View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
interesting
getDare Succubus

Location: Somewhere between here and there, in Quebec, Canada...
Default Daphne and Patrick, part II - The Restaurant

The atmosphere inside the restaurant was typically oriental. The place felt like a scene from a traditional Chinese movie. The music added to the ambiance.

Daphne and Patrick were seated very quickly. The place was relatively empty, and Daphne and Patrick insisted on being seated in the corner of the room. They wanted their conversations to remain private. The waitress came over, brought them some traditional tea, then they ordered off the menu. As they waited for the food to arrive, the two shared a little of their histories, not in detail but just enough to become familiar with one another.

Daphne was finding Patrick to be quite the gentleman. In fact, his politeness and etiquette were somewhat much. She had not expected him to be so neat. She suspected, however, that behind this façade, Patrick was a man who enjoyed moments of carelessness and abandon, and she was intrigued as to what it would take to make that part of him come out of the shell.

"So you do photography?"
"Yes. I enjoy it very much."
"I'd love to see your work."
"Actually..."

Patrick had expected such a question. Most people he met to whom he told of his interest wanted to sample his work. He always carried with him a small portfolio of his best pictures. He handed them over to Daphne. She unfolded it and examined the images with interest. Patrick was definitely talented in the department. She could easily picture herself in these photos of scantily clad or nude women in bondage. Patrick was hoping the pictures were not too provocative; Daphne's reaction eased his mind.

"They're very beautiful."

Patrick obviously had a question in his mind but he was reluctant to ask it. Daphne read between the lines and simply answered:

"Maybe."

The conversation did not go any further in that direction and instead turned to Daphne.

"You like dancing?"
"I love it."
"Classes?"
"Hip hop and ballet."
"Which do you prefer? They seem opposite."
"I can't tell, and no they're not. They're different, but they can also complement each other."
"I'd love to see you dance."
"Then take me dancing later."
"I plan to."

The meal went off without a hitch. The more they spoke, the more Daphne and Patrick found common ground. They started talking about models in general. Both of them worked with models; Daphne designed dresses with them in mind while Patrick posed models. They compared names but neither of them worked with the same people. It would have been too much of a coincidence.

They decided to skip dessert. Patrick offered to pay for the restaurant, hoping his etiquette would be up to par, given the new attitudes of some of the more modern women. He was pleased that Daphne accepted and did not insist on paying. She did, however, make one comment.

"Is there a cover for where we're going dancing?"
"There is."
"I'd like to cover it, if you don't mind."

Patrick didn't argue. Once they were done, they moved outside and headed for Patrick's car.

"I hope you'll like the place where I'm taking you."
"Only one way to know. And if I don't the place, at least, I'll enjoy the company."

That bit of flattery did not go unnoticed to Patrick. He smiled. He felt a real connection with this girl. This was going along more smoothly than he had hoped. Still, he kept his expectations low. His only goal for the night was to have a good time and to make sure that his date did so as well.

Daphne, on the other hand, was getting more and more into Patrick, and she was wondering if he would make a move on her sometime during the night. She still wasn't sure if she would let him, but she was definitely considering letting him get at least to first base, if nothing else. She was really digging him.

The car rode off to its next destination.
interesting is offline   Reply With Quote