View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 09:23 PM   #2
CIA

The red trailblazer came to a slow and steady halt in front of the highschool doors.

“Hey, just don’t forget to pick me up, this storm isn't supposed to let up” Adam told his dad getting out of the vehicle
“I won’t, and if you feel really tired, just call home, I’ll be here in a few minutes”

Adam shut the door to the Blazer and walked to the front entrance of his high school. The place always did have that “I’m from the early thirteenth century” look about it, and even worse, when it rains out, the school inherits a musty smell.
Adam quickly ducked inside to avoid the rain, and every day he usually saw the same thing. The first thing he saw was the drives ed teacher swinging his keys around, talking on his cell phone waiting for his first class to show, so they could start driving, Adam always wondered who he was talking to.
Then not to his surprise, there was little 5’4 Gimmy (pronounced like Jimmy, but spelt with a G), being picked on by a few bullies, Keith, Tommy, and Riley A.K.A O'Neill. Everyday it was the same thing, Adam would talk to them and let Gimmy escape, but this time Adam walked right by, just like previously theses past couple of weeks, he just decided if the kid should stick up for himself for once, he even thought about taking his backpack and throwing it on top of the lockers, for a second.

“Could I get a little help here A” Gimmy hoarsely whispered while Keith was putting his arm around Gimmy making him uncomfortable.

“Don’t talk to me” Adam said darkly, and continued to walk by

Next, Adam wouldn't see “it”, but he would smell a kid named Ted, the biggest pot head at his school. You could just smell that awful smell, and it would just follow him. Except, today he actually saw him.

“Hey you dropped this” Ted handed Adam a notebook with a small bulge in it
“I didn't...”
“Enjoy” He said walking off

Adam opened the notebook and a small bag of what he knew was weed almost fell out, and a handwritten note was above it:
“Looks like you could use it, heres my number if you need more 498-5256” (just an example number)
Ted

Adam threw it in his pack real quick and walked off. Adam wasn't quite sure what to do, but he just threw it in his pack. Adam decided to let loose, let himself have a little break. After all, why should he always be the “Good”, uptight, nice, etc... guy, it just wasn't fair.

The bell rang, first hour, it rang again, and again and again. Last hour hit. In Adam’s History class, A girl named Kat passed an invite to a party later that night, beer included. Adam... accepted her invite with a flirtatious wink. And then put his head down like he did earlier in the day.
Adam was finally free when his last bell rang, and true to his word, his Dad was there waiting ten minutes early to pick him up. Adam’s dad was never late for him, never once had he missed an event he had to attend for Adam, from his Jr. High Promotion, to just now, picking him up from school, brought up memories from Adam’s time in elementary.
The short ride home was quiet and uneventful, but that changed when they got home.
John got a call from the school earlier in the day to report Adam’s grades, that they fell. An argument ensued between Adam and his Dad, and very rarely did that happen, both ended up raising their voices, and Adam just shut himself in his room.
staring at his backpack, staring, wondering. Adam opened his backpack and found the little baggie, Adam opened it and thought. He smoked it, all of it, rolled it all in a piece of paper, and just smoked it, he was happy, well not with the taste and irritation, but felt relieved. For about a good 15 minutes anyway, Adam ran to the toilet and threw up. He took a long cold shower, and soon after brushed his teeth twice, and sprayed his room down with Axe. Thinking of no consequence of what he just had done, and decided to attend tonight's party for the hell of it.

Four hours later after just laying there, Adam came out of his room to find his Dad managing stocks on a laptop. sitting on a couch all by himself, he didn't even have the TV on.

“Dad I’m gonna go out” Adam said grabbing his keys
“Alright, just ... nevermind” He looked at his son

Getting in his yellow Chevy, Adam just sat for a minute, thinking about that look on his Dads face, never had they fought over something so stupid. But that didn’t stop Adam from igniting the engine of his Chevy, and going half a mile to the party.
Before he could get there though, a small Ford pulled up beside him at a red stoplight, it was Keith and the other two.

“Wanna race, its a straight shot down to Kat’s house, if you're going to the party” Keith asked
“I am, your on” Adam said getting ready to punch his engine

Adam actually hit 68mph for a few seconds, beating Keith. Pulling into the lot, the house was overly large, the music was pounding out of the house. There were mobs of people everywhere, he couldn't even name half the people there.
Adam never really went to these parties, but he sure was enjoying himself. Socializing was another thing Adam really didn’t do, but he sure did talk to a lot people that night. He even drank, and drank a lot, and definitely felt the buzz. He knew better, Adam had a tragic event happen very early in his life that involved a drunk driver, and Adam said he would never, ever, under any circumstances drink alcohol.
Ted was there, making those “Smooth” passes at people offering them weed, and stopped Adam for a chat.

“Hey your looking better, did you like it” He had to yell over the music
“What in the hell are you talking about” Adam tried to dodge the question
“Come on bro, I've been doing this long enough to know when someone tries it for the first time, here, I have just a little extra for another sample”
“If you ever try to give me drugs again, I’ll punch you in your fucking face” Adam asserted
“See, thats what the drugs are for man, here take this” Ted tried handing Adam a little baggy

It almost sounded like a loud clap, well, Adam true to his word punched Ted square in the face, probably broke his nose. Ted hit the floor and scrambled away, Adam never felt so, powerful, so assertive. A few people looked at Adam but just shrugged and went back to partying. Adam felt a tap against his butt, he turned around somewhat surprised to see Kat with a huge ass grin on her face.

“Thanks for getting rid of the lowlife, God, I asked him to leave like ten times” Kat said jumping up against Adam, her blonde hair bouncing
“No problem” Adam leaned up against her smiling, grasping a small feel of her left breast
CIA is offline   Reply With Quote