View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #6
Kvothe

I realize the point of your post isn't so much to start an argument over the article, but it bugged me a bit so I want to at least say a couple things.

It would be useful to have fairly static definitions of 'submissive', 'slave', even 'painslut' or whatever else you want. But that isn't how it works with fractured communities spread all over the place. Especially when the topic is so private, limiting discussion and consensus.

He then goes on to imply that 'submissive' and 'slave' have specific meanings and defines them as if referencing some authority when no such authority exists. This is a bit grating.

The definitions are annoying too. While 'slave' may not be clearly defined, I don't think I've seen a single context/community where it was synonymous with 24/7 lifestyler. His definition of submissive is much closer to what most people use the word slave for.

It was also implied (at a glance) that safewords were a sub thing, not a slave thing. People should note that safewords are an 80%+ of the BDSM community thing and giving them up is not done lightly.

Anyway, still an interesting topic to discuss the terms as he defined them, I just don't want people to be under the illusion that this is the strictly proper use of those terms. Sorry to risk the derail.
Kvothe is offline   Reply With Quote