Thread: Fiction: An Unfortunate Event
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
ilovegunge

Default An Unfortunate Event

Hey all! It's been awhile since I've posted here, but I had an idea for a story so I started to run with it. I've obviously got stuff in my life I have to do, but hopefully I'll be able to update it everyday. Please be kind, it's my first try at writing here!
Thanks and enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHAPTER 1
I trudged down the hallway, trying to take as long as I could to get to my math class. It was a Friday in April, a day which seniors like myself dreaded. Already into college, classes were a joke, and we couldn’t wait until tonight to party. Today was exponentially worse as it didn’t seem like anyone was willing to host a party for the majority of the grade. Math was my last class and I just wanted to get through it to relax for the rest of the day.
Suddenly, I heard someone shout my name from behind me. When I turned, I saw my best friend Matt bounding towards me with a ridiculous smile on his face, his long brown hair trailing behind him. Ask any of the girls in our grade and they’ll tell you Matt was the best looking guy. Throughout his high school years, he had numerous girlfriends, each prettier than the last. I was nowhere near as good looking as he was, but we’d been friends since elementary school so we’d stuck together.
“Hey, Jay.” he said, “Guess what? I’m hosting a small party at my house tonight since there’s nothing else going on.”
“Are you serious?” I asked, “Do you think that’s a good idea.” Matt’s dad was notorious throughout town for his temper that would cause him snap at any moment. It was for this reason that Matt rarely had kids over to his house. On only the few occasions I had been in nearly twelve years, I had made sure his dad was not around.
“Nah, it’s all cool. My dad’s going out on a super important meeting and probably won’t even be home until tomorrow” He said. Just then, we heard the bell ring. “Shit, I’m late. Just come tonight around 8:00.”
Before I could said anything else, he was gone. With renewed spirits about the hope of a great night, I was ready to face my final class.
~~~~~~~~~
The front door slammed behind me as I walked into my house. The first thing I saw was a note from my mom telling me she’d be gone until late and to just text her if I was going out. I was all alone. I made myself a sandwich, took a nap, and woke up around 6:00. The first thing I saw when I checked my phone was a missed call from Natalie. “Huh” I mumbled aloud. When we were in elementary school, Nat and I had been best friends. When I wasn’t hanging out with Matt, I was with her, but when we got to middle school we kind of drifted apart into our respective friend groups. We were still very friendly when our paths crossed, but that didn’t happen often.
Sitting up slowly in bed, I called her back to see what she wanted. After a couple rings she picked up the phone.
“Jay, hey how have you been.” She said, always bursting with energy.
“I’ve been good. It’s been awhile since we talked, what’s up?”
“Well I know you’re pretty good friends with Matt…” her voice drifted off. While Nat and Matt had been friends through me in our youth, I doubt they had spoken in years.
“And you want to know if I can get you to his party tonight?” I asked, finished her sentence.
“Well yeah. We got a ton of booze and don’t need to waste in on just the three of us.”
The three of us in this situation was Nat and her two best friends, Corri and Anna. They floated around to different social groups, but the three of them always stuck together. I put Nat on hold to text Matt. He quickly texted me back to tell me of course they were welcome.
“Hey I’m back.” I said, picking up the conversation again. “You guys are all good. Matt says you’re welcome to come.
“Thank you sooo much Jay. I really owe you one.”
“Don’t mention it.” Was all I could think to say.
“Hey, Anna actually wasn’t planning on drinking tonight, so if you want a ride she could pick you up and take you there too.”
“Alright that would be great. Just get me around 8.”
I laid back down onto my bed and smiled. I knew tonight was going to be a pretty good night.

PM Dares

Looking for a Slave!
ilovegunge is offline   Reply With Quote