Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Special > getDare.com

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 09:14 AM   #1
depp
SysOp

Wrench Server & Software Migration

I'm currently in the process of updating both getDare's software and server so that we can get on more modern versions. This means that we might have some trouble in our future!

I've already had to remove some features from the front page, upgrade the forums a smidge, and disable some stuff. Let me know if you see any issues. I'm not done and things may be a bit rocky as I attempt to get us on semi-modern versions of stuff.

Please use this thread to post errors and broken behavior. I'm checking things myself but will also look here as changes roll out.

Edit: Also, we will be going fully https at some point too (sorry NSA).
Old 04-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #2
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

do you thing we should save copies of our blogs/photos/threads or are they safe from being lost during the updates?

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
MischievousKitten
gD king

I'm having trouble getting chat to load. It's mostly just not loading all the way but I did get an sql error at one point.

(It lists my old Dom there too lazy to change it)

Full Likes/Dislikes
PM Dares
My Transition
My Rules
Things I have
BDSMTest (3/14/2018)

Biggest denial: 175 days
Old 04-25-2018, 11:20 AM   #4
messy-emiy
Distinguished Member

I get a lot of 502 bad gateway errors, but I think I got those yesterday as well so it might be on my end?

Punishments: poop, long dares, force feeding/stuffing
Limits: illegal, pics and vids, extreme pain, friends and family

PM Dares - My Toys My WriteForMetasks (for you)
Old 04-25-2018, 11:57 AM   #5
depp
SysOp

Apologies, I think backing up data for a test migration is brining the server to its knees.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:53 PM   #6
Butterfly
A Butterfly Princess <3

Yeah a lot of loading errors and just being really slow, but like you said I think it is just the demand on the server as you are updating.

I haven't noticed any extra glitches or anything, but I am also wondering about blogs as I have 298 that I would be heartbroken to lose and I know others would be too.

My heart belongs to my Husband: Mr. Devious
Being tortured frequently by my Dom SleepySloth
Served by my loyal worm Jaro
Caring for my little TheBrat
RecordingsFAQAMA
Likes/LimitsToys
Discord: butterfly.cm

Old 04-25-2018, 02:16 PM   #7
Manarus
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Yeyyyyy! Finally!

Thanks a lot for your work

Be careful: Long Term, Denial/forced Orgasm, Cum Eating, Poo, Heavy Pain, Rules, Bladder Control

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Non-Consensual, Public, Shaving, Sissification, Time Wasting

Toys: Ropes, Whips, Clothpins, Plugs, ...

Old 04-25-2018, 02:19 PM   #8
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by lola.fox View Post
do you thing we should save copies of our blogs/photos/threads or are they safe from being lost during the updates?
No need to save copies. I would let everyone know if that was a possibility.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:20 PM   #9
depp
SysOp

Apologies. We are doing full backups and then testing getDare on another server. Things might be weird for a while.

Edit: The next site backup will happen sometime tomorrow morning (Pacific Time). We will go down for a short period. I know this is disruptive and will try to limit the trouble. Our code is very old (2004!) and it's the kind of situation where I have to make tiny changes and then see if they work.

Last edited by depp; 04-25-2018 at 02:24 PM.
The following user says Thank You to depp for this post:
Old 04-25-2018, 02:32 PM   #10
lola.fox
♡ limited edition - cock tease barbie ♡

great - thanks! i see you needed no cracking of the whip motivation to get you to do that updates .

i’m a pint-sized lady with not so tiny curves who despises mindless small talk, men who ask for things they don't deserve, and women who have a penchant for gossip.
Old 04-25-2018, 02:50 PM   #11
Locker.room.sub

I take it that it wouldnt be possible to completely update the code to something more fitting for this day and age? A complete getdare revamp?

likes: hypnosis, edging, light public, semi-public, humilitation, swimming dares, pics
dislikes: video, cum eating, public, half face pics
Soft Limits: Face pics
hard limits: social suicide, family, private info, anal, cbt, public where I am likely to catch a court case

Endless pictures and videos aren't my idea of fun

Kik: Locker.room.sub

PM dares:
ADD- you can give me any reasonable and within limits PM dare to add to this list
Old 04-25-2018, 03:00 PM   #12
depp
SysOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locker.room.sub View Post
I take it that it wouldnt be possible to completely update the code to something more fitting for this day and age? A complete getdare revamp?
Maybe? Who knows
Old 04-25-2018, 05:00 PM   #13
Magnetic
Account Banned

Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by depp View Post
I'm currently in the process of updating both getDare's software and server so that we can get on more modern versions. This means that we might have some trouble in our future!

I've already had to remove some features from the front page, upgrade the forums a smidge, and disable some stuff. Let me know if you see any issues. I'm not done and things may be a bit rocky as I attempt to get us on semi-modern versions of stuff.

Please use this thread to post errors and broken behavior. I'm checking things myself but will also look here as changes roll out.

Since you are updating server AND software...

Let me ask you, are you also upgrading skin?

The skin of GetDare is not a good one. It may look nice, but it is not a god one.

I have also been encountering lots and lots of those bad gateway errors.
  1. It is based on tables. What means that it is not reachable to someone who needs to use a screen reader.
  2. It is not fluid, which means it does not use all available screen size.
  3. It is not device friendly, for phones or tablets.
  4. You lack an app for your user's phones and tablets. I know that you don't want to submit to the rules of the manufactures in order to protect your users privacy... But did you know that you are not bound to those rules is you do not want to? True, you won't be able to have your app on the phone's manufacturer store, but phones have a setting that allows you to install software from locations other than those recognized by the manufacturer. You could make a non-app-store app. That way, you could share no info with the manufacturer.

Dare Rules, they apply to all the dares I give unless I specifically excuse you from them.

Did I tell you should be Going Commando? This is what I meant! Why all these rules?

Spank Generator (its thread is here)

Email: [email protected]
Kik: magnetic.king
Old 04-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #14
Manarus
Distinguished Member

You mentioned that we should report any bugs: I don't know if you've recognized this, but if you are on the starting page of http://www.getdare.com , on the right side there was a list of threads which have been recently posted to. This section is now empty.
I often used this section to see what is going on currently.

Be careful: Long Term, Denial/forced Orgasm, Cum Eating, Poo, Heavy Pain, Rules, Bladder Control

Limits: Permanent, Blood, Non-Consensual, Public, Shaving, Sissification, Time Wasting

Toys: Ropes, Whips, Clothpins, Plugs, ...

Old 04-26-2018, 11:15 PM   #15
RiskyFlame
Longtime User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarus View Post
You mentioned that we should report any bugs: I don't know if you've recognized this, but if you are on the starting page of http://www.getdare.com , on the right side there was a list of threads which have been recently posted to. This section is now empty.
I often used this section to see what is going on currently.
You are able to find a similar lost at the bottom of the forum page, or use this link.

I've only really liked a handful of people in my life,
and you've been two of them.

—Hans Axgil—
The following user says Thank You to RiskyFlame for this post:
Closed Thread