Old 01-19-2017, 06:40 PM   #1
Lacram
Mystery Man

Lightbulb [Interactive story] PTGAOP

You are stranded on a desert island and don't have much food or water left. Should you go look for animals to hunt down? Or would it be wiser to masturbate and wait till you die?

I apologize for the banner above. Anyway, some of you may have played interactive stories before, they aren't very popular on gD, though. I find it rather sad since I like that very combination of a story and a video game.
However, there's no better way to figure out why we don't see them on here than to post your own one and see what people say.

Note: There isn't much content yet and this isn't a finished story whatsoever. Heck, this isn't even a pre-alpha. There are going to be mistakes all over the place. So don't expect anything but imagine what it might look like in a few months time. It's most likely dead by then. Also, don't pay too much attention to grammar or the story itself, this is nothing but a first attempt. Moreover, I'm no writer by definition nor is English my native language.

Take a seat, lean back and let me introduce you to "[Placeholder] - The Great Adventures Of [Placeholder]". Sorry, that's the first thing that came into my mind.

So, what is PTGAOP about? Let me give you an idea by quoting its very first page.

Quote:
isNaN(value)?"NaN":isFinite(value)?String(value):" Infinity";case"string":return JSON.stringify(value);case"function":return"(funct ion)";default:if("object"!==baseType||null==value) return String(value);var objType=Object.prototype.toString.call(value);if("[object Date]"===objType)return'(object: Date, value: "'+value.toISOString()+'")';if("[object RegExp]"===objType)return"(object: RegExp, value: "+value.toString()+")";var opener,closer,result
Ehh, let's go to the third page instead. You should see how gD reacts when you try to post JS code, ugh.

Quote:
Before we start our little adventure, let's go over the rules and make sure you know what you are getting yourself into. While it is an interactive story, it's more than just that.
Some of the things you do in-game you will have to pay for in real life. Not with money but with your body.

Your body is your main currency. If you, for instance, lose charisma by doing something that's not exactly socially acceptable or want to buy something in a shop, it will affect or add tasks you will have to complete in order to continue. May this be edging or something else.

Everything you do bears a risk and may change more than you'd expect.
Now, there's no way to track whether or not you'll follow these rules, it wouldn't be fun if you didn't, though.
So, PTGAOP is going to combine dares/tasks and an interactive story. Sounds exciting? There's more. You don't have to follow a certain path, make it your own story and do whatever you want (within the boundaries I set, of course).
Keep in mind that every choice you make will have an impact on the story, though. As a matter of fact, even your very first choice (see link below) will affect your story later on.

With that being out of the way, let's talk about why I have created this thread in the first place. Whether or not anyone likes the idea laid out above, I will keep developing my story either way.

I'm mostly looking for answers to the following questions:

- How do you feel about interactive stories invading gD?
- Would you like me to post updates as the story above keeps getting bigger?
- Where would you take it?
- What do you want to see story- or gameplay-wise?

If you have a story in mind that'd be perfect for said concept, feel free to tell me in here! Or even better: Do it yourself! Feedback is more than welcome!

If anyone wants to test out the very first version of PTGAOP, here you go:
https://mega.nz/#!kdtjjaIZ!AnfRJmZvw...kwkxEB1eDT8Jhk

Last edited by Lacram; 01-19-2017 at 06:52 PM.
Lacram is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisements
Kink Talk