Thread: Fiction: Prison Island
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #38
Luffy90

Chapter 18

It was Wednesday morning and Ruby was picked up by another girl she hadn't seen before for todays job. A tiny, short haired brunette came sprinting up the stairs towards her.
  "Hey... Ruby right?" She asked short of breath as she came up to her.
  "Yes, and you?"
  "I'm Penny. Just follow me quickly, we need to get started." She said and started sprinting back down, not looking back to see if Ruby was following or not.
  Ruby took up the chase after her and managed to catch up with her at the exit of the cell block. They ended up in the middle of the grassy area in the courtyard and there were two boys there aswell. This was the first time she had seen any of them up close. Up until now, it had only been from a distance through a window. Their uniforms were strangely similar. They wore white boxers and a shirt without sleeves and a pair of shoes.

"Alright everyone, listen up." Penny started, the three others turned their attention to her. "We’re doing clean up duty here at the prison. Just like today we are usually two girls and two boys doing this. Today's area is the grassy area here. We need to pick everything that is not a straw of grass out of it. That means any kind of flowers, weeds or garbage and so on. It's boring and it’s gonna take a while, so lets just get started."

This is gonna be a nice change of pace. Ruby thought as she got started in one of the corners of the park, the three others each picked their own corner. It didn’t take long however for her back to start hurting from crouching around picking up things.

A few hours later, Penny called them back to her again. "That should be all for now. Good work. Now get yourself some well earned dinner and rest. Our job today was important, at least from what i've been told from the guards. The warden is apparently giving a big announcement tomorrow morning here, so it had to look good.

Tired and hurting with a sore back, Ruby dragged herself back to the cell were Kate was waiting.
  "You look as lively as ever." Kate said, laughing as she saw Ruby slowly crawl into her bed to lie down and relax her back.
  "Screw you." Ruby replied back in a sarcastic voice.
  "Well, we gotta get ourself some dinner before nighttime, so you better get up again."
  "Just... Give me five minutes."

Once they were back up in their cell again after dinner they each climbed into their own bed to relax. Ruby then decided to confront Kate about her dream the night before.
Luffy90 is offline   Reply With Quote