I choose to or if I am asked.
If you give me a repeated dare or a "do your own dare,"
I will be very disappointed because I like to be surprised and challenged.

Kisune Karnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #6
PrincessJessica
Truth or Dare Zealot

The things that stops me participating more in request TORD threads is not that I don't know about them, it's more that they're very one-sided; adding tasks or just words for very little reward. Rather than advertising one's with lesser posts, I think it'd be better focusing on thread's that are better designed so there's some reward for posters (e.g. reports at the end, TorD exchange threads). Ideally, they'd be both overlooked threads & "good" ones.

I'd also like to see active games/challenges announced to get more people involved in them (like the share the burden thread, Deal or No Deal and others) and maybe even link a weekly announcement to the "post a thread" thread. Using announcements to give some extra attention to threads is a good idea anyway, and I agree with the other's that more than one thread announced per week (either more regular or likely 3-5 a week) would be good too.

The announcements themselves are quite easy to miss. Is it possible to make them come up under unread posts and User CP if they are going to be used more? (They may already be there...in which case I need to pay more attention )

In term's of other ideas the advice section idea of Butterfly's seem good to me as it would give people some other reason to come to the forums than just get/receive truth or dares. It may be just me but it does take a little bit of bravery to say "Ah, I don't know what I'm doing" though.
Subscribe to my nudes and help deny me

Loves: Bets, Denial, Feminisation, Humiliation, Online Exhibitionism, Teasing
Likes: a2m, Body Writing, Degradation (to a degree), Exposure, Femdom, Pain, RP, SPH
Dislikes: (Small) Anal, CBT, Cornertime, Cum Eating
Limits:
Blackmail, Dangerous, Face (my choice), Public

PM & Kik dares / Sub Guide (Full Likes & Limits) / Toys & Clothes
PrincessJessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 08:44 AM   #7
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisune Karnon View Post
You should definitely do this. Will you do one for each section or just one overall?
It looks like she just mentioned Request Truth or Dare. I think doing one for each section is more work than any of us mods are able to put in at this time. Starting small is definitely a better idea as then it is sustainable.

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 04-22-2018, 08:58 AM   #8
lola.fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea View Post
One post a week perhaps is too little to make much of a difference. Perhaps a post giving links to the best ones of the week, or even day/two day period - if that's not too much effort.
i think multiple times a week would be too difficult, but i think do multiple links would work! maybe three links per week?

i知 a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
Old 04-22-2018, 09:00 AM   #9
lola.fox

Quote:

Truth or Dare games?
Edging competitions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashie View Post
I would like this one.
As of right now it is pretty hard to approach new people if you dont randomly stumble across someone.

So giving a purpose to new and old people to hang out with eachother might be a pretty good idea!

i think that's a great idea! perhaps we could have a thread that announces when they take place every week + that says what that weeks theme is. i'd love for the forum world and chat world to intermingle a bit more.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:04 AM   #10
lola.fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisune Karnon View Post
Quote:
It looks like she just mentioned Request Truth or Dare. I think doing one for each section is more work than any of us mods are able to put in at this time. Starting small is definitely a better idea as then it is sustainable.
i think for now i would just start with the request TORD to see how it works out and to give the few threads that would be highlighted maximum priority. i did get a suggestion from a user via chat that they would like the top ads section to be prioritized more so i'm going to attempt that as well. perhaps gD users can get in on that by commenting on advertisements of threads they love nominating them for top ads? and if there are perhaps 3+ comments nominating them for top ads that will signal to the mods that we've got give that advert a little extra love for their efforts.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:18 AM   #11
lola.fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleforyou View Post
The things that stops me participating more in request TORD threads is not that I don't know about them, it's more that they're very one-sided; adding tasks or just words for very little reward. Rather than advertising one's with lesser posts, I think it'd be better focusing on thread's that are better designed so there's some reward for posters (e.g. reports at the end, TorD exchange threads). Ideally, they'd be both overlooked threads & "good" ones.

I'd also like to see active games/challenges announced to get more people involved in them (like the share the burden thread, Deal or No Deal and others) and maybe even link a weekly announcement to the "post a thread" thread. Using announcements to give some extra attention to threads is a good idea anyway, and I agree with the other's that more than one thread announced per week (either more regular or likely 3-5 a week) would be good too.

The announcements themselves are quite easy to miss. Is it possible to make them come up under unread posts and User CP if they are going to be used more? (They may already be there...in which case I need to pay more attention )

In term's of other ideas the advice section idea of Butterfly's seem good to me as it would give people some other reason to come to the forums than just get/receive truth or dares. It may be just me but it does take a little bit of bravery to say "Ah, I don't know what I'm doing" though.
i'd be choosing more original TORD threads and skipping the add threads/pm dare/keyword threads as i agree with you, i think if we're going to highlight some threads they should be substantial and appeal to post the giver and the receiver. i'm hoping to choose ones that put a good deal of effort into their post, hoping that that will mean there will be more reward for those commenting on them [ex: reports, photos, audio or just generally more interaction to keep those participating on the thread satisfied.]

perhaps i could sticky my post a thread? so that it will appear at the top of each forum? i know that stickies often go unread as well so it's tough to find a good solution to properly advertising threads and games.

only rachie can make those types of changes if they're even possible, and i haven't been able to reach her lately . maybe if i "sticky" the post to the tops of certain forums we want these changes to occur in + people interested subscribed to them that would work? new posts on subscribed threads show up under user CP so you'd at least be notified, but only if interested.

i'm not sure if what i just said is intelligble so what i mean is i would still have a weekly announcement with 3-5 threads that would be at the top of the forums for that week but also "sticky" my 'post a thread' to the request TORD forum and continually updated that post with the 3-5 threads that occur weekly so we have a running list that you could view and be notified of. I could also do a "post a challenge" thread and do the same for games like the ones you suggested? perhaps for that, we could have occasional polls suggesting which game should be featured that users can vote on? i personally don't peruse that forum often so i wouldn't want to be the sole judge of choosing which threads should be highlighted.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:26 AM   #12
MarvHarvey
Truth or Dare Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to MarvHarvey

You mention "stickies" and they are something that I think need cleaning up in general. A bit of consolidation into new ones could cut the number down significantly, and move the active threads up the screen. This is especially useful when using a mobile with small screen.
MarvHarvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 09:32 AM   #13
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

I have made this thread for some chat games... please help me to bump it and get the word out!

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...21#post3259621

RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys

Old 04-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #14
lola.fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvHarvey View Post
You mention "stickies" and they are something that I think need cleaning up in general. A bit of consolidation into new ones could cut the number down significantly, and move the active threads up the screen. This is especially useful when using a mobile with small screen.
thanks for the suggestion! i'm beginning the clean up now.

Old 04-22-2018, 09:43 AM   #15
lola.fox

Quote:
I have made this thread for some chat games... please help me to bump it and get the word out!

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthrea...21#post3259621
thanks lady!!xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Advertisements
Kink Talk