View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 12:06 AM   #24
AnalAddict
getDare Addict

I wanted to contribute some of my first insights here:

1) Yes, I’m pretty sure the start is easier when you’re female because people will check your dare out just because of that. I also agree with the earlier advice though; it takes more than that to keep it up. And yes, guys can have very active TODR threads too. You can find a few doing really well right now. These guys have a community of people they have fun with, and you’ll see them interact with those people on loads of threads. So when they create one, we’re all there for the fun.

2) Fun. All of this is about enjoyment and fun, for the person starting the thread and for the darers. One of the key factors I’ve seen in people getting lots of dares is for them finding enjoyment in the replies and showing it. Even better if you can inject some wit into it. Intermediate tallies, rewards for top posters, and reports after doing some or all of the dares that share some of the sensations or emotions as well as what it was you did, make it soooo much more fun.

3) Make it simple, without killing creativity. Unless you’re looking for out-of-the-box dares, keywords can help. As can clear rules that are not overly complex. Give people some variety to choose from, while showing the things you actually want. Even better if you can add back some creativity by letting the Xth poster go wild with ideas / have the top poster decide and set a task at the end / ...

4) Having someone post on your behalf can be amazing fun—people might like to know the thread was a gift/punishment to someone else IF the person the dares are intended for actively participates and clearly enjoys (or dreads in the fun way) what’s happening.

5) Link to your dare in your signature, it gives people an easy way to interact with your dare. In my humble opinion, it only works well if you interact a lot with others on the forums (and not just for the sake of visibility, but actual interactions) and if you think through what others will get out of your dare (in my case, they clearly want revenge for all the edges I've been sharing with joy )

Above all, have fun

Last edited by AnalAddict; 11-11-2020 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Typos and adding point 5
AnalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote