Go Back   getDare Truth or Dare > Tangents > Lounge

Old 09-17-2016, 12:50 PM   #16
Buttaholic
getDare Succubus

I think Pm ban for a couple of weeks might just work fine.

Likes/Dislikes & PM Dares

Would it be trouble if they knew?
Buttaholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 12:54 PM   #17
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir stefan View Post
Well that is true.
As said, i don't think linking to postcount is good.
But although i fully see the greatness of pm, and especially at start. I also think that it does not hurt to enjoy a 2 week initiation period in which one can learn some netiquette before being allowed on pm.

Threads and chat are still there.

Has benifit that one can check some posts on receiving a new pm
Linking to post count & the novice of the user is both unfair, in my personal opinion. If I join and was not able to use PM for 2 weeks, I would feel left out and probably would not have become such an active member in the getDare community. Yes, threads & chats would still be an option but no new user wants to create a thread asking tons of questions, thinking that they would be a nuisance to existing members. That goes for chats as well.

I just think there is a better way to control PMs from people that abuse it's use for harassment.

23.f | straight | owned

(dis)likes & limits | pm dares

denied by daddy.

hornyyoungslut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:10 PM   #18
sir stefan
Account Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornyyoungslut View Post
Linking to post count & the novice of the user is both unfair, in my personal opinion. If I join and was not able to use PM for 2 weeks, I would feel left out and probably would not have become such an active member in the getDare community. Yes, threads & chats would still be an option but no new user wants to create a thread asking tons of questions, thinking that they would be a nuisance to existing members. That goes for chats as well.

I just think there is a better way to control PMs from people that abuse it's use for harassment.
OK,
you are probably right
(would not want to propose such a thing without well agreement anyway,.. we dont want to kill this beatifull site )

Maybe a point-system?
Now you can only put to ignore or report which is quite a large threshold.
Maybe something like a "penalty" button.
--> not immidiately "lethal" but giving warning.
(and then that button should activate a message to the trol that he has a penalty, 3 penalties will mean ban, not saying from who and so on)

note: on age-limit: yes, woudl be good... but how??? i also appreciate that coudl apply completely anynomously

certain countries: also, probably true,... but some good guys from those countries we probably definitely want.

pfeew,,,. maybe just live with it.

a quick standard (customizable) fuckoff message button is probably still a nice thing..
sir stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:20 PM   #19
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir stefan View Post
OK,
you are probably right
(would not want to propose such a thing without well agreement anyway,.. we dont want to kill this beatifull site )

Maybe a point-system?
Now you can only put to ignore or report which is quite a large threshold.
Maybe something like a "penalty" button.
--> not immidiately "lethal" but giving warning.
(and then that button should activate a message to the trol that he has a penalty, 3 penalties will mean ban, not saying from who and so on)

note: on age-limit: yes, woudl be good... but how??? i also appreciate that coudl apply completely anynomously

certain countries: also, probably true,... but some good guys from those countries we probably definitely want.

pfeew,,,. maybe just live with it.

a quick standard (customizable) fuckoff message button is probably still a nice thing..
I just think that there should be PM moderation, specific users who address people who abuse PMs and the PM issues. They could directly contact users who are constantly reported for offenses of the PM inbox and tell them they have warnings, and if more offenses come through of the same person, they receive a PM ban for a certain amount of days.

Sounds like a shit ton of work but PM is a big part of the issue regarding harassment and aggression by members.

23.f | straight | owned

denied by daddy.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:30 PM   #20
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:

Sounds like a shit ton of work but PM is a big part of the issue regarding harassment and aggression by members.
It wouldn't be that hard to code a report button, and if a user gets, say, 20 reports from unique users, a warning is sent, and their account is suspended until an admin reviews the PMs and either deletes the account or releases it. I am active on a site that has more than 100 volunteer mods who review content, and the system works pretty well. It has been my experience that getDare is a "hands off" site that isn't very interested in sanctioning the actions of bad users or fakes.
DJ-playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:36 PM   #21
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ-playmate View Post
It wouldn't be that hard to code a report button, and if a user gets, say, 20 reports from unique users, a warning is sent, and their account is suspended until an admin reviews the PMs and either deletes the account or releases it. I am active on a site that has more than 100 volunteer mods who review content, and the system works pretty well. It has been my experience that getDare is a "hands off" site that isn't very interested in sanctioning the actions of bad users or fakes.
I've always felt that getDare was little bit under-staffed, especially since most mods and admins are not always active on the daily basis and don't address bigger issues than posting a thread within the wrong section. There are tons of loyal users who have been around for a while that would be more than willing to contribute to getDare staff, even if it is a small position and would help improve the quality of the site.

I love the mods and admins, don't get me wrong. They work tremendously hard to keep this site alive and safe and I respect that, but I feel there should be active getDare staff that addresses certain issues that downplay the potential of the site.

23.f | straight | owned

denied by daddy.

Last edited by hornyyoungslut; 09-17-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:43 PM   #22
TomLikesIt

Quote:
That's not actually true, there is a very long, sometimes funny ban list(quick links). You also can report people from their profile. I think they review such reports. What I think mods don't care much about is people posting "do me now" in persons above threads and generally breaking the thread's rules :/

Likes: Mild Pain, Hidden Public, Gags, Spit, Cum, Spanking

Punishments: Hook-ups, Toothpaste, Toilet Control, Denial, Piss

Limits: CBT, Messy, Hard Pain, Blood, Public, Friends, Family, Scat, Permanent, Face on Pics

Kik: tomlikesitGD
TomLikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 01:48 PM   #23
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLikesIt View Post
That's not actually true, there is a very long, sometimes funny ban list(quick links). You also can report people from their profile. I think they review such reports. What I think mods don't care much about is people posting "do me now" in persons above threads and generally breaking the thread's rules :/
Yes, reporting users from their profiles is possible, but we are regarding, specifically, PMs that are sent. Most admins and mods, I think, do not regard PMs or look into them as a major issue. Reporting a PM message, regarding the person, wouldn't be too hard to come up with if getDare took the time to address it.

"Person Above" threads are not a major thread that requires a ton of attention. Rules that are created by the OPer aren't truly an issue that needs to be addressed by getDare staff, but needs to be addressed by the OPer if the issue continues. getDare staff will step in if they proceed to disrupt the thread, ultimately trash-can it.

23.f | straight | owned

denied by daddy.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:52 PM   #24
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
I love the mods and admins, don't get me wrong. They work tremendously hard to keep this site alive and safe and I respect that, but I feel there should be active getDare staff that addresses certain issues that downplay the potential of the site.
I agree, I don't blame the current mods, I just think getDare should have more mods. And I think the site would be vastly improved if they were more aggressive about sanctioning bad users.
Old 09-17-2016, 01:56 PM   #25
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
I agree, I don't blame the current mods, I just think getDare should have more mods. And I think the site would be vastly improved if they were more aggressive about sanctioning bad users.
I wouldn't say they should be more aggressive because it all depends on what you consider to be a "bad user."

23.f | straight | owned

denied by daddy.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:57 PM   #26
TomLikesIt

You can also attach a screenshot od the PM. But that wouldn't tell mods if it's a regular habit. Said that, in my opinion giving admins permission to read one person's PM's(they probably had it if they wanted to) even if he/she is breaking the rules, is a huge privacy infringement and would drive people away either way....

Likes: Mild Pain, Hidden Public, Gags, Spit, Cum, Spanking

Punishments: Hook-ups, Toothpaste, Toilet Control, Denial, Piss

Limits: CBT, Messy, Hard Pain, Blood, Public, Friends, Family, Scat, Permanent, Face on Pics

Kik: tomlikesitGD
TomLikesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:01 PM   #27
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLikesIt View Post
You can also attach a screenshot od the PM. But that wouldn't tell mods if it's a regular habit. Said that, in my opinion giving admins permission to read one person's PM's(they probably had it if they wanted to) even if he/she is breaking the rules, is a huge privacy infringement and would drive people away either way....
Yes, I have sent screenshots of PMs to an admin and had the issue addressed. But if someone is clearly being aggressive and is breaking the rules of the site, it needs to be handled.

I'm not saying that every getDare staff can access every users' PMs whenever they wish, but if an issue arises that needs to be addressed through a PM, the user reporting it should be willing to allow the staff member to access their PMs to confront the issue at hand.

Privacy infringement should not be an issue if the user consents to sharing the PM with the staff member to confront an issue that is arising in PMs. Private messaging is a part of the site and the rules apply there as well. You cannot use PMs to abuse the rules of the site and expect to get away with it.

23.f | straight | owned

denied by daddy.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:01 PM   #28
tomitis

While I think that offering more temporary bans or ignoring options are effective, I think that it is a temporary fix to the whole situation.

As more people continue to visit the site and newer members get interested, the problem still remains: people won't check the guidelines, read the robot-generated introduction PM, or are unaware of their actions.

I think that if the community as a whole must raise awareness of the current situation. Threads like this helps those who are unaware such as I.
Unfortunately, I do not have a possible solution for those who harass via pm and/or ignore the limits and dislikes in the signature. I think those types of people would have disregarded the rules anyways and use anonymity as their advantage.
Currently: Looking for female submissive play partners

http://bdsmtest.org/result.php?id=2479172

Score: 44
ricepuritytest.com
tomitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #29
hornyyoungslut
getDare Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomitis View Post
While I think that offering more temporary bans or ignoring options are effective, I think that it is a temporary fix to the whole situation.

As more people continue to visit the site and newer members get interested, the problem still remains: people won't check the guidelines, read the robot-generated introduction PM, or are unaware of their actions.

I think that if the community as a whole must raise awareness of the current situation. Threads like this helps those who are unaware such as I.
Unfortunately, I do not have a possible solution for those who harass via pm and/or ignore the limits and dislikes in the signature. I think those types of people would have disregarded the rules anyways and use anonymity as their advantage.
The thing is: I don't want to have to continue ignore tons of users. It's an inconvenience to me.

Ignoring the limits within signatures is an issue, but is not huge. They can easily be confronted by saying "___ is a limit of mine" and reject the dare/task/etc. Harassment through PMs is becoming more of an issue each day and is affecting peoples' view of the site I'm afraid. (Hence, why this thread was created, regarding most women of the site quitting.)

23.f | straight | owned

denied by daddy.

Old 09-17-2016, 02:13 PM   #30
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
The thing is: I don't want to have to continue ignore tons of users. It's an inconvenience to me.

Ignoring the limits within signatures is an issue, but is not huge. They can easily be confronted by saying "___ is a limit of mine" and reject the dare/task/etc. Harassment through PMs is becoming more of an issue each day and is affecting peoples' view of the site I'm afraid. (Hence, why this thread was created, regarding most women of the site quitting.)
Quite frankly, when I meet someone here I want to know, we take it off the site.... using secondary e-mail and Skype addresses to communicate, or Kik if absolutely necessary. The real women are here, they just stay pretty stealthy and communicate with guys who put themselves out there as patient, well-spoken, and sincere.

Advertisements
Kink Talk

Tags
slaves, subs