View Single Post
Old 09-18-2016, 05:18 PM   #65
DJ-playmate
getDare Sweetheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleonav06 View Post
Yes I understand this, but my point is that this is a problem and we shouldnt have to be struggling to protect ourselves and using fake emails and accounts just so that some creepy guy can't stalk us
I agree with you that it shouldn't be a problem, but it's been a problem for ages and probably always will be. Earlier I talked about having paid accounts to reduce creeps and trolls, but on one of my sites that has paid premium accounts, there are actually trolls who make multiple paid accounts, at $20 each mind you, so they can troll with less fear of getting deleted (premium accounts are harder to sanction on that site).

Ironically, it's not only anonymity (or, better said, pseudonymity) that protects us when needed, it is the anonymity of the Internet that allows the worst elements of society to flourish unchecked. People have proposed a space on the web where you need to register your real identity to have an account and use protected sites, but obviously a site like this would die in such a space.
DJ-playmate is offline   Reply With Quote