View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 10:54 AM   #52
Ninjota
Distinguished Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBstantial View Post
I'm too lazy right now to read all of the pages but wanted to mention this:

Some studies have shown that these artificial sweetners can cause people to gain, not lose, weight. For those with chronic pain, artificial sweetners can make it worse. Artificial sweeteners cause adverse action in the brain...some of them cause neurotransmitters to abnomally fire, which can cause a false sense of hunger.

My suggestion is for you to either stay away from sweeteners altogether or switch to one like Stevia. All natural, not man-made crap.

* I'm a naturalist (overweight but overall healthy) AND I have fibromyalgia (a chronic pain condition). So, yeah, I have done my research enough to be able to talk about this.
Alot of artificial sweetners do that, however i too have done my reasearch and not only that, put it into action and lost 115 lbs over all so far.

Ive found aspartame to be very harmful, and Sucralose to be fine, ive been eating sucralose for a while now, and like i said, ive lost 115 lbs, because its a derivative (sp?) of sugar, and therefore natural enough to not cause harm when taken in moderation.

Stevia, is good as well. Ide forgot to mention that so thanks.
If I was your vampire, death waits for no one
Hold my hands across your face
Because I think our time has come
Ninjota is offline   Reply With Quote